They are going to release a patch

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF DECEMBER 21st, 2011

Apparently the patch is finally live for North America. More details when updated patch notes are released.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26171-Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Kollection-Patch-NOT-Coming-Today-UPDATED-With-Patch-Notes/page16

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF DECEMBER 8th, 2011 (Only in Europe)

Apparently the patch will be released Dec 7th. Here is a link to TRMK's website - http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26171-Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Kollection-Patch-Coming-Today-UPDATED-With-Patch-Notes

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection v1.02 Visual Patch Notes

New Video Display option "Stretch" that fills a HDTV.

Audio glitches like MK2's attract mode, Scorpion's Voice, etc now sound proper

Online has player names on each side of the screen in the selection, loading screens and during games.

Online is MUCH improved. So far only been able to play against European players due to it being released over there only so far and it is quite smooth despite the long distance. Immediately feels different, no more like you are playing in molasses.

Un-pausing the game no longer leaves you unable to move for a few seconds

You can use UKKs in UMK3 online now.

The "Arcade" Filter has more even scanlines when in "Stretched" mode, but in other modes retains it's uneven scan line arrangement from previous release.

The video "gamma" level was reduced resulting in a less washed out colors.

Unfortunately they didn't put in version restrictions on the matchmaking, so if you get matched against a 1.02 player from Europe or a 1.01 player in the US right now you get a nasty black screen. This problem should go away once 1.02 is sent out worldwide.

More to come...

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF NOVEMBER 23rd, 2011

Patch hopefully coming around Dec 6th -> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10188-Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Kollection-Patch-Coming-in-a-Couple-of-Weeks.html

EDIT: UPDATED INFO AS OF NOVEMBER 15th, 2011

Ed Boon has tweeted that they are hoping to release the MKAK patch within the next three weeks

LINK -> https://twitter.com/#!/noobde/status/135445274691780610

They have said on their facebook page that they are working on a patch.

Here's the quote.

Thanks to all of our fans who purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and your continued support. We are aware of the issues with the game and are currently working on a patch to address them for all systems. Our goal is ensure the best gaming experience possible for everyone playing a Mortal Kombat game. Please stay tuned for updates on when a patch will be released.

Edited by HabsCen10ial

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found numerous glitches/issues...

- sometimes random select doesnt work (MK2)

- special moves are disabled for one player some rounds online (MK2)

- leaderboard glitch when changing games

- no leaderboard adjustment/punishment for rage-quitting

(also win/loss should be set when it says "finish him")

- achievements not unlocking when finishing arcade mode

...just to name a few

Yeah Online is pretty much Mortal "SlowMo" Kombat and its annoying. UMK3 is almost unplayable. In MK2 and MK1 the games are a bit slower from the start, especially MK1 so its less annoying but well. Must admit i don't have many fun right now with playing them online. I did lots of matches yesterday cause i was drunk and laughting my ass off at the way it was played... Saying GG to everybody i faced... LOL so not my style usually but well...

As for Leaderbord, is that me that is dumb or all i see is a kombat ranking and position in the leaderbord? I don't see any win/loss thing... I found this very weird as its the point of a leaderboard.... Also can't see how many wins i have for Elder God.

As for achievement for beating games... i have them all now so dosen't affect me, but for other peoples yeah i hope they fix it.

Better not wait too long for that patch, cause once the super fall start(GOW3, Halo, Skyrim, MW3 and such) peoples wont play this as much as now... I buyed it for a waiting til GOW3, and cause achievements where easy, and i had hoped that could be funny to VS online players in MK1 and MK2(never played it on PS3) but so far the lag make it shit...

Edited by Destro

I did lots of matches yesterday cause i was drunk and laughting my ass off at the way it was played... Saying GG to everybody i faced... LOL so not my style usually but well...

haha, awesome, dude!

Similar things happened to me as well. I also bought a really bad game once when I was kinda intoxicated. When I woke up the next morning, I was all like "wtf".

haha, awesome, dude!

Similar things happened to me as well. I also bought a really bad game once when I was kinda intoxicated. When I woke up the next morning, I was all like "wtf".

Huh i was not drunk when i brough it, i brought it the day after release, was just waiting to get some cash and the paycheck is on thursday, when the game was releaded on wednesday...

I said i was PLAYING it online very drunk and was very laughing how bad it was when there was lag. One thing weird, today i played around 10 games on MK2, 6-7 on MK1, didn't seem to lag too bad, but MK3 was a mess... had even trouble doing my moves with Kabal, barely won the match but the dude was also having a lot of trouble. He sometimes would not even uppercut me or anything when he block my dash... when usually you can combo after that. He was uppercuting but too slow and i could block.

So well i think for now ill stick to MK1 and MK2, weirdly i get my ass whooped way more in MK2 when i seem to win more often on MK1... so guess ill play more MK1 for Elder God.

Its not THAT bad but its not that good either... wish they fix it soon.

But thinking of this, i have to admit i brought a game very drunk in the past, i saw Scott Pilgrim the movie, during the christmas time, i had a buzz, buyed the game, played one level, never touch it again... Not that its bad, i dunno, i was just in the mood for this on that particular night, when after i had other stuff to play.

Two other things I would say would be worth a fix is allowing either player to view their movesets during the "Round _ FIGHT!" section and after "_ wins" I really don't know WHY they didn't allow that already. Also switching the directional pad for which side you're on, doesn't bother me too much but everyone I've played with (that are more casual MK players) say it annoys them to no end.

UMK3 for me is unplayable in the way all is super slow, the combos are hard to pull out just cause of that... And after having played the previous version on live arcade... no way ill endure this. Anyway must admit i wanted to play MK1 and 2 online, thats the main reason i got it, so well... I think after Elder God pop, i will have my fix. I give myself til wednesday to finish it, cause its Bloodrayne Betrayal and i wanna do it before GOW3... so if it dosen't come from online play, ill do MK1 over and over again...

15 days is a lot of time for you? :confused: LOL

I know people are different, but personally i am more an online shooter guy than Solo, i play only an hour or so per day on solo play... For the moment for exemple i am doing bodycount, still half the campaign(based on achievements) left. Should be done by friday for the offline part. Got MK to finish online but i also play a lot of MK9... Have to do Bloodrayne Betrayal(i don't know how long it will be) and i try to do challenge on Halo Reach to finally get my LT.Colonel achievement(some challenge take times, for exemple 180 kills or win 15 games in a day, your talking about a couple hours of play...) Im major 3 right now, so shouldn't be too long, after that ill slow down on Halo(i play only Swat, and even there i can't stand some maps anymore... like god damn pinnacle or Uncaged, or even Reflection) The spawn kill is terrible for the 2 first one, and the other it annoy me to go upstair all the time to kill 1 dude and get kill after... wich happen a lot.

Anyway sorry about "the story of my life" ;) but bottom line, 2 weeks to do all i have to do is kinda short actually.

I even didn't play Black Ops for over 5 days... im missing it, i only played 5 games or so of Warfare 2 the other night cause a friend ask me to, since Warfare 3 is coming and damn it make me fear even more the MP of warfare 3... Its crazy how Black Ops MP is so much better than Warfare...