Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Arsenic 17

Once I got enough money to purchase the high-balance sniper rifle I did. It is magnitudes better than the hunting rifle. I used that all the way up until I purchased the anti-material rifle (which by the way I hate but use anyway cuz it has 12 in a clip) which was around level 16.

I recommend just doing Shady Wessler contacts (bottom right informant) as she gives a lot of money and XP and only usually requires you to tranquilize one enemy, so you do not need to use any med kits and purchase a lot of ammo. You wont be using too many medkits when you upgrade your guns, just use cover and kill enemies quickly.

BTW that contract on the dock that requires range 380 is stupid. The only (free) gun I believe you can use is the anti-material rifle, which I tried and it is still too hard. The enemies are so far away and you basically have to hit a few enemies who only poke their heads out, which at that distance is like 1 pixel, even fully zoomed in. It is very annoying mission and I only tried it twice and gave up. Screw that it aint even worth that much XP or money...

i actually just bought an accuracy plus sniper rifle ($11,000) before i was able to read your reply. it made things easier as the enemies just takes 1 shot to be dead. though lesser headshots as they would be dead if i misfire and hit them in the torso. wish i knew that early, it would have saved me a lot of money from buying those medkits.

so shady wesler always gives out tranquilizer missions? how often? because before, i bought dmitry pushkin but he rarely gives out missions. i am still hesitating as there is no way i can earn more credits, as i can't play the game when i am online.

as for the 380 range missions, the reason i survived was because of the glitch where i had 400++ rockets. unfortunately, i'm down to 10. good thing i finished all the gabriel thomas missions already. maybe i'll wait till i can afford to buy a cheetah rifle before doing the dockside missions again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually just bought an accuracy plus sniper rifle ($11,000) before i was able to read your reply. it made things easier as the enemies just takes 1 shot to be dead. though lesser headshots as they would be dead if i misfire and hit them in the torso. wish i knew that early, it would have saved me a lot of money from buying those medkits.

so shady wesler always gives out tranquilizer missions? how often? because before, i bought dmitry pushkin but he rarely gives out missions. i am still hesitating as there is no way i can earn more credits, as i can't play the game when i am online.

as for the 380 range missions, the reason i survived was because of the glitch where i had 400++ rockets. unfortunately, i'm down to 10. good thing i finished all the gabriel thomas missions already. maybe i'll wait till i can afford to buy a cheetah rifle before doing the dockside missions again.

oh I didn't know shady wessler cost credits to activate. That informant gives tranquilizer missions 9 times out of 10 ands pays the best of anyone I have. Also the timer is very short I think it is three minutes.

oh I didn't know shady wessler cost credits to activate. That informant gives tranquilizer missions 9 times out of 10 ands pays the best of anyone I have. Also the timer is very short I think it is three minutes.

speaking of tranquilizers, are you sure the tranquilizer handgun costs 10 credits only? mine says 35. having said that, i am thinking it might be unlocked in 1 of the missions instead of buying it.

also, have you tried the weapons challenge? i think i made a mistake of buying a swat smg ($42000), but i can't get past the 2nd challenge (automatic) as this is held in old town (upper right), where some enemies are out of range. plus they consume lots of medkits too.

speaking of tranquilizers, are you sure the tranquilizer handgun costs 10 credits only? mine says 35. having said that, i am thinking it might be unlocked in 1 of the missions instead of buying it.

also, have you tried the weapons challenge? i think i made a mistake of buying a swat smg ($42000), but i can't get past the 2nd challenge (automatic) as this is held in old town (upper right), where some enemies are out of range. plus they consume lots of medkits too.

where did you see I stated it cost 10 credits at? I cant find that anywhere, but would want to correct it. It may be unlocked in a mission but I have not come across that yet. IT seems unlikely as you dont unlock any other guns in missions.

Also I had no bothered with Challenges as the automatic weapons in this game are trash, at least the ones I purchase. Once I get enough money I will purchase the best one and let you know how they go. I am currently level 18

where did you see I stated it cost 10 credits at? I cant find that anywhere, but would want to correct it. It may be unlocked in a mission but I have not come across that yet. IT seems unlikely as you dont unlock any other guns in missions.

