Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

TransonicPower

This is exactly how I did it:

Pre doing this - coop and solo legendary done including prologue and epilogue

Doing this - I put on all skulls bar blind and started Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo. Used the video to skip most of the battles. Finished the mission. I never saved and quit the game at any point during the mission, I did die once but all I did was press start then restart mission (it restarted me from Rally Point Bravo). I'm not certain but I think it started the next level after I was done and then I just ended the game.

I then went to waypoint through the Halo 4 menu entered the code and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Nice. It must be the no save and quit, restart level or co-op legendary then. I will try again. Did you save and quit in the cutscene ending or start of next mission. can anyone confirm? Edit: Restart level to bravo with no save&quit. quit after the new mission starts. No unlock yet lol damn this code. https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/eskobar%20m92/home/match-9de3db7ce46d433a

I can do this bravo checkpoint in 15 minutes first try now I done it so many times. I might try the whole mission or whole campaign slaso sometime if I want a challenge. Anyways thanks for helping. I'm sure the glitch works for some people.

Edited by StarsRPD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read through most of the posts here and I was just wondering, while this works for solo, will the same method work for Legendary Co-op? Meaning, since I have already finished it on Co-Op Heroic, will me choosing the last rally point on Legendary work the same way as co-op?

I can confirm this method still works as of a few days ago.

Nice. It must be the no save and quit, restart level or co-op legendary then. I will try again. Did you save and quit in the cutscene ending or start of next mission. can anyone confirm? Edit: Restart level to bravo with no save&quit. quit after the new mission starts. No unlock yet lol damn this code. https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/eskobar%20m92/home/match-9de3db7ce46d433a

I can do this bravo checkpoint in 15 minutes first try now I done it so many times. I might try the whole mission or whole campaign slaso sometime if I want a challenge. Anyways thanks for helping. I'm sure the glitch works for some people.

I skipped the cutscenes then saved and quit once the mission begun.

This is exactly how I did it:

Pre doing this - coop and solo legendary done including prologue and epilogue

Doing this - I put on all skulls bar blind and started Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo. Used the video to skip most of the battles. Finished the mission. I never saved and quit the game at any point during the mission, I did die once but all I did was press start then restart mission (it restarted me from Rally Point Bravo). I'm not certain but I think it started the next level after I was done and then I just ended the game.

I then went to waypoint through the Halo 4 menu entered the code and it worked.

Hope this helps.

like i said iv tried this so many different ways, on the 2nd run i did it first go with out dying, (with all 13 on)

iv finished everything legendary before this.. guess it just doesnt like some people

FML I did it and no Cheevo popped. So from what I have just read I have to figure out what level I have saved and quit on?

Ok I have just re done the levels I think I had saved and quit from and still didn't get it. One last thing I can think off is that I am offline as I have no I Internet. Would this affect it?

Edited by NewProfileKid

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing you should have any trouble with is Knights. They can be pretty nasty on Legendary since they pretty much one-shot you with melee and disappear on a whim. Biggest wastes of ammo ever.

Than again, it could be different for you seeing as how you had trouble with H3, but not Reach. It was the other way around for me. Elites made Reach hella hard whereas Halo 3 was the easiest legendary playthrough I've had yet in the series.

• 2 weeks later...
But you get a shiny new emblem for completing it LASO :(...

Seriously though, I'm following the ARG on Waypoint and LASO completion may be significant to future Waypoint terminal unlock codes.

I do want to LASO it either way, once I've reached SR130.

You also get 50,000 XP too from Waypoint :)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that beating the campaign solo legendary will give you access to a classified code! This makes it easier to get that too.

And XP!

Hey, it's worth a shot. It works in some games to just beat that last level.

Thanks again OP for the tip. I loved the story and cutscenes, but the gameplay was too familiar so I got quickly bored and annoyed by the campaign. So glad to be finally done with the single player once and for all.

The gameplay was rather different than the others, some of it similar, some of it not. I very much enjoyed the story, and I think for 343's first formal fray into the franchise (not counting Halo: CEA and the Halo Reach map packs), it was nicely well done.

I'm going to try this and see how this goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will be hitting up Legendary tonight with this can we confirm if it still works or not please?

MKC.

As of 3/18 it still worked. I haven't tried it since then so I'm not sure, but if there haven't been any title updates (ones specifically to deal with issues and problems, not just an update to add on a map pack), there's no reason it won't still work.

