Achievement Guide and Roadmap w/DLCs

The Stray

spacer.png

Achievement Guide/Roadmap

Copyright:

This guide is written for the sole use of XBA; if you wish to use this information please ask first.

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

Offline/Online: 460/40 (36 Off/4 On)

Approximate amount of time to 500: 10 hours or more

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Up to 3 or more.

Number of missable achievements: None

Glitched achievements: None

Do cheat codes disable achievements? No (There are none)

Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes, starting the game in Nightmare difficulty.

Backwards Compatible on Xbox One? Yes!

Intro: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is a spin-off to the retail/disk fighter of the same game, in this hybrid beat-em-up (similar to Scott Pilgrim and Guardian Heroes), you are on a rescue mission to free Waka’s sister Nagi from Phantom, but in order to do that, you’ll have to beat down anyone in your way to go and save her.

Controls::ls:/D-Pad-Movement, :xbut:-Weak Atk, :ybut:-Med. Atk, :bbut:-Strong Atk, :abut:-Special Atk., :lbbut:-Line Move, :ltbut:-Special Move, :rbbut:-Out Range, :rtbut:-OverDrive/Emergency

More Control/System info: http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/system.html

Conclusion: Those into the beat-em-up genre will feel right at home, since this game can add replay value with up to 4-Player Offline and Online matches.

Title Update Notes (1.02): http://blog.5pb.jp/gdiv2/2013/04/05/ (click on arrow link.)

----------------------------------------------------

Part 1: Start Up and Story Mode Achievements

In Story Mode, You are on a rescue mission to save Nagi, Waka’s sister from the evil Phantom; it’s up to you to rescue her. Note: Story Mode achievements can be unlocked in co-op as well.

04CLiGJhbC9BDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzQ1AAAAAOfn5-xS7-A=.jpgA New Battle - 5:gsicon:

Start the Game

1st achievement you’ll unlock when you start the game for the 1st time.

0YCLiGJhbC9CDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzQ2AAAAAOfn5-5z5kU=.jpgWho’s your type? - 10:gsicon:

Use every starting character

Simply select Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki, and Yuzuha at least once. Exit out after selecting them once, play the tutorial stage with any character and beat the level, and the achievement unlocks right after.

0ICLiGJhbC9DDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzQ3AAAAAOfn5-+THtY=.jpgI think I got it! - 10:gsicon:

Read all the "How To Play"

Simply go into Options and scroll through all 26 pages of how to play, by pressing :dright: quickly.

1YCLiGJhbC8WDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzViAAAAAOfn5-rVXRA=.jpgTravel to Another World - 10:gsicon:

Clear the Akihabara stage

Clear the Tutorial stage.

1ICLiGJhbC8XDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzVjAAAAAOfn5-s1pYM=.jpgThe Starting Place - 10:gsicon:

Clear the College of Music stage

Clear the 1st stage.

0YCLiGJhbC8QDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzVkAAAAAOfn5-6XTno=.jpgStrange Things - 10:gsicon:

Clear the Odaiba stage

Clear the 2nd stage.

0ICLiGJhbC8RDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzVlAAAAAOfn5-93tuk=.jpgCocoa’s Dream - 15:gsicon:

Clear the Ikebukuro stage

Clear the 3rd stage.

0oCLiGJhbC8SDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzVmAAAAAOfn5-1Wv1w=.jpgInto the Country of Darkness - 15:gsicon:

Clear the Shinjuku stage

Clear the 4th stage.

0YCLiGJhbC9EDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzYwAAAAAOfn5-6sPMQ=.jpgThe Sealed Shrine - 20:gsicon:

Clear the Kumon Shrine stage

Clear the 5th stage.

0ICLiGJhbC9FDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzYxAAAAAOfn5-9MxFc=.jpgThe Phantom World - 20:gsicon:

Clear the Demonsphere stage

Clear the 6th stage.

0oCLiGJhbC9GDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzYyAAAAAOfn5-1tzeI=.jpgEscape from the Demonsphere - 20:gsicon:

Clear the Escape stage

Clear the 7th and final stage.