Also I had no bothered with Challenges as the automatic weapons in this game are trash, at least the ones I purchase. Once I get enough money I will purchase the best one and let you know how they go. I am currently level 18

it was Terrificy, sorry for the confusion.

the missions challenge are way to hard! not worth the money i think as you just consume lots of medkits. i bought the swat smg, which if i had not bought, i will be able to buy a cheetah rifle already.

but then i realized, the glitch won't be triggered had i not bought swat smg. i bought 400++ bullets for it, and the other ammo had the same number too, including rockets. that made me finish the dockside missions of gabriel thomas. too bad i'm almost out of rockets too. the ordinary informants are giving me dockside missions so i have to buy a cheetah rifle to do them.

it was Terrificy, sorry for the confusion.

the missions challenge are way to hard! not worth the money i think as you just consume lots of medkits. i bought the swat smg, which if i had not bought, i will be able to buy a cheetah rifle already.

but then i realized, the glitch won't be triggered had i not bought swat smg. i bought 400++ bullets for it, and the other ammo had the same number too, including rockets. that made me finish the dockside missions of gabriel thomas. too bad i'm almost out of rockets too. the ordinary informants are giving me dockside missions so i have to buy a cheetah rifle to do them.

Yeah I am not bothering with challenges anymore that is for sure! I am level 18 now and money is nearly limitless right now unless you feel the need to purchase all the guns. I get 4-8k per mission (from Shady Wessler) and cannot even spend that much. Already have the best sniper and assault rifle. Shotguns and handguns seem useless considering how far away most enemies are.

Also, I purchased the 9,000 dollar armor. I think it is one time use only, which doesnt make any sense it only resists 30 damage. Why would you buy that? 20 medkits costs buy 2,500 and can restore 400 health.

Game has not been letting me play online lately at all...which I only care for because I want those credits from friends. Since the Addicted achievements is glitched anyway!

Yeah I am not bothering with challenges anymore that is for sure! I am level 18 now and money is nearly limitless right now unless you feel the need to purchase all the guns. I get 4-8k per mission (from Shady Wessler) and cannot even spend that much. Already have the best sniper and assault rifle. Shotguns and handguns seem useless considering how far away most enemies are.

Also, I purchased the 9,000 dollar armor. I think it is one time use only, which doesnt make any sense it only resists 30 damage. Why would you buy that? 20 medkits costs buy 2,500 and can restore 400 health.

Game has not been letting me play online lately at all...which I only care for because I want those credits from friends. Since the Addicted achievements is glitched anyway!

have you unlocked the loaded achievement? can you verify if the tranquilizer handgun must be purchased too?

as for the armor, i learned that lesson early too. too expensive for a one time use.

have you unlocked the loaded achievement? can you verify if the tranquilizer handgun must be purchased too?

as for the armor, i learned that lesson early too. too expensive for a one time use.

i have loaded, and from what ive read on true achievements the handgun tranq darts are required, i bought the handgun tranq before my task force rifle so i didnt know if it was required or not.

Edited by Djqwakqwak

i have loaded, and from what ive read on true achievements the handgun tranq darts are required, i bought the handgun tranq before my task force rifle so i didnt know if it was required or not.

Yes it appears the tranquilizer hand gun is required...as I have all the other ammo types and it isn't unlocked yet. Lame...especially.since I can't connect online to get the coop challenges..meaning I can never really earn any credits...

Yes it appears the tranquilizer hand gun is required...as I have all the other ammo types and it isn't unlocked yet. Lame...especially.since I can't connect online to get the coop challenges..meaning I can never really earn any credits...

daily bonus still pops up if you start the game in airplane mode then turn it off and go back and play, on day 5 its random and can give you game credits so not all hope is lost... or just hope they patch it soon

daily bonus still pops up if you start the game in airplane mode then turn it off and go back and play, on day 5 its random and can give you game credits so not all hope is lost... or just hope they patch it soon

I am not touching this game until a patch is made. I am definitely not going to level 40 when I have to put my phone in airplane mode everytime. That is too much of a hassle. And in that case, I will not be getting any credits to unlock all ammo types either. And dont even get me started on the glitched "Addicted" achievement...

