Are the "mini" DLC worth it?

I would say yes if you really enjoyed oblivion. These are wot I have bought.

Fighter's Stronghold - Very good, some fighting and then you get your own castle to explore and upgrade.

Horse Armor Pack - Expensive for what it is, horses look great with it tho.

Mehrunes' Razor - Huge underground mining camp to adventure in, and a lengthy quest.

Orrery - A quest to repair the Arcane University's Orrery. Average at best.

Spell Tomes - New spells and books included in random loot lists. You just have to explore and find them.

Wizard's Tower - Waste of money for me as im not a mage. A new house for your character.

Overall I really liked the mini DLCs and they are worth it.

I would say yes if you really enjoyed oblivion. These are wot I have bought.

Fighter's Stronghold - Very good, some fighting and then you get your own castle to explore and upgrade.

Mehrunes' Razor - Huge underground mining camp to adventure in, and a lengthy quest.

Got these two for free, the Stronghold is really only good if you want a PC house. Mehrune's Razor is a decent little side mission.

I wouldn't reccomend the horse armor or spell tomes, that shit should've been included in the game to start.

Fighter's Stronghold is worth it for the merchant alone. He's only Apprentice level and has 2000 gold. It also helps early on because of the forge, which boosts your Armorer skill by 25. I also love the taxidermist and putting up my trophies.

Wizard's Tower is good for mages and/or alchemists. The garden in there has everything you'd need for potion-making, plus provides you with the access to the sigil stone glitch and Mace of Doom (fun to mess around with these).

The rest of them are pretty mediocre. Mehrune's Razor is okay, but considering you spend half of your time crawling dungeons as it is, paying money to do it one more time... It is fun though.

Don't waste your money on Spell Tomes. They're usually not much better than what you can buy anyways, and most of them cost so much Magika that they're useless unless you're a full-blown mage.

• 2 months later...

wizard's tower is definitely worth the download. it's the only place in the game you can enchant and create spells without going through the mage's guild quest line.

you can also get the mace of doom via the frostcrag spire glitch. strongest weapon in the game . . . but it's a glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...