Batman Challenge Guide (Videos)

PowerPyx

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may want to point out that if you use all 5 gadgets in a round you get 2000 bonus points. this can be very helpful in the end, giving you a cumulative total of 8000 (in some cases saved my ass by putting my score over the edge to get 3 stars @ 4th round)

once you get the hang of all the gadgets it is very easy to get out of the way at the beginning of the round. (I could be wrong, but i dont believe you have to use all of them in one combo, just all in one round)

Well the challenge says for the 150 you can't use the boost upgrade, but for the 250 you can. I did the first 4 AR challenges, but I didn't pick up my boost yet because I don't want to miss getting that one nav challenge completed.. but I can't get a good spot to glide for that long :/

I did it off of one of those really tall towers by the steel mill. I was gliding over the water, doing a dive bomb/glide and I did the whole 250 without using grapnel boost. It wasn't that difficult once you figure out how to dive bomb then climb.

I would love it if the AI responded for me the same way it does in any video I've ever seen on either Batman game.

That is so true. I follow the predator videos to the letter and it never works for me. Some guard won't go where he is supposed to and he ends up spotting me and killing me.

Most all of the challenges so far have been cake, especially the combat ones, but the extreme predator rooms have been a bitch so far. I'm having a lot of trouble with End of the Line Extreme. It's basically one shot and you're dead at that point too so there are no second chances.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips for Catwomen on the extreme predator challenges. Catwomen is at such a disadvantage in these challenges it's insane; less health and it's pretty two shots and you're dead, useless gadgets, can't effectively grapple to gargoyles, no real way to escape multiple gunmen. The only real advantage she has is the ability to walk on the ceiling of certain walkways and this isn't even possible or useful in all the maps. I'm stuck on two extreme maps, end of the line and top of the world, the former of which I believe to be impossible until proven otherwise.

If you don't care about the beauty of variety and getting high into the ranked combat leaderboards - just make sure you get into FreeFlow Focus as fast as possible and then keep striking/countering anything in your path (don't use any special takedowns; it will cancel it).

It makes combat stupidly easy.

I did it off of one of those really tall towers by the steel mill. I was gliding over the water, doing a dive bomb/glide and I did the whole 250 without using grapnel boost. It wasn't that difficult once you figure out how to dive bomb then climb.

Thank's for this I have been trying to do the 2 glide challege's for quite some time. As it say's glide for so many meter's I thought dive bombing would cancel it out.

Well the challenge says for the 150 you can't use the boost upgrade, but for the 250 you can. I did the first 4 AR challenges, but I didn't pick up my boost yet because I don't want to miss getting that one nav challenge completed.. but I can't get a good spot to glide for that long :/

You can do the challenge for 150 if you've purchased the grapple upgrade, you just have to get 150 without using it for that particular glide.

To get the 150, I found it easiest to start in the Industrial area and jump from the eastern-most tall tower, and then glide back towards Amusement Mile (NE of map) by going over the water to avoid buildings. Use the dive bomb function (A for glide and RT to dive bomb) to build up speed, then release the trigger and pull up to regain altitude - then rinse and repeat.

I did the 250 in the same spot, I just used the power grapple on the same tower to start. I was able to get about 320 without the power grapple, and about 400 using it with this method.

Edited by JKSullivan

I'm having a lot of trouble with End of the Line Extreme. It's basically one shot and you're dead at that point too so there are no second chances.

This one took me a minute to maneuver. But I've found that if you swing up, disable the guy on the right's gun, swing to his gargoyle, disable the guy in the front's gun, then swing back and do the freeze/rec to set up the first two medals it makes dealing with the next part easier.

how do you get to throw so many smoke pellets? the only time i can use it more then once is if i throw one with Y and then throw one if i select it but then i cant use it again and you can use as many as you want

I was wondering the same thing. These challenges would be cake with smoke pellets like that. For me it's one and done. Unless I'm missing something.

I was wondering the same thing. These challenges would be cake with smoke pellets like that. For me it's one and done. Unless I'm missing something.

That's really strange.

Other people asked me the same thing and I still didn't find out why I can throw infinite smoke bombs and you can't. For me it takes 10-15 seconds until they refill. I can only say that I bought all upgrades and finished all side missions. I'm having the current patch installed and don't use any cheats / mods.

Did you already buy all upgrades and do the side missions (also the AR Training?) And make sure you select the smoke bombs on your own (they are on the left side in the gadget menu). Hold down LB to aim and RT to throw them.

I'll start a new game on an other account to find out if it's related to any ingame progress or not. I'll let you know about my findings.

That's really strange.

Other people asked me the same thing and I still didn't find out why I can throw infinite smoke bombs and you can't. For me it takes 10-15 seconds until they refill. I can only say that I bought all upgrades and finished all side missions. I'm having the current patch installed and don't use any cheats / mods.

Did you already buy all upgrades and do the side missions (also the AR Training?) And make sure you select the smoke bombs on your own (they are on the left side in the gadget menu). Hold down LB to aim and RT to throw them.

I'll start a new game on an other account to find out if it's related to any ingame progress or not. I'll let you know about my findings.

I have all riddler trophies and every side mission/ main story including calendar man and my smokes don't regen. I can only guess it has to do with the update

Okay, now that's weird...

I just started a new game and the smoke pellets began to regenerate after I bought the critical strikes combat upgrade.

It really doesn't make any sense, but take a look if you got this upgrade. Otherwise, it must be random if the pellets regenerate or not, I have no idea. For me they were automatically regenerating when I started with the predator challenges on my original save game.

for challenge 11 for the batarang medal. it helps to kind of give the unfortunate victim and uppercut with the remote batarang. I found the everytime i start to pull up before contact the opponent always geta airborne. i stayed back at the start of the map. and practiced. they can't hit u back there. if you hit the armored guys from the back they fly as well. i practiced this so much that i clear rooms just with the remote batarangs now lol. though this might be helpful to some.

That's really strange.

thats so weird i have everything all side missions and 440/440 riddles. my batman has been maxed out for a long time now and nothing. any information on this would help out a lot.

yeah in top of the world idk how your smoke pellets are reloading. I manually toss them and they i can't anymore. Thought it might have been a patch so i cleared the system cache and deleted the title update and still wasn't reloading. Oh well still will be able to get two of the three easy then i will just have to pick the other guys off till one is left and then beat his ass down. This is my last challenge then it's on the the campaign challenges.