EDIT (8/3/12): I finally unlocked the Unrivaled achievement and have updated the guide with some tips. It only took a few tries once you find a good map to do it on and a compatible contract.

EDIT (8/4/12): Well today I earned 10 credits as my Day 5 chance award.

Edited by Arsenic 17

you are all lucky to be getting credits. i am only getting cash. i am tempted to reinstall the game since i can't play the game online and receive credits by completing the daily missions. but i am hesitating as i am already in level 21 and want to go and finish the level 40 achievement first.

how about you, what level are you already?

you are all lucky to be getting credits. i am only getting cash. i am tempted to reinstall the game since i can't play the game online and receive credits by completing the daily missions. but i am hesitating as i am already in level 21 and want to go and finish the level 40 achievement first.

how about you, what level are you already?

Yeah I only got credits 1 time, the other three I only got cash. I wouldnt reinstall if you are already Level 21, but that is up to you. That is like 15 hours of gameplay you would be wasting. I am Level 20...I basically stopped playing as soon as I realized some of the other achievements are unattainable (Addicted). I do continue to keep racking up my daily bonus with hopes that I will get enough credits to unlock the handgun. Other than that, I am not wasting time going to Level 40 on a game that is impossible to complete anyway :(

So you can confirm you did not have to get the kills in the first 15 seconds of the mission? Did you use any Reactix? I was able to clear out all the enemies in the first 10 seconds but I used a ton of Reactix and did not get the achievement.

Yes, I can confirm that you do not need to get the kills in the first 15 seconds of the contract. I did not use any Reactix, and since I was not doing it on an ambush mission, I just used the in-game clock to time my attempt. Did it in 13 or 14 seconds. I provided a good level (top left of monument square) to attempt this on in the guide. Just fire a random shot then wait 1 minute. Then survey the area and count all the guys and plan your shots. They tend to cluster on each side of the street near the explosives. Use those and then pick off any stragglers quickly.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the achievement. I think the level you had in mind was the bottom of the two on the left of Monument Square. The one on the top has a few more spawn points. It will have to be a mission where you kill the boss first so he doesn't run away. Once you kill the boss and blow the two explosives, there will be ~5 guys that you have to finish off. Clear out one side before you move on to the next.

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the achievement. I think the level you had in mind was the bottom of the two on the left of Monument Square. The one on the top has a few more spawn points. It will have to be a mission where you kill the boss first so he doesn't run away. Once you kill the boss and blow the two explosives, there will be ~5 guys that you have to finish off. Clear out one side before you move on to the next.

just achieved this a while ago.

on the other hand, is it just me or is the game now working when you are connected to the internet? i can now see the coop missions and send invites. add me, my gamertag is cccuaresma1 :)

I hit level 39 today and can confirm the exact amount of XP needed for level 40 is 2,566,916.

Thanks for the XP amount. How did you get to 39 so fast? Did you spend money? Just wondering so I could fix the real world time to complete the game.

Also, what kind of XP are you getting per mission now on average? How many contracts did you complete? I am just looking to add to the guide.

It's not that bad. I didn't spend any money. It took me about a day and a half per level. Every time you go up a level, you get more energy so you can complete more missions, plus the XP for the contracts go up about 100 each time. Hans Grossberg and Crispin Sandlight contracts gave up to 3900 XP towards the end and Burpie McGhee and Sammy Turtle gave up to 2300. The others gave up to 1500. I don't know about the people where you have to pay 5 credits for because I wasn't lucky enough to win any credits from the daily bonus. I spent my initial credits on Dimitri Pushkin and he only gives out a contract every two days or so. Another thing I thought helped out is using rockets whenever possible. I was getting about 600 bonus XP as opposed to 200 using the Anti-Material Rifle. The game glitched and gave me 20k ammo for all weapon types :). The total amount of contracts I completed is 1665.