1oCLiGJhbC9DDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU3AAAAAOfn5-kc55Q=.jpgAn Unexpected Train Ride - 15:gsicon:

Find the Monster Egg bonus stage

The Monster Egg bonus stage appears as long as you defeat Cocoa quickly before the trains depart in stage 2.

http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/img/system/st23.jpg

14CLiGJhbC8VDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzVhAAAAAOfn5-j0VKU=.jpgA Perfect Train Ride - 15:gsicon:

Get a perfect score on the Monster Egg bonus stage

Simply break all of the eggs in each train cart within a 30 second time limit for each. Once you break them all, this will unlock.

http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/img/system/st82.jpg

1ICLiGJhbC9NDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU5AAAAAOfn5-vbCwk=.jpgA Perfect Fall - 15:gsicon:

Get a perfect score on the Shinjuku Building bonus stage

After you defeat both M and Cocoa on the rooftops in stage 4, you'll be falling down in which you'll have to collect all of the coins and gems, this is kinda tough the first couple of times since you might miss a couple of items, but its the same set pattern. Press :dup: once, then move either :dleft:/:dright:, and :start:/Pause when necessary to collect all of the bonus items. This is best done solo.

http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/img/system/st93.jpg

1YCLiGJhbC9MDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU4AAAAAOfn5-o785o=.jpgStop it at the Source! - 15:gsicon:

Destroy the mysterious keystone

The mysterious keystone appears in stage 6/7, this'll come naturally, just destroy it.

http://5pb.jp/games/pbbg/en/img/system/st63.jpg

Part 2: Character Leveling Achievements

Part of your experience in PB:BG will be leveling up your character(s) so they can be stronger to take down any opposition, even bosses for that matter. That and special skills along the way as well.

04CLiGJhbC9MDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzQ4AAAAAOfn5-y0Ctg=.jpgDing - 5:gsicon:

Level up a character

This will come Naturally. Pick up "Red Gems" to earn XP to level up.

0oCLiGJhbC9NDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzQ5AAAAAOfn5-1U8ks=.jpgLevel 25 - 20:gsicon:

Get any character's level to 25

Simply level up to 25, this too will come naturally.

0YCLiGJhbC8VDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRhAAAAAOfn5-57rec=.jpgMaximum Level - 35:gsicon:

Get any character's level to 50

Simply level up to 50, this too will also come naturally.

04CLiGJhbC8WDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRiAAAAAOfn5-xapFI=.jpgRestoring Powers Lost - 5:gsicon:

Unlock a new skill with any character

Once you complete the tutorial stage, use your skill points to unlock a skill.

0oCLiGJhbC8XDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRjAAAAAOfn5-26XME=.jpgPerfectionism - 30:gsicon:

Unlock every skill for one character

This will take a while, as you might need to level up at Lv.50 (or higher) in order to use a lot of skill points to unlock all the skills for one character. (Atk/Def/Spd don’t count), you can remove stats and transfer them to skills.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125d/1033/screenlg7.jpg

1ICLiGJhbC8SDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRmAAAAAOfn5-vZRh4=.jpgDodged - 5:gsicon:

Use slip shift to dodge an enemy attack

Tap :dright: the moment an enemy attacks you to evade attacks.

04CLiGJhbC9EDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzUwAAAAAOfn5-y+DG0=.jpgConnected - 5:gsicon:

Execute a strong special move by canceling a special move

This can be done easily on the tutorial stage, an example, play as Mikoto, use her projectile :dright:+:abut: special and then :dright:+:ltbut: after, you must have a full gauge to do this. If you miss it, you will need to upgrade your skills EX/SP Attack first before doing so.

0oCLiGJhbC9FDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzUxAAAAAOfn5-1e9P4=.jpgRapid Fire - 5:gsicon:

While playing as Yuzuha, repeatedly press the SP button during a jump

While jumping as Yuzuha, tap the :abut: button. Note: In co-op, if someone is playing as Yuzuha, and if this action is performed, the achievement is also unlocked to other players.

0ICLiGJhbC9GDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzUyAAAAAOfn5-9--Us=.jpgMarvelous - 5:gsicon:

Land a 100-hit or more combo

This will come naturally, with a full gauge and lots of enemies, press the :rbbut: button. You can keep attacking if you don't get 100 hits right away.

