Building Materials?

porkchop547

Where can you locate Quarried Stone?

Pro Tipp:

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/6ejfcdkd/thumb/20120904194956.jpg

Building Materials:

with every plot of land you buy, you get a cheast with: 30x Clay, 30x Quarried Stone, 6x Iron Ingot and one Corundum Ingot

Carpenter’s Workbench:

- Sawn log -> can be bought in a lumber mill or your housekeeper

- Clay -> clay vein near your hosuse or your housekeeper

- Quarried Stone -> can be mined near your house or your housekeeper

- Straw -> can be bought in generals stores in cities (eg Gray Pine Goods in Falkreath or Pawned Prawn in Riften

- Iron Ingot -> bought from Blacksmith

- Iron Fittings -> can be build with the Anvil

- Nails -> can be build with the Anvil

- Lock -> can be build with the Anvil

- Hinage -> can be build with the Anvil

Workbench:

- Leater Strips -> can be created outside your house or bought from a blacksmith -> leather

- Glass -> can be bought in generals stores in cities (eg Gray Pine Goods in Falkreath or Pawned Prawn in Riften)

- Goat Horns -> can be bought in generals stores in cities (eg Gray Pine Goods in Falkreath or Pawned Prawn in Riften)

Anvil:

- Nails -> Iron Ingot -> bought from Blacksmith

- Lock -> Iron Ingot, Corundum Ingot -> bought from Blacksmith

- Iron Fittings -> Iron Ingot -> bought from Blacksmith

- Hinage (2) -> Iron Ingot -> bought from Blacksmith

more infos: http://wiiare.in/11065-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-hearthfire-dlc/

Edited by lordfiSh

Skyrim Hearthfire Building Material Locations

Note. Don’t forget to retrieve 30 Clay, 1 Corundum Ingot, 6 Iron Ingot, and 30 Quarried Stone from a chest in the your newly bought properties.

Clay

Location. For the startup, you will get 30 clay that can be found in the chest placed just beside the Drafting table. You can harvest more from the Clay veins found on your land. Explore the area near the logs.

Glass

Location. You can contact some vendors to purchase glass. Vendors in Dawnguard Sanctuary is one good place to buy this material.

Corundum Ingot

Location. You will find some in the starting chest, and if you want more, you can smelt it from the corundum ore or contact some Blacksmith and purchase it directly.

Hinges and Iron Fittings

Location. You can create them at any anvil.

Horns

Location. Vendors dealing in General goods can supply the horns, e.g. the one in Riverwood named Lucas.

Lock and Nails

Location. These are the anvil crafts like hinges and fittings.

Iron Ingot

Location. You will get some from the starting chest. If you want more, you can either smelt it from Iron ore or you can contact the blacksmith or the vendors dealing in general goods.

Quarried Stones

Location. Apart from the initial supply, you can look for this material around the rocks in front of your land.

Swan Logs

Location. To get the wooden pieces, you should contact people working or dealing in the lumber mills. For example, Hert, in the Half-Moon Mill north of Falkreath is one place you can visit.

Straw

Location. Not a hard material to find as you can buy it easily from the general traders at various places.

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2012/09/04/skyrim-hearthfire-house-building-materials-locations-guide/#ixzz25XjOafdP

Riverwood has a blacksmith just on the river where you can get iron ingots, and directly opposite on the same stretch of water is the lumber mill run by Hod. You can actually use the sawmill yourself but I couldn't find any way to take the resulting logs. Anyway, wait for Hod to show up so you can buy some, for me this was around 1:30pm-2:00pm rather than early morning like the majority of Skyrim's traders.

Riverwood has a blacksmith just on the river where you can get iron ingots, and directly opposite on the same stretch of water is the lumber mill run by Hod. You can actually use the sawmill yourself but I couldn't find any way to take the resulting logs. Anyway, wait for Hod to show up so you can buy some, for me this was around 1:30pm-2:00pm rather than early morning like the majority of Skyrim's traders.

I haven't tried it to be sure, but if you cut your own they should go straight to your place. I talked to the lady that runs one mill and she said I could cut my own, and she'd have them delivered to my house for free.