Skidloader kill

Tommy Gun 81

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.

This still works. Just got it after many failed attempts to actually run people over. They kept shooting me or an enemy jet/chopper would take me out. I finally gave up and put down mines in random locations, then camped in the skid loader until someone drove over my mines.

The funny thing is that the enemy ended up all around me when I was camping. Since I didn't move though, they all thought I was part of the scenery (cuz there are some forklift vehicles that are not driveable) and completely ignored me. Lol.

Another time I actually hit a guy but he got pushed back and then he shot a rocket to kill me.

That happened to me as well. I lined myself up and somehow I pushed the guy to the side instead of killing him. That's what set me off and made me decide to do the mines instead.

I just got this on my second attempt. I was trying the mine method and eventually it worked out. I planted some at the airfield and was riding around in the Skid Loader and then I saw a buggy, so I coaxed it into following me along the path where my mines were. Thankfully it avoided the first set that I didn't lay and then fell into my trap. :)

Had the worst luck with this last night.

1) First round someone took it before me so I hopped on the back and rode around with him for the whole match. Something about 3 heavily armed soldiers hunched together on a speeding forklift is pretty funny to me, but anytime we found someone he'd jump out and shoot them as opposed to running them over, so fuck.

2) Chased after an enemy skidloader on foot for the whole of another match with my repair tool out (hoping to get the destroy vehicle assignment out of the way as well). Was pretty ridiculous cause this Hollywood chase went on for a good 10 minutes, but when I finally caught up with him he jumped out of the loader right at the last second forcing me to shoot him and his wee friend that spawned on him. Repaired the loader but the match was over.

3) Started at B for a change, drove drunkenly into one of the airport hangars waiting for someone to idle by unsuspectingly but instead a tank shows up. Got out of the loader to take care of the tank, some dickhead on my team steals my skidloader and drives off running over an enemy before my eyes in the process and leaves me there to reevaluate my life. Almost crying at this stage.

4) Played about 10 more rounds of Conquest on this map (so I can thank this achievement for my recent K/D ratio and added quit percentage) and as a reward for my perseverance I got run down by a skidloader whilst trying to javelin a tank.

Think I'm done with this game for a while.

nah, I think you'll be done with that stupid achievement. You're serious about stopping to play this game because of this achievement??:eek:

I'm not even trying to get this one. Just like that "Jaws" achievement it doesn't make any sense.

The "jaws" achievement would have been great if you had to swim from the carrier to the beach. .....THAT would be a Jaws achievement.....but swimming in a hotel pool???:confused: No way !!

(although I did swim in the pool :p)

Got pretty lucky with this, but with the way I've been playing I think I was due for some luck. Played Wake Island for the first time (had to specifically select it in Server Browser since it never seemed to come up in my rotation) and was sort of exploring the island when I happened upon an unused skidloader at the airfield. I hopped on & after a couple miscues was able to get it on the road & build up a little speed. Drove up behind a friendly tank that a couple enemy players were trying to take out & figured I'd try to help him out while also helping myself out since they were distracted by the tank.

Well, the tank apparently got taken out by some plane or chopper as I was driving past, so I figured I was toast since there was now nothing to distract the two enemy soldiers. But no turning back at this point-- full speed ahead (going downhill certainly helped). While firing wildly at me they just happened to line up perfectly that I took both of them out in one run. Their buddy came by & started firing at me, so I tried the same thing with him, but the situation was reversed and I had to try to go uphill with that thing. Decided to ditch it & was promptly whacked, since I always seem to dismount vehicles with my back to the enemy.

So my time in the skidloader is 42 seconds with two kills, giving me 2.85 kills per minute with it :p

Icing on the top-- directly after that I finally found a good attack helo pilot who helped me get that elusive air vehicle ribbon, thus unlocking the Vehicle Warfare achievement. I think I had a grand total of 1 air kill to my name prior to that match, and he kept us alive long enough for me to get 6.

Seriously, just go bananas with mines at Flag B on Wake Island and just sit in the loader and hide. I didn't even move it. Flag B on that map is easily the most mine kills I've gotten in general and it only took 2 minutes of waiting. Definitely luck based but people drive the DPVs all over the place and the road is narrow there.

I HATE this stupid achievement! I've spent the last hour on Wake Island, laying mines around B and sitting in the loader waiting for someone to roll over them...nothing!

Either I can't get to the loader as I get spawned into a game with only 25 tickets left, or no-one goes near my mines or I try and run someone over only to miss them by a foot and then the gun me down.

Tearing my f-ing hair out with this. My K/D ratio over the last hour is about -12.

I HATE this stupid achievement! I've spent the last hour on Wake Island, laying mines around B and sitting in the loader waiting for someone to roll over them...nothing!

Either I can't get to the loader as I get spawned into a game with only 25 tickets left, or no-one goes near my mines or I try and run someone over only to miss them by a foot and then the gun me down.

Tearing my f-ing hair out with this. My K/D ratio over the last hour is about -12.

I hear you, when I was going for that achievement I could not get it if my life depended on it. I gave it a rest for a couple of days, then I joined a random game and got it with in the first few minutes. Sometimes taking a break is your best bet.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was in a game of conquest and spawned on the boat, so i immediately made my way over to it. I drove around for a bit and hid, untill I saw B was being captured. So me, wanting my achievement, went to find the person. I found him behind the crane, and he'd peak from side to side.I give him credit because he stood his ground and tried to shoot me out of it, but he missed his vital shot. I won

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Why is my Skid-Loader broken??. It seems every time I find one and start looking around while driving in it seems concrete mixed with mud and mixed with Glue my little skidder finds the only land mine on the map LOL. I sure wish this thing would float ...

• 1 month later...

I agree with most people that this is purely luck-based. For me, what happened was some guy was trying to be all sneaky and take out a tank, while standing directly in front of the skidloader. So, I pegged it to the loader, got in and hit the gas. Next thing I knew, a roadkill and cheevo popped up. I've never felt so good about getting such a strange kill, and being rewarded for it!

The Skidloader is a vehicle of opportunity. I usually will hop in it when there is complete chaos around the objective that it spawns at. When everyone is focused on the tank or AA gun around the objective hop in and find someone shooting rockets at armor. Or you can use at as a personal vehicle to get from one place to another and then someone will present themselves as an easy kill. I know, I will usually be in the Skidloader when I play Wake Island, or an F-35 that thing has become my favorite Jet.

http://g.bf3stats.com/360/mQgtP6tH/BBDrew.png

Edited by BBDrew84

Finally! I gave up on this back in January but decided to have a go at it again today as I've been focussing on clearing up some of the achievements the last week or so.

Tried using mines, taking stuff out with the javelin etc with no joy. Finally just got really lucky and an enemy jeep stopped just in front of me near the hangars on Wake Island. Two guys jumped out, both started shooting at me and stood in a line....ended up getting a double roadkill! :woop:

Now I can put the Skid Loader on the list of things I'm not going to touch ever again in BF3, alongside Squad Deathmatch and the EOD bot!