0YCLiGJhbC9HDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzUzAAAAAOfn5-6fBdg=.jpgDon’t Be Picky - 5:gsicon:

Restore health by eating food you don't like

This will end up happening naturally when you pick up food items in stuff like trash bins and demon eggs once you destroy them.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 3: Online and Clean-Up Achievements

The following part/step has up to 2 online (boostable) achievements (2 more with DLC), and a couple of miscellaneous achievements that can be earned at any time during the game.

14CLiGJhbC8QDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRkAAAAAOfn5-gYtzg=.jpgAs a Phantom Breaker - 10:gsicon:

Clear any stage in online co-op play

Easily boostable with up to 3 other players, head to the Ach. Trading Thread to ask others to boost this achievement, and simply complete any stage (and any difficulty) to unlock this.

1oCLiGJhbC8RDhoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzRlAAAAAOfn5-n4T6s=.jpgLike a Scavenger - 10:gsicon:

Play until the very end of an online Battleground match

Easily boostable with up to 3 other players, head to the Ach. Trading Thread to ask others to boost this achievement, and simply beat up other players to earn this, winning/losing does not matter.

1YCLiGJhbC9BDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU1AAAAAOfn5-rdFrI=.jpgMe Too, Me Too! - 5:gsicon:

Unlock a hidden character

Simply complete either Story/Co-Op on Easy or Normal to unlock characters such as M, Cocoa, Infinity and Nagi.

14CLiGJhbC9CDxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU2AAAAAOfn5-j8Hwc=.jpgThat’s Everyone! - 20:gsicon:

Unlock all hidden characters

Complete the game on Hard to unlock everyone, which includes White Mikoto and L.

1ICLiGJhbC9ADxoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzU0AAAAAOfn5-s97iE=.jpgInto the Nightmare - 30:gsicon:

Start a game on Nightmare difficulty

You must complete Story/Co-Op on Hard in order to unlock the Nightmare difficulty, once you do, simply play the game on said difficulty and it unlocks once you start the game.

Edited by The Stray

spacer.png

Part 4: DLC - Makise Kurisu

Contains 8 new achievements for a total of 100:gsicon: for a grand total of 500:gsicon:.

Note: Kurisu can only be played in any other mode except Story.

04CLiGJhbC9HDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzYzAAAAAOfn5-yNNXE=.jpgGet ready! Kurisu is here. - 5:gsicon:

Thank you for your purchase.

Unlocks when you buy the Kurisu DLC.

1oCLiGJhbC9ADBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY0AAAAAOfn5-kv3og=.jpgLevel up with Kurisu - 5:gsicon:

Level up with Kurisu

Self-Explanatory, pick up "Red Gems" to level up Kurisu.

14CLiGJhbC9BDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY1AAAAAOfn5-jPJhs=.jpgLevel 25 with Kurisu - 10:gsicon:

Get Kurisu's level to 25

Self-Explanatory

1YCLiGJhbC9CDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY2AAAAAOfn5-ruL64=.jpgClear a stage with Kurisu - 10:gsicon:

Clear any stage with Kurisu

Self-Explanatory, easily complete the Tutorial Stage with Kurisu.

1ICLiGJhbC9DDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY3AAAAAOfn5-sO1z0=.jpgClear the game with Kurisu - 20:gsicon:

Clear all the stages playing as Kurisu

Self-Explanatory, Best done on Easy.

14CLiGJhbC9MDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY4AAAAAOfn5-gpwzM=.jpgKurisu and Phantom Breaker - 10:gsicon:

Clear any stage in online co-op play while playing as Kurisu

Self-Explanatory, complete the Tutorial Stage in co-op on Easy Diff. with up to 3 other players. Head to the Achievement Trading thread to boost.

1oCLiGJhbC9NDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzY5AAAAAOfn5-nJO6A=.jpgKurisu and the Scavenger - 10:gsicon:

Play until the very end of an online Battleground match as Kurisu

Self-Explanatory, Winning/Losing doesn't matter, with up to 3 other players. Head to the Achievement Trading thread to boost.

