The Endless Setlist 2 Questions - Answers Here

Crimson Ridley

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting vinyl artist and bladder of steel somewhere back in november I finally tried to do ESL 2 on expert drums, perfectly knowing that panic attack and visions are pretty much hit and miss for me, even when I'm not totally worn out :p.

I never imagined it to be so exhausting...especially playing Ramblin' Man somewhere in the 70's where my leg and my arms already were a mess :(.

The funny thing was, that even though I had no feeling left in my right foot and my arms I passed Panic Attack and Visions on my first try. So no fails, but admittedly three 10 minute breaks in between the songs. I guess tomorrow I won't (be able to) move out of my bed ;).

RB 2 = 1000 g for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing this for a 3rd time. I've had 1000g in RB2 for a while now, but I'm going to try and help my friend get his achievements.

1st attempt was on Hard drums as I wasn't very confident about Visions and Shoulder to the Plow on expert, but I got my bladder of steel and gold/vinyl achievements. 2nd attempt was on expert vocals; I passed everything 1st try except for Shackler's Revenge and Rob the Prez-o-dent, but completed both after 5 or so tries.

So now my friend is going to be on guitar, and I'll be on drums, both on expert. None of the later songs are a problem now, 94% on Visions, 97% on SttP, 99% on Battery. :woop: We won't be starting for maybe a couple of weeks, but I'll update at some point. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Endless Setlist 2 on Expert Drums last night. :)

Before I started I practised the final 8 songs to ensure I was not stuck after playing for 5 1/2 hours.

In total it took me around 8-hours as I had a break 1/2 way and also failed a couple of times on Visions / Panic Attack / Painkiller

On the weekend I will be getting up early and going through all 84 songs again (on Medium) for the Bladder of Steel achievement.

Currently on 975/1000

For anyone who thinks rock band is better than guitar hero they are wrong. I was starting to think i liked rock band until i did the endless setlist. I was on the 33rd song and my guitar turned off cause low batteries so I retried. What a bad idea after the 17th song i accidently hit the guide button. The ES 1 and 2 are the worst ideas. I could go through the whole thing on expert then on medium to get the BoS but how much of a no life do you have to be to have 14 hours of spare time to do both. I would rather have to hit all notes perfect in one part of raining blood then play 84 songs and get the same amount of gamerscore. Harmonix should either take away the ES or just not have as many songs. Or what they actually should do is make you play a minimum of 180 before even unlocking it. This game is realy easy but could they have the most time consuming stipulations?

For anyone who thinks rock band is better than guitar hero they are wrong. I was starting to think i liked rock band until i did the endless setlist. I was on the 33rd song and my guitar turned off cause low batteries so I retried. What a bad idea after the 17th song i accidently hit the guide button.

You're blaming the entire Rock Band platform for not checking your battery level and for using your hand to press the Xbox Guide button? Fair.

The ES 1 and 2 are the worst ideas. I could go through the whole thing on expert then on medium to get the BoS but how much of a no life do you have to be to have 14 hours of spare time to do both.

Clearly you had set aside 6-7 hours each time you began the ES2, or else you wouldn't have started at all... so good attempt there. And it's one thing to not actually have the time, but you clearly do, to come on an achievement website and complain.

I would rather have to hit all notes perfect in one part of raining blood then play 84 songs and get the same amount of gamerscore. Harmonix should either take away the ES or just not have as many songs. Or what they actually should do is make you play a minimum of 180 before even unlocking it. This game is realy easy but could they have the most time consuming stipulations?

Completing the Endless Setlist and attaining the Bladder of Steel achievement are badges to show off that you are a good Rock Band player. If you can't do either of them, then don't blame the game.

84 songs is a lot, yes, but that's what makes it a challenge. In my mind, achievements should be a challenge - not something you can turn on your Xbox and instantly receive. If this is the type of gratification you demand, then try Avatar.

If you can't beat a challenge, don't bitch about it. Is that supposed to help? Instead, get better (or in your case, don't make stupid fucking mistakes and transfer the anger towards the innocent game) and practice until you can.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that it takes the completion of at least 200 songs to unlock the Endless Setlist in the first place, but I'm not seeing where you're coming with that complaint anyways.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that it takes the completion of at least 200 songs to unlock the Endless Setlist in the first place, but I'm not seeing where you're coming with that complaint anyways.

It takes a minimum of 180 songs. 900 stars / 5 stars per song = 180 songs. So he got the number but his complaint is still retarded since that is exactly what they make you do.

As for time consuming achievements, he's obviously never played Bejeweled, Lost Odyssey, Gears of War, Dead Or Alive 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc... ad nauseum that have LOOOOONG achievements in their list.

Oh, did some one say GH had better achivements? I'd say that Bling Bling beats Bladder of Steel for worst achievement in a music game.

But should we really expect greatness from someone who decides which game is better based on 1 Achievement?

Edited by TwistedFate

You can use Breakneck Speed for the ES, right? I'm 99.9% sure you can, but I can't seem to remember.

I'm FINALLY making my Bladder of Steel run later this week or next, and I was going to play on medium guitar, to insure I don't fail, so I don't want to be bored out of my mind.

I just finished it an hour ago on hard drums...and i was SO CLOSE to getting BoS..but I failed at the END of panic attack (at 99%...)

gunna try to go for BoS maybe next weekend...

and then do the whole thing again on expert bass...after i get BoS...(a few weeks later)

I'm nowhere near as good as most players on here, since I've only started playing Rock Band in the last few months, but I've just finished off the BoS on Medium Guitar.

Took me 6hrs 11mins total and I'd just like to dispel some of the myths that I've read on various sites...

1. There's no worries using a wireless guitar. Many people have said not to use wireless, cos your batteries will not last out. I put in a fresh set before I started and they still have about 75% life in them now.

2. Bathroom breaks. Dunno what the fuss is about here. I sat down with a cup of tea beside me at the start and didn't even consider getting up until I'd done. It's really not so hard to last 6 hours without breaks.

All I have to do now is continue practicing at Hard level until I feel confident enough and have the time to step up and do it again. I hope to be ready in a few weeks time. Expert/Platinum however may take me months, if not years to achieve.

I salute anyone that has managed to become a Platinum artist.

I salute anyone that has managed to become a Platinum artist.

*Feels good inside* Hehe, I have a Platinum Bladder too. :p

I'm glad to see there aren't many threads about this anymore, and pretty much all discussion happens in here. There aren't many questions being asked though, so I guess we've answered pretty much everything there is to answer. :)

Just got done doing this and god damn my wrist was hurting at the end. I almost thought I was going to fail at least one of the songs at the end cause of it, but I managed to truck on through. Would of gotten the bladder of steel achievement with it but had to pause to take a potty break. Glad i'm finally a platinum artist now.

Hardest song in this on guitar/bass is Chop Suey. Visions is easy compared to that.

I find Chop Suey ALOT easier than Visons. I only got the game a month ago but will Be going for Platinum Artist and BoS in one run on Expert Bass sometime this week. Just need to try visions a few times to make sure I can do it.

• 2 weeks later...