Achievement Bugs

Novus games

I've completed the game fully; I've completed each level on Nightmare difficulty, collected every coffer and purified every Blood Crucifix and soul target. Each level summary icon indicates this.

However, I have not received the Cursed Crusader achievement and I don't understand why.

The only level that the game shows is incomplete is In Front of the Imperial Palace, as the soul target icon is still grey. However, when I load the level, no soul target appears and I can't find any.

I also have not received the Deflection Master achievement either, which I should have well before now.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have received every single achievement apart from those two.

My apologies, it's the Cursed Templar achievement that I'm yet to receive.

Has no one else completed the game on Nightmare difficulty yet?

I didn't have any of the level issues that others have reported on here, as I installed the game onto my Xbox 360 hard drive---I always do. Although I did experience several irritating level breaking bugs, such as becoming stuck in the crossbow stance animation in The Golden Gate.

As for the Deflection Master achievement, I've come to the realisation that I'll have to start a new file to receive it but I obviously don't want to wipe my file before receiving the Cursed Templar achievement if I can.

I've now recieved all of the achievements.

I played through the entire game from start to finish on Nightmare difficult two more times to try and received the Cursed Templar achievement. I then got halfway through a third playthrough, lost my patience, tried to play the end credits again and I then randomly recieved the achievement. Utterly bizzarre.

Then, as I expected, I simply started a new game and recieved the Deflection Master achievement on the first playable level.

It's clearly evident that this game has a lot of very serious bugs---I'd even go far as to say that it's the most bug ridden game that I've ever played, this generation or otherwise. In my professional opinion as a game designer, there is no excuse for the severe level of game breaking bugs that are present and they should have been stamped out very early on by the QA team.

I'm also surprised and dissapointed that after an entire week there still has not been a patch released to resolve these issues.

It's such a shame as I absolutely loved the game and would buy a sequel in a heartbeat---of which I hope there is one as the ending was extremely abrupt!

Edited by Novus games

I agree. it is ridiculously buggy with random freezes and strange clipping (when you fire the croosbow and its as if there is a wall in front of you) and AI problems (enemies running into walls and trees) aswell but I did find it enjoyable none-the-less. I was plagued with the Chapter 4:2 loading screen freeze issue until I got lucky with a co-op game and since then on my subsequent Nightmare playthrough it has loaded without issue on Solo aswell.

Sadly I don't think there will ever be a patch though Novus. Despite websites like Destructoid making noise about it a few months ago and people jumping on the Jim Stirling bandwagon and saying they were gonna buy it, it seems to have disappeared off the radar and I doubt it did well enough at sales to warrant the development of a patch; however much it may need one.

• 3 months later...

I recently completed the game on nightmare and the achievement didn’t pop so I reloaded the last level/movie and it still didn't pop. I then did it a third time and tried not skipping the cut scenes at the end before the credits and the achievement popped. So as far as I can tell the problem is that you cannot skip the ending cut scenes before the credits roll.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...