Smartglass?

BluWolve

I have no idea how to make this Karaoke app work, can someone please explain what needs to be done to be able to add a song to the queue via smartglass?

EDIT: Could it possibly be because I am in Australia, and the game isn't out yet here? The app is not available yet on the Aus dashboard but the Karaoke smartglass app is there when I start the game. No matter what I do in the app nothing seems to work though..

Edited by BluWolve

I have updated the Achievement guide with a screenshot of how the smartglass app looks in game. I will also link it here for anyone looking for more info.

http://i.imgur.com/dB8Wz.png

If it doesn't look like that in the app, then you probably can't get it yet.

There is no text in my version of it, even if I go to the help section. Otherwise it all looks the same.

The Play next song in que only comes up if there is another song in your que. I assume you made sure you had a song in your que?

Yes I tried pretty much everything. I added the same 5 free songs 4 times each so i could just get the 20 songs in one session achievement.

I am using Smartglass right now on a Windows Phone 7 and I don't understand how to select a song through it. The only thing I see is an overview of the game, friend activity, achievements, images, and related games. Am I looking in the wrong place for this?

I've tried this on a iPad / iPhone 4 / iPhone 5 / WP7.5 / WP8... And all I get is the stuff like the guy who posted before me... Overview / Friend Activity / Achievements... Under the SmartGlass section it just says Not Available [My account + I live in the US]...

Ok it is working for me here in Australia now, since the game is actually released here. For those having trouble selecting a song, look for the little symbol in the top right hand corner (looks a little like an eye) and touch that. That is where you go to browse and search songs etc.

To actually get into the app, you have to start smartglass and slide across through the menus until you find the Karaoke remote. I think if you start smartglass whilst karaoke is on your xbox it automatically takes you to the karaoke remote, but I could be wrong.

Edited by BluWolve

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't able to get the achievement on my wp7 but on my surface tablet (win 8) I had what seems to be a better version of smart glass and way more options. Got the achievement right away on the tablet. Maybe needs win 8???

It doesn't require Windows 8. I tried it again with my Windows Phone 7 and it worked that time. I'm not sure why it showed up totally different the first time but I'm glad I have the achievement now!

It doesn't require Windows 8. I tried it again with my Windows Phone 7 and it worked that time. I'm not sure why it showed up totally different the first time but I'm glad I have the achievement now!

I've tried with lots of devices (iPhone, iPad, WP7.5, WP8) and I couldn't get the achievement because it seems I was only able to get into the Karaoke game page / info screens and the Karaoke Remote wasn't launching or being detected (see picture of it in a previous post). I then tried on my Windows 8 PC and it worked fine... Not sure what the difference is but I got the achievement in the end and that's what counts...

I've tried with lots of devices (iPhone, iPad, WP7.5, WP8) and I couldn't get the achievement because it seems I was only able to get into the Karaoke game page / info screens and the Karaoke Remote wasn't launching or being detected (see picture of it in a previous post). I then tried on my Windows 8 PC and it worked fine... Not sure what the difference is but I got the achievement in the end and that's what counts...

Hm... try updating Smartglass. I did that on my phone and got it to stop showing the info and the Karaoke Remote showed up after the update.

So since you can use smart glass with this, do you still need kinect to play it? Can I play the whole game from my smart glass app?

You do not need a Kinect to play this game; it is only necessary for the Kinect-related achievements.

How do we poor people without iOS devices get this?

Anyone know if you can get it on BlueStacks?

You do not need an iOS for this, only a smartphone that lets you use Smartglass.

• 3 weeks later...