1YCLiGJhbC8VDBoIG1lSUzVkL2FjaC8wLzZhAAAAAOfn5-rmZAw=.jpgWhat is this power? - 30:gsicon:

Raise any character's level to the maximum level

Reach Level 99 with any character, the easier way to grind this out is to play either Stage 6/7 in Nightmare Difficulty.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

spacer.png

Part 5: DLC - Frau Kojiro

Contains 8 new achievements for a total of 500:gsicon: for a grand total of 1000:gsicon:.

Note: Updating on Update 1.03 may cause some issues with your character levels lowered (example, Lv.99 -> Lv.82) and the game's text language defaulting to "DE". Note that if you already unlocked all achievements prior to earning the Frau DLC, then no problems are needed to fix. You'll have to re-level your previous characters and change the in-game language to "EN" in options.

Get serious when Frau comes - 10:gsicon:

Thank you for your purchase.

Unlocks when you buy the Frau DLC.

Level Up as Frau - 15:gsicon:

Level Up as Frau

Simply either clear a stage or lose all life with a certain amount of red gems and this will unlock after gaining a single level up or more.

Get to Level 10 as Frau - 25:gsicon:

Frau has reached Level 10

See: Get to Level 50 as Frau

Get to Level 25 as Frau - 50:gsicon:

Frau has reached Level 25

See: Get to Level 50 as Frau

Get to Level 50 as Frau - 100:gsicon:

Frau has reached Level 50

To get to the specific level ups for Frau, you must collect red gems from fallen enemies, each level up makes your character stronger and can add skills and strengths. If you're up to the challenge, play Stage 7 in Nightmare difficulty and spam down+A from Lv.0, though I suggest having other players online help you out online if their characters are leveled up higher to take out the strong enemies, which that'll grant lots of Red Gems to level up Frau faster.

Frau and Phantom Breaker -100:gsicon:

Play online co-op play with Frau

Either find random players or ask friends from your Friends List online and have up to 4 players as Frau to unlock this. (Apparently, the old way of just clearing a stage with another player in online co-op doesn't work for this achievement.)

Clear the Stage with Frau - 50:gsicon:

Clear any stage with Frau

You can do this either in Single player or in offline/online Co-Op, simply clear stage 0 on Easy Difficulty. This will also unlock Frau and Phantom Breaker in conjunction.

Clear the game with Frau - 100:gsicon:

Clear all stage with Frau

Like with the Kurisu DLC character, you must clear the game with Frau entirely from Stage 0 to Stage 7, can be done fast on Easy difficulty and can be done quicker in online/offline co-op with maxed leveled characters.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

For the perfect fall cheevo, is there a way to restart the stage if you fail instead of repeating the mission?

Nope, you gotta re-do the Shinjuku stage again, depending on how leveled up your character is, it should take no more than 7-10min getting from point A to B.

Kinda dull there's no restart option, but that only happnes once you continue from the last scene in that stage when your life is out.

For the perfect fall cheevo, is there a way to restart the stage if you fail instead of repeating the mission?

I truly wish there was. It's the only thing stopping me from my 400g and I just can't be arsed trying any more.

EDIT :- Finally got it. The trouble area is sweeping left then immediately center to grab the red gems. I swear it's buggy though as the run I got the achievement, I will swear I missed the last coins before the gems. However, I did a run earlier where I was certain I got them all and it didn't pop. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually.

Edited by ponypo2001

"Execute a strong special move by canceling a special move

This can be done easily on the tutorial, an example, play as Mikoto, use her projectile :dright:+:abut: special and then :dright:+:ltbut: after, you must have a full gauge to do this."

I tried this and it's not working, I know you have to have at least "SP Attack 1" but is there any other requirements. Also I'm using at arcade stick, does that matter?

Edit: Got it. I had equppied "EX Attack" and it worked. Might want to put the requirements in the description for noobs like me. :p

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

"Execute a strong special move by canceling a special move

This can be done easily on the tutorial, an example, play as Mikoto, use her projectile :dright:+:abut: special and then :dright:+:ltbut: after, you must have a full gauge to do this."

