Installing discs 2,3 and 4?

Bum Commando

When I pull up details on the game on disc 2 it gives me no option to install. Had no problems installing disc 1 of the game. Please dont tell me I have to endure the rest of the game with a whirring disc in the background.

Edit: It appears you have to uninstall disc 1 to install disc 2 and im assuming the same goes for disc 3 and 4 as well. I was hoping I could install it all in one go but I guess you have to save and dashboard at the end of each disc. A minor inconvenience for such a great jrpg but still its a little odd considering other games like L.A. Noire let you install all of its discs at once.

Edited by Bum Commando

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have all 4 installed and am currently playing the game now, like all multidisc games due to draconian copy protection they still have to be swapped when playing the game but apart from that the hdd gets used.

Basically insert disc 1, press the button to load the info (not the game) choose install, swap to disc 2 and repeat, repeat process for 3 and 4.

If you use the memory disc to watch the cutscenes that still requires disc swapping as well very annoying. So installing to hdd doesnt remove the requirement to swap discs. But does reduce noise during gameplay and decrease loading times.