Unlucky jds78. This is a quick way of beating it on legendary but still the game is easier than Reach's solo legendary.

I just had a thought. Has anyone ever tried this method on any other Halo game, specifically Reach, since there are two separate achievements for solo and co-op? I did Legendary co-op and the Solo achievement is the last one I need to 100% the game. I'm curious to find out if this will work as well. I think I'll try it this weekend...

No such luck on this end. (EDIT: As far as LASO goes.)

Gave this a try for LASO a few moments ago on Reclaimer, Rally Point Bravo. Died several times and clicked "Restart Mission" a couple times, but never saved and quit. Also did without Blind, just to see (snort). Went from the Halo 4 menu afterwards to Waypoint, entered the code, and got locked.

Previously completed Legendary both solo and co-op, including prologue and epilogue.

Gonna try again with Blind on this time, now that I know the route.

EDIT: Still no dice, the code is still locked even with Blind. Also still died several times simply because I can't make that first glitchy jump, so unless I literally have to go from start to finish at Rally Point Bravo without dying or restarting the mission ONCE, then perhaps it's possible that the exploit was finally addressed?

Edited by stuhp

As of 3/18 it still worked. I haven't tried it since then so I'm not sure, but if there haven't been any title updates (ones specifically to deal with issues and problems, not just an update to add on a map pack), there's no reason it won't still work.

I just had a thought. Has anyone ever tried this method on any other Halo game, specifically Reach, since there are two separate achievements for solo and co-op? I did Legendary co-op and the Solo achievement is the last one I need to 100% the game. I'm curious to find out if this will work as well. I think I'll try it this weekend...

As of 29th April this seems to be working, I haven't completed the entire campaign yet but it all seems to ticking off as Legendary...

Will update when/if chevo unlocks!

- MKC

So I never got around to playing this besides the online and was gonna go back to clean it up..

I just can play on easy and beat it then load last checkpoint on legendary and it still works? Or did it get patched.

That's what we're trying to figure out, if this method still works. I've done the first six levels in co-op with this method and it's worked. Either people aren't playing the campaign or just don't want to chime in if they've done it recently and it still works.

I'll re-verify it tonight since it seems no one else wants to, except for MKC.

And to be clear, you have to play the last checkpoint of EVERY level (ALL 8) on Legendary to unlock the Legendary achievements, not just the last checkpoint of the last level.

As of 29th April this seems to be working, I haven't completed the entire campaign yet but it all seems to ticking off as Legendary...

Will update when/if chevo unlocks!

- MKC

Hope it's still working. I'm going to be doing the last two missions in co-op tonight. Want to do them as painless as possible.

EDIT - It still works! Just completed Mission 7 and 8 on Easy in co-op, replayed the last Rally Points for both missions in co-op (Bravo for Mission 7 and Charlie for Mission 8), and at the end of Mission 8, I got 4 achievements for 170gs.

Achievements unlocked:

"Wake Up, John"

"I Need a Hero"

"The Legend of 117"

"Bromaggedon"

If it works in co-op, I would imagine it would work single player.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

That's what we're trying to figure out, if this method still works. I've done the first six levels in co-op with this method and it's worked. Either people aren't playing the campaign or just don't want to chime in if they've done it recently and it still works.

I'll re-verify it tonight since it seems no one else wants to, except for MKC.

And to be clear, you have to play the last checkpoint of EVERY level (ALL 8) on Legendary to unlock the Legendary achievements, not just the last checkpoint of the last level.

Hope it's still working. I'm going to be doing the last two missions in co-op tonight. Want to do them as painless as possible.

EDIT - It still works! Just completed Mission 7 and 8 on Easy in co-op, replayed the last Rally Points for both missions in co-op (Bravo for Mission 7 and Charlie for Mission 8), and at the end of Mission 8, I got 4 achievements for 170gs.

Achievements unlocked:

"Wake Up, John"

"I Need a Hero"

"The Legend of 117"

"Bromaggedon"

If it works in co-op, I would imagine it would work single player.

Glad co-op worked, I shall complete Single and let you know :)

Edit: As of 4th May 2013 - this still works, Legendary single player done! Still not easy at the best of times I wont lie, but all done and dusted. Bring on Halo 5 :p

MKC

Edited by MKC

• 3 weeks later...