1 character VS. 3 characters

JORDAN K 95

1 character or 3 characters?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. 1 character or 3 characters?

• I prefer having 1 character
    • I prefer having 3 characters

I'm torn. On one hand, I enjoyed having the three characters in IV, as they offered different stories and playstyles (vehicles used, stations listened too, and obviously activities you can partake in). Same with here (only far easier to switch between). On the other hand though (and I'm not yet quite done with the story, but according to the SC site, I have a dozen missions to go, but I imagine that includes some more set-up "missions" too), I feel having all three characters in a single game takes away from the stories of those characters. 69 story missions here, where IV had 88/22/25. Sure, there are more side missions here, but still, it's half the story.

If it was one character that had several abilities that could occasionally be swapped out, I might like that better, but only because of the money situation.

that may be overkill! :p i also wonder if we can use any of these abilities online?

I'm torn. On one hand, I enjoyed having the three characters in IV, as they offered different stories and playstyles (vehicles used, stations listened too, and obviously activities you can partake in). Same with here (only far easier to switch between). On the other hand though (and I'm not yet quite done with the story, but according to the SC site, I have a dozen missions to go, but I imagine that includes some more set-up "missions" too), I feel having all three characters in a single game takes away from the stories of those characters. 69 story missions here, where IV had 88/22/25. Sure, there are more side missions here, but still, it's half the story.

it depends if you count strangers and freaks, yes gta4 had them random people but they diddnt really do much. with this they usually have 3 missions and have more of a story to them. it says 20 strangers and freaks missions, but when you go to repley them there is more than 30, i think it shows 20 because there are 20 characters, but each one has more than 1 each

it depends if you count strangers and freaks, yes gta4 had them random people but they diddnt really do much. with this they usually have 3 missions and have more of a story to them. it says 20 strangers and freaks missions, but when you go to repley them there is more than 30, i think it shows 20 because there are 20 characters, but each one has more than 1 each

I did say story missions. S&F aren't story related. Story missions are the bare-bones, "you have to do" missions, none of which S&F qualify as. They are nothing more than side missions. And if you do want to count them, IV still had 112/26/30 to V's 127 (243 if you count all the random events and hobbies as missions, but that's a real stretch for a lot of them (taking off in a plane during Flight School, or going on the Vinewood Star Tour I wouldn't call missions)).

As for the whole 20 when there are 58 S&F mission, the 20 are only the ones required for 100% (you don't need to do the Epsilon, Cletus, Civil Border Patrol, Rampage, Bail Bonds or Vinewood Souvenirs ones (and a few others I haven't done yet)).

i love the three character set up...i actually enjoy playing as all three of the characters though franklin is my favorite by a slight margin

the only thing i don't like too much is the fact that the characters don't have the same clothes on that i left them with even though the randomness is kind of cool

some of my most memorable moments so far have been switching between characters to see what kind of ridiculous shit they happen to be involved in(mainly talking about Trevor)..lol

i feel R* did an amazing job making this game work with 3 mains

that's true but there is a slot for a 4th character already there

LOLOL ive been trolling all of my friends saying its niko or CJ and they belived me! im 99% sure this is for your online character

i love the three character set up...i actually enjoy playing as all three of the characters though franklin is my favorite by a slight margin

the only thing i don't like too much is the fact that the characters don't have the same clothes on that i left them with even though the randomness is kind of cool

some of my most memorable moments so far have been switching between characters to see what kind of ridiculous shit they happen to be involved in(mainly talking about Trevor)..lol

i feel R* did an amazing job making this game work with 3 mains

yup, whats the point in buying clothes if they change every day? they dont even get changed into clothes that you've bought!

its also annoying waking up as trevor in underpants or a dress...

LOLOL ive been trolling all of my friends saying its niko or CJ and they belived me! im 99% sure this is for your online character

yup, whats the point in buying clothes if they change every day? they dont even get changed into clothes that you've bought!

its also annoying waking up as trevor in underpants or a dress...

I think they confirmed that Niko can be a mentor for your online character

Is it me or does this game feel more organized? Maybe playing as 3 different people helps with the chaos that comes with open world games. I'm still planing on going back and finishing GTA IV, but this one seems better to me.

No, I completely agree. The way in which Rockstar made the whole "three character storyline" work, is fascinating. It's really well done and organized.