GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: As I also said to BiggD, I will remove it if he wants to.

As I said in your SS thread:

... even if you did get permission for the other content you put into your guide (Kifflom), that still doesn't excuse the matter of not crediting him it. Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious.
So it's not a matter of whether or not you've received permission to use content, it's the fact that in some parts of your guide you fail to give credit entirely. There was absolutely nothing in your Kifflom achievement guide that indicates that someone else wrote it (other than it obviously being written by a completely different person). Edited by Hishoa
changed "is" to "was"

As I said in your SS thread:

So it's not a matter of whether or not you've received permission to use content, it's the fact that in some parts of your guide you fail to give credit entirely. There is/was absolutely nothing in your Kifflom achievement guide that indicates that someone else wrote it (other than it obviously being written by a completely different person).

The only part I copied without credit was the Kifflom! achivement, Which I deleted, The 100% part already had credit right at the top.

The only part I copied without credit was the Kifflom! achivement, Which I deleted, The 100% part already had credit right at the top.

Which explains my earlier comment "Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious." I noticed just now you edited the OP and corrected my earlier statement in this thread.

Which explains my earlier comment "Crediting him in only one spoiler drop-down menu and not in another is highly suspicious." I noticed just now you edited the OP and corrected my earlier statement in this thread.

Look, I forgot to edit it after because the thread became dead, And now it's gone, Is there anything else I can help you with or are we just going to go round in circles.

Look, I forgot to edit it after because the thread became dead, And now it's gone, Is there anything else I can help you with or are we just going to go round in circles.

I say you just keep the Career Criminal stuff as that information can be found far and wide across the internet. Get rid of all the other stuff from this site, and cut your loses.

I say you just keep the Career Criminal stuff as that information can be found far and wide across the internet. Get rid of all the other stuff from this site, and cut your loses.

I already removed everything but career criminal, And the whole time that was there right at the top it had a big thing linking to this thread for credit.

Pretty much this.

When I gave consent, I was under the impression it was only GENERAL information (perhaps I am confusing the specifics of Career Criminal as I had over 5 different people ask me about using that checklist - which I also gave consent because that's GENERAL information). I do not appreciate the straight copy/paste work you had done for Kifflom!, especially when the entire work you posted was mine and not even my name or this site was credited.

For the future, I will try to be more organized when knowing what and who I give consent to, but I think it's best you REALLY reword some of your achievement descriptions (notably Kifflom!) because that's plagiarism and I'm genuinely kinda offended by it.

EDIT: It seems you have said you've taken that info out. So I appreciate that. And I am sorry for all this misunderstanding and the fact that about 4 of us got on your back. Just trying to avoid plagiarism is all.

Pretty much this.

When I gave consent, I was under the impression it was only GENERAL information (perhaps I am confusing the specifics of Career Criminal as I had over 5 different people ask me about using that checklist - which I also gave consent because that's GENERAL information). I do not appreciate the straight copy/paste work you had done for Kifflom!, especially when the entire work you posted was mine and not even my name or this site was credited.

For the future, I will try to be more organized when knowing what and who I give consent to, but I think it's best you REALLY reword some of your achievement descriptions (notably Kifflom!) because that's plagiarism and I'm genuinely kinda offended by it.

EDIT: It seems you have said you've taken that info out. So I appreciate that. And I am sorry for all this misunderstanding and the fact that about 4 of us got on your back. Just trying to avoid plagiarism is all.

Yeah, I added it for that guy so he could get the Achievement, And the thread went dead, So I never ended up changing it because I didn't think it would ever be seen again.

Sorry about this.

Yeah, I added it for that guy so he could get the Achievement, And the thread went dead, So I never ended up changing it because I didn't think it would ever be seen again.

Sorry about this.

It's alright. Just next time, whether or not it's just for a quick usage, make sure you don't copy word for word. And to clear things up...if you ask someone for information from their guide, be sure to ask for specific details. This would be better so that if you are given consent, it's for specific things that the author is aware of, rather then the person asking for permission just using a majority or significant portion of their information. Anyways, I got to get to bed, but sorry that you were put on the spot like this. Just be careful how you go about making your own guides when plagiarism can be - and is - a very serious matter.

It's alright. Just next time, whether or not it's just for a quick usage, make sure you don't copy word for word. And to clear things up...if you ask someone for information from their guide, be sure to ask for specific details. This would be better so that if you are given consent, it's for specific things that the author is aware of, rather then the person asking for permission just using a majority or significant portion of their information. Anyways, I got to get to bed, but sorry that you were put on the spot like this. Just be careful how you go about making your own guides when plagiarism can be - and is - a very serious matter.

Thanks, And I will do in the future.

What's the hardest/most annoying achievement you all have experienced so far?

For me, it has to be the stunt jumps. I'd say the knife flights, but 1/3 of those were real easy and there were only 15 total. The stunt jumps were incredibly touchy and very fucking aggravating.

At first, i would have said the Knife Flights, but I am a pretty good pilot. The Stunt Jumps were complete balls, and very broken. There were times that I hit the jumps perfectly and didn't receive credit for them. None of them were really "tough", but you'd find yourself going top speed and your car would just flip over randomly, or you would land ever so slightly out of the area and fail the jump.

I also found them really boring as well, so they were a bit of a hassle to get through.

Thanks for the guide I had not looked at the whole thing yet because I was only interested in the multi-disciplined guide.

I just want to point out that I did not do the street race, (I did do the "shift work" mission but only got a sliver medal, I did win the race)

So I'm not entirely sure if the street races are needed for the achievement.

Group hug?

Never.

Thanks for the guide I had not looked at the whole thing yet because I was only interested in the multi-disciplined guide.

I just want to point out that I did not do the street race, (I did do the "shift work" mission but only got a sliver medal, I did win the race)

So I'm not entirely sure if the street races are needed for the achievement.

They are, but getting first place in "Shift Work" counts towards the achievement.

I feel terrible for anyone who has Kifflom glitched to any extent. Aside from the grinding or tiresome goals, it wasn't too bad for me.

Same. The only one I needed to look up was the 10 days in the robe. Wasn't sure if you should switch characters. The desert part wasn't even that bad. It's literally 20 minutes of running if you do it straight.

I just wish I knew what to do at the end of the mission lol. Could've used that 2.1m

I feel terrible for anyone who has Kifflom glitched to any extent. Aside from the grinding or tiresome goals, it wasn't too bad for me.

Yeah, the achievement isn't as long as it appears in text, and I'm not sure if it's actually glitched, or if people aren't waiting long enough for the next mission to appear.

Yeah, the achievement isn't as long as it appears in text, and I'm not sure if it's actually glitched, or if people aren't waiting long enough for the next mission to appear.

It could be the latter. I just took them as they came and didn't focus on sitting down and only doing the achievement.

As for the ending of it, thankfully I checked it out before the mission ended, though it wasn't simply "the easiest option is to drive away and get the money," because I got rocked the first time I did it by all the enemies and gunfire. Still worth the $2.1 million.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap