Finally clarifacation on switching difficulties on the last battle!

CRAPYKAUH

So, it still works? I honestly don't want to do it again on hard.. I'm kinda tired of playing it over and over again, played it four or five times in the past few weeks and I just need Brass Balls..

So, can I still do it on easy/medium and switch? I feel like hard will take me quite a bit longer than those two would.. Has it been patched?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this right now, here's the details:

Yesterday I finished the game: Played through the game on easy, no deaths, no DLC or updates, I played it offline right to the end, did this trick and it did NOT trigger the "Seriously good at this" or "Brass Balls" achievements.

Today I popped the disc in, downloaded the updates and DLC, reloaded my auto-save right before Fontaine fight. During the elevator ride up, I turned off VitaChambers in the options menu. Defeated Fontaine on Easy difficulty, right after I inserted the last needle, clicked start, options, changed difficulty to hard, hit start again to save changes. Cutscene triggers and I got the points.

just got the Brass Balls achievements two nights ago. beat it on easy without dying & changed the difficulty setting to hard before removing the last adam. got it first try too after the cut scene where the little sisters jump on Fontaine. thanks for the guide i can now focus on beating Alan Wake on Nightmare & finishing up the Assassin Creed games. thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this to get my last two achievements, brass balls and you're really good at this. I did my 2nd playthrough on easy, busted it out in ~6 hours and when i got to Atlas i saved, went in, did the fight, when i pressed A to drain the ADAM i pressed start, did the difficulty change, then pressed start again to save the change, but no achievements. I had vita chambers off the whole time and didn't change my difficulty in the game till the end. I didn't die at all in my play-through, So anyone have any ideas to fix? tried clearing cache already.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I tried this to get my last two achievements, brass balls and you're really good at this. I did my 2nd playthrough on easy, busted it out in ~6 hours and when i got to Atlas i saved, went in, did the fight, when i pressed A to drain the ADAM i pressed start, did the difficulty change, then pressed start again to save the change, but no achievements. I had vita chambers off the whole time and didn't change my difficulty in the game till the end. I didn't die at all in my play-through, So anyone have any ideas to fix? tried clearing cache already.

I did the same thing and still no cheev, it's the last one I need to 100% this game

• 2 weeks later...
1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.

2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.

3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.

-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.

-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.

-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.

Just wanted to quote and say thank you as this worked perfectly for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why in the world do devs let glitches like this exist? Hard difficulties bring out the true potential in a game, i don't see how people have fun by getting one-shot kills and hardly ever dying through the whole game. Its like getting the achievement is more fun to some of you than actually playing the game for what it's worth.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok did everything with the DLC, the cache, whatever, nothing. I hate these glitchy achievements.

---

Ok well for those wondering, the best thing would be to redo a run in easy, having vita chambers turned off (on on, haha), and go through the game as quickly as possible. It took me 4h15 from "new game" to "achievement unlocked", I rushed and was low on ammo at some time but all in all, as long as you have 80 electric gel for the boss, it's gonna be easy.

Edited by Lordji

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Awesome! I was afraid I was going to have to restart.

I'm just going to change the difficulty before fighting him rather than when I'm just about to kill him.

I did miss this one audio diary in Rapture Central Control, but good thing I have another save file with it. Looks like I don't need to restart after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so deleted my last post and reposted this as I wanted people to see it, also didn't want to double post.

1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.

2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.

3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.

-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.

-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.

-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.

This method here worked perfectly for me, I tried for an hour doing other peoples methods but none of them worked. I tried this (downloaded the DLC as I didn't have it, it's the FREE tonics ones) and it worked perfectly the first time.

If you want to try this method to get the two achievements try this one and follow the steps as listed, it was even correct at the timing in which the achievements popped!

• 3 weeks later...