Anyone Else Get This

x JAME0

That game is a demonstration of how you can use a good gameplay mechanics and change it to something completely new and different !

Those who are only after the hysteria that was crash mode in previous burnout iterations will be disapointed , those who welcome change will find there a very polished game with a lot to do, lots of fun (Paging Doctor Beat !!!) and quite a challenge !

I was sceptical at first but had to buy the full game after a few tries, couldn't let go of it all evening and i intend to play it again as soon as i can launch the xbox !

You have to keep trying though because you can't win without a plan (and sometimes a bit of luck) and knowing the game basis and 'rules' are important if you want to meet the goals of every stages.

With 16 intersections and 3 game modes, you have hours of crashbreaking ahead of you if you want to get all those stars and for 800 pts that's a bargain IMO.

I am a big Burnout fan, loved Paradise and 3:Takedown most. But I am on the fence about this one, played the demo ages yesterday, but the achievements look insanely hard, at first they didnt but seeing how much I sucked in game I think this is gonna be a hard 100%, I dunno, the audio and graphics are spot on, but it feels like its missing something, and I need some time to see if I care or not about that something! and what it is!

You have to come up with a strategy for each levels and the goals you want to attain, i'm afraid you don't have enough material in the demo to figure this out ... the 3 modes are really different and need different approach to the gameplay, also the different vehicules you will unlock range from great aftertouch with low crash breaker power to the opposite and you can't achieve 5 stars in one session, you'll have to redo each levels until you find the correct balance and the good way of managing the cars flow.

The game is deeper than it seems and has very little to do with previous crash modes in past burnout games ... its a new experience alltogether.

Regarding the achievements ..the 270 stars one will be the longest , nothing seems impossible to achieve but i think you have to aim for one then choose the right place to achieve it ... not many will pop up by 'accident' :)

How can a company like Criterion games seriously make such a crap game? Its more like a Commodore 64 (if you've never heard of it ask your Dad) game than an Xbox 360 game.

I downloaded the trial, played it for a couple of minutes and decided Criterion have lost the plot, and then deleted it.

The next Burnout game should have been something better than Paradise not something worse than an 80's game.

It's an awesome game.

Better than most of the Summer of Arcade rubbish, and that was 1200MSP a piece!!

Love the music, the minute I heard Crash at the loading screen, I knew this game would be good.

I love the random old school songs that play when certain things happen in game.

Its very addictive, and the leaderboards mean me and my mates will be trying to out do eachother for ages.

Later on the junctions are so challenging, and the extra vehicles make the game more fun.

For 800MSP, its a deep and fun game.

How can a company like Criterion games seriously make such a crap game? Its more like a Commodore 64 (if you've never heard of it ask your Dad) game than an Xbox 360 game.

I downloaded the trial, played it for a couple of minutes and decided Criterion have lost the plot, and then deleted it.

The next Burnout game should have been something better than Paradise not something worse than an 80's game.

You cant compare this game to Paradise. Paradise is a full RETAIL game that had a huge budget.

This is a ARCADE game made with a much much much smaller budget.

That's like comparing a Dodge Viper and a Dodge Neon and being pissed that the Neon isn't as fast and the Viper.

Besides, after looking at your games played list and seeing some of the arcade games you have bought, its pretty clear you aren't to sure on whats a good arcade game and what's not.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot understand why this game has had mixed reviews. Its an absolutely brilliant game. I loved the crash parts of the original Burnout games and this arcade version is just as fun. Bought it Thursday and have been playing it non stop and have not played anything else since even though I got about 3 other new retail games waiting to be played.

• 8 months later...
Cannot understand why this game has had mixed reviews. Its an absolutely brilliant game. I loved the crash parts of the original Burnout games and this arcade version is just as fun. Bought it Thursday and have been playing it non stop and have not played anything else since even though I got about 3 other new retail games waiting to be played.

Absolutely! This game is so much fun. The intersection crashes were some of my favorite parts of Burnout: Revenge. I was sad when they went away, in Paradise. When I found out there was an XBLA game, just dealing with intersection crashes, I was sold.

• 11 months later...

I just picked it up. For the money (now that it is on sale 320 points), it is a good deal. It doesn't keep my attention like the classic Burnout Crash games, but is still fun. It reminds me a little bit of the original Grand Theft Auto with the birdseye view.

- Jake

Gamertag: Heyyyy Brother