What's wrong with my ME3?

GamerJani

I can't play Mass Effect 3 anymore. Everytime I get to the main menu, in the screen reads "checking downloadable content" but then nothing happens. The text just reads in the middle of the screen and I can't do anything. Please, help me!

• 7 months later...
Have you tried this?

https://help.ea.com/article/freezing-while-checking-downloadable-content-in-mass-effect-3-for-xbox-360

It didn't work when I tried, but I think the reason is that I'm not old enough to play this on live so I can't register the EA account or something like that...

I like the part where EA never fucking fixed this problem properly and just expect everyone to submit to their intrusive EA account and "gameplay feedback" bullshit to get around it. Well fuck you EA, I'm stopping at step 3 and just playing offline because I don't need to sign in for single player.

But still, it thoroughly disgusts me that this was never fixed. I had this same shit back when Leviathan came out in fucking August of last year and it still exists now?! Just another reason why EA is the worst publisher in the universe. :mad:

So yeah, just wanted to bring this back up for anyone else who bought the new DLC and found their game broken by this bullshit: just disconnect your console from the internet and play offline, you don't need to let EA force you into signing into their bullshit account just to play the single player.