3 Lives Remaining Scoring Thread

Scores must be posted in this thread no later than noon PT of the 5th day for each round. You are encouraged to post early and edit in your scores as much as possible. This is a good idea for you in case something prevents you from accessing the site during that 12-hour window before all reported scores are final and we have to confirm them.

Each post must contain the following:

---The title of each game being reported for scoring.

---The Gamerscore obtained in each game during the 4 days.

---A link to xbox.com comparing that title. If you are not aware of how to make a proper "compare to" link for xbox.com, please review the instructions in the Over Achiever thread here.

Please note that if your submitted links are not properly formatted, you will get one free pass. After that, incorrect posts will NOT be scored and you will likely lose the tournament.

Achievements earned offline will not count for this tournament.

If you are going to need an exception for any reason, talk to me or Doug BEFORE the exception is needed, not after. We can be reasonable and realize that life events can happen, but remember we are also charged with keeping this fair and equitable for all.

As such, members are not allowed to change their profile to "private" or "friends only." You're Ambassadors, which means you're required to have public profiles. Anyone without a public profile will be removed from the tournament and will also be removed from the Ambassador program as well.

Last but certainly not least, if we should run over into the GSL/site vs site competition (not likely but possible) your scores can count for all 3. Assuming you're competing in all 3 that is. Just make sure you understand the scoring rules for each one and good luck keeping track. I don't envy you there. ;)

The tournament officially begins at midnight (12am) Pacific Time on August 18th and the first round ends at midnight (12am PT) on August 22nd. All scores are to be posted (with no more edits) by 12pm PT on the 22nd. We will have the results posted by 6pm PT (GMT-7) on the 22nd along with the next round's matchups.

The designation (#LR) after your Gamertag is the number of lives you have remaining. {Example: (3LR) means you have 3 lives remaining}

Edited by Grifter Reborn
Time zones :p

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So being my first time visiting the all-mighty random.org, I wanted to be sure I was fully prepared for the adventure. I sought the wisdom of Creech, who had braved the perilous trip many times before. "Nothing to it, don't worry about it," was his only response. I sensed a trap. So I sought the knowledge of Capn Doug and his rumored powers over random.org only to be met with a disappointing "Meh, no big deal, just go and you'll figure it out." I sensed impending doom.

I refused to let the lack of advice stop me. Or the fear. Or the piece of gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I made my destination despite all of the failures along the way. Not looking both ways before crossing the street. Not making that left turn at Albuquerque. Forgetting the words the wiseman told me to remember. Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... Whatever. Doesn't matter. I said them. Sort of.

So I climbed the tallest peak after losing my supplies (stupid mudslides) and discovered a nice patch of grass (to my surprise) to lay upon and regain some strength. Then I stood with great pride as I stared into the great heavens of random.org and shouted:

"OH GREAT AND POWERFUL RANDOM.ORG, I HAVE COME SEEKING YOUR HELP IN FILLING OUT OUR TOURNAMENT'S FIRST ROUND. WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME?"

A small, cool breeze blew across me and I could hear an answer carried within it: "Nnnnooooooo" it whispered to me. Had I offended them by shouting? I quickly whispered back in hopes of not failing x360a: "Please, oh glorious random.org, have I done something wrong that led to you telling me no? Was it my shouting? Perhaps I'm not aware of a certain phrase or ritual?"

I was met with hurricane force winds that knocked me to the edge of a cliff and I held on for dear life only to hear a thunderous shout:

"CAN'T YOU READ? DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BIG SIGN THAT SAYS 'STAY OFF OUR FUCKING LAWN' IN EVERY LANGUAGE WITHIN THE COSMOS? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? WE WORK HARD ON THAT LAWN. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO MAINTAIN A NICE LAWN UP HERE?"

I was crushed. I let go. Tumbled to the base of the mountain and laid there broken, battered, bruised. I ached physically and mentally. I wept.

Then I felt something delicate gently land on me. I reached and grabbed it. Held it closer to realize it was a small piece of paper. I couldn't help but laugh as I read what was clearly written on it:

The 1st round matchups (listed as Gamertags) are:

KillerBEA107 (3LR) vs. TemporalWizard (3LR)

AOS Puck (3LR) vs. Jakez123 (3LR)

TheStayonTarget (3LR) vs. Inebriated Jedi (3LR)

Veedrock (3LR) vs. Spade x360a (3LR)

Foxxy Kyle (3LR) vs. MadHatters13 (3LR)

Corrupt x360a (3LR) vs. Kairi x360 (3LR)

DEG23 x360a (3LR) vs. Skorpion x360a (3LR)

Jardinho (3LR) vs. andydubyew (3LR)

PS- Creech and Doug called to let us know you were coming. They decided to play a little joke on you. Our number is on the back of this. So just call next time. Good luck with round 1. We'll be looking forward to your call for round 2. :)

Edited by Grifter Reborn
profile links

Nice story BTW, Grifter. :p

1st Round

Gears of War 3 - 1 for 50:gsicon:

Assassin's Creed® III - 2 for 30:gsicon:

Cars 2 - 33 for 580:gsicon:

GTA IV PC - 2 for 15:gsicon:

DiRT 3 (PC) - 14 for 220:gsicon:

Fruit Ninja - 5 for 65:gsicon:

DiRT 2 (PC) - 28 for 635:gsicon:

Splinter Cell Conviction (WP7) - 1 for 30:gsicon:

Total: 1,625:gsicon:

Edited by Jardinho
Scores-ies

Wartech: Senke no Ronde - 6 achievements for 150:gsicon:

Super Street fighter 4 - 4 achievements for 130:gsicon:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Arcade) - 12 achievements for 200:gsicon:

Sonic the hedgehog 2 - 4 achievements for 40:gsicon:

Sonic the hedgehog 3 - 12 for 200:gsicon:

Total: 720:gsicon:

Edited by Jakez123

Round 1

Gerbil Physics - 14 for 150:gsicon:

Kinect Fun Labs: Battle Stuff - 2 for 10:gsicon:

Kinect Fun Labs: Sparkler - 6 for 40:gsicon:

WRC Powerslide - 2 for 140:gsicon:

Zombies!!! (WP) - 4 for 75:gsicon:

Total - 415:gsicon:

Edited by Corrupt.

Round 1

Ascend: Hand of Kul (2 for 45:gsicon:)

Dungeon Fighter LIVE (4 for 70:gsicon:)

Viva Pinata: Party Animals (2 for 60:gsicon:)

Marvel vs Capcom: Origins (16 for 210:gsicon:)

Sonic The Hedgehog (1 for 10:gsicon:)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (2 for 15:gsicon:)

Collapse (10 for 200:gsicon:)

Mirror's Edