Thoughts?

Original

Downloading this now as I type but for the moment I'm going job hunting. I'll update this post on my thought's of this. Been pretty damn excited for it!:woop:

Tell us your thought's on it? Does it bridge the gap between the two Seasons? Was there that little something at the end of a person's chapter? Anything surprised you?

UPDATE

There were quite a few surprises in this one, I managed to gather all the achievement's through just one playthrough. (Although I think it's scripted like that) I was definitely surprised by the re-united achievement. I thought that we was gonna see Lilly when the truck was coming down the road. I definitely knew that I'd been here before. I didn't exactly *Notice* who I was re-united with til the achievement popped up.

I brought back to the Camp: Glenn, Wyatt and Bonnie. Definitely can't wait for Season Two now! TellTale have done, yet again, (and no surprise) an excellent job!

Edited by Original

I loved this DLC, just finished, and going back doing a couple of missions with other options for giggles, not done that in the other ones but this one was great. Each section is very very short compared to the other Episodes, but none the less, the short story approach was perfect, all characters were interesting, and I loved the chemistry with Wyatt and his pal. All in all a bargain for 400msp, telltale delivered :drunk:drunk:drunk

Not read much into these 400 days things, but will there be more? I am wondering if 400 days is the end for TWD? or will it go to 1000gs? with 4 more episodes?

I enjoyed it, loved the 'OMG' moments i got from choices. Didn't notice too much tieing in with the rest of Season 1 though besides Russell and Shel's stories. Had to play through twice to try and get everyone at the end, first time i lost Vince, second time i thought i'd lose Wyatt because of different events but it turned around.

Can't wait for Season 2

I enjoyed it, loved the 'OMG' moments i got from choices. Didn't notice too much tieing in with the rest of Season 1 though besides Russell and Shel's stories. Had to play through twice to try and get everyone at the end, first time i lost Vince, second time i thought i'd lose Wyatt because of different events but it turned around.

Can't wait for Season 2

i don't think you have to get all of them to go do you?

only one that never went with the group was russell for me and he isn't much of a loss imo.

Sadly, Vince and Russell didn´t go with the rest of the group, I won´t be playing this second time but I hope that it doesn´t mean that something bad will happen to those two in Season 2 if we will meet them or something, especially Vince - I kinda like that character.

I thought they did a good job telling each persons individual story during each mini-episode. However, it didn't really seem like they addressed my issue with the original campaign, which is that no matter what you did or who you sided with, the outcome was pretty much the same (hence, the illusion of "choice").

In the original game, everyone who died in the story died anyways regardless of any decision you made throughout the game, and in this DLC:

[spoiler=ID] Every main character in the DLC (Vince, Russell, Wyatt, Shel and Bonnie) all meet up in the Epilogue, and everyone else who sided with those characters during their episodes weren't with them anymore for one reason or another. They also did a pretty poor job of explaining how they all met with each other after their respective episodes.

Again, it didn't seem like any decision you made prior to the epilogue mattered. The only real thing that changed was who stayed and who left.

I'm hoping that this will actually have a large impact come Season 2, but being the skeptical person that I am, I feel like it'll be just like when we thought Episode 5 of the original campaign was going to offer this huge payoff for all our choices prior to that, but ultimately felt like a bit of a letdown. I mean, what is going to happen to the people who bought season 2 of TWD, but didn't buy this DLC?

I also felt like this DLC was a bit short, and that they could have done a bit more to better tell the story of each character by making each mini-episode longer, as I felt like we barely know any of them.

Edited by Rapture639

I really enjoyed it, but I felt it was way too short. But it looks like TT are going to come out with more DLC to branch or close off this DLC. I'd give it an 8/10 (would've given it a 9/10 if only if was longer)

When you start playing Russell's storyline, I thought Russell was...

[spoiler=19999] The hitch hiker from Season 3, Episode 12 - "Clear" that Michonne, Rick, and Carl did not pick up and they later find his mutilated body only to retrieve his back pack.

I am not a fan of this DLC at all. Don't get me wrong, i love every other episode. This one just feels very week, my main problem is that we spend 1 episode split between 5 characters which does not give us much time to get to know them or for our decisions to make much difference and pay of. Personally my main problem was that i couldn't not find any particularly likeable characters.

On a side note; the Rock, Paper, Scissors achievement is bulls**t.

i don't think you have to get all of them to go do you?

only one that never went with the group was russell for me and he isn't much of a loss imo.

Its just a completionist thing for me i guess, i missed the Russell story achieve so decided to go back and make some different choices which resulted in everyone going at the end. Pretty sure the choices you make during the stories affects how the epilogue plays out with you only getting one shot with Tavia to convince unsure parties to come. I remember one being offering safety and one helping find missing loved ones, not sure what other one's there were but Russell wanted to look for his gran and Wyatt wanted to find his friend so picking the find loved one's option convinced them my 2nd time through. My 1st time Vince didn't seem to have much to say at all about the situation so not sure how i would've got him to go without picking a different option for convincing and possibly losing Russell instead, Wyatt wanted to look for Eddy the 1st time without having to convince him

Unless the next season ends up adding more achievements and bumping this off my completed list, I'm not sticking around for Season 2. The whole bit where you're hiding and accidentally kill someone really set it off for me: I reloaded, tried not attacking, and lo and behold...they kill me?

Lee and Clementine's stories were great, I'm satisfied with that. But between the hallway choices and Poker Night 2's hassle, I'm not really up for another Telltale Games jaunt.

As others have said this episode lacked the emotions of the first 5. It's impossible to do with such short stories for each character but I would have preferred a longer dlc to get in to it more.

A good episode, not a great one. Still looking forward to series 2 though. Just hope they get tugging on those heart strings again. :)

I thought that this DLC was marvelous. It would've been nice had it been a bit longer so that I could've gotten to know the protagonists a bit more prior to season 2, but I guess that's what season 2 is for. Either way, I'm super stoked for season 2.

Edited by Andre16182