I tried this and it's not working, I know you have to have at least "special ability 1" but is there any other requirements. Also I'm using at arcade stick, does that matter?

Probably not, but when I did it, it worked for me, but yes, it can be easily done in the tutorial stage, but miss it on the other stages and you do need to use skill points to pull it off.

So I dunno if it has something to do with an arcade stick. :/

I didn't buy this yet, but can someone tell me, after you unlock hidden characters, are they usable in Single Player or no? Just the co-op/versus modes?

And what are White Mikoto and L (I assume alternate versions of Mikoto and M)?

Gonna get this anyway, but knowing these will make it happen sooner rather than later (since 10 characters is a lot).

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer.

So you can play them in Arcade Mode, but not Story Mode. Arcade Mode is essentially Story Mode, without the story, right? That's close enough.

Edited by MoldyClay87

I truly wish there was. It's the only thing stopping me from my 400g and I just can't be arsed trying any more.

EDIT :- Finally got it. The trouble area is sweeping left then immediately center to grab the red gems. I swear it's buggy though as the run I got the achievement, I will swear I missed the last coins before the gems. However, I did a run earlier where I was certain I got them all and it didn't pop. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually.

the perfect fall isn't that hard, I was trying it 3 times and i got it. I didnt see myself getting all the $$ on the way down and still got it. so I guess u just have to get at least 1 of the 3 $ in each of the horozontal line to get this cheevo.

What happens when you DO try to do the "Perfect Fall" Co-Op? Is there two rows of coins/gems. And if there is only one row does it count for both people? That would suck if one player getting a single coin negats the other player.

What happens when you DO try to do the "Perfect Fall" Co-Op? Is there two rows of coins/gems. And if there is only one row does it count for both people? That would suck if one player getting a single coin negates the other player.

I think so, since when I played co-op with other players, I think the number of bonus items doubled or so, and since you cannot :start: to know where move at the right position at times. So yeah, like I said, its best done solo, but I dunno if 1 person gets it all and counts it for other players too. :3

Personally I'd give the achievement difficulty a 3/10 mainly due to the "Perfect Fail" achievement and beating the game on hard (especially if you have a level 50 character).

OT: Nice achievement guide, can't wait until the DLC achievements are added

I think so, since when I played co-op with other players, I think the number of bonus items doubled or so, and since you cannot :start: to know where move at the right position at times. So yeah, like I said, its best done solo, but I dunno if 1 person gets it all and counts it for other players too. :3

I apologize if this sounds crass, but from what it sounds like you haven't done level 3 yet co-op because you aren't certain. Being that this is the second day out you'd remember that, so im guessing you haven't tried it yet. I just recently obtained it, but im still very curious to this answer. I just haven't dove into the co-op aspect of this game *yet*.

I apologize if this sounds crass, but from what it sounds like you haven't done level 3 yet co-op because you aren't certain. Being that this is the second day out you'd remember that, so im guessing you haven't tried it yet. I just recently obtained it, but im still very curious to this answer. I just haven't dove into the co-op aspect of this game *yet*.

Actually I have, problem is, I can't remember much at the moment as of now. >_>

There's just two lines of things to collect instead of the one. Tried it earlier.

Speaking of this damn achievement, I've attempted that stage around 10 times and failed every single time. That's over an hour of trying the stage (7min runs with low level characters leveling them up) and this is the only achievement I need for the completion:mad:

There's just two lines of things to collect instead of the one. Tried it earlier.

Speaking of this damn achievement, I've attempted that stage around 10 times and failed every single time. That's over an hour of trying the stage (7min runs with low level characters leveling them up) and this is the only achievement I need for the completion:mad:

lol, I probably did this about 5 times, and got it right, there needs to be a video or something of how to do this without missing all of the bonus items. :3

lol, I probably did this about 5 times, and got it right, there needs to be a video or something of how to do this without missing all of the bonus items. :3

I don't need a video, I'm just bad at those type of things (I've always failed at these bonus stages in any games). For 3 of those runs, I literally missed like 1 XP diamond... Taking a break from it now though, I was getting too frustrated going through that mission. Mikoto is level 30 from playing that level on Easy

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Achievement Guide and Roadmap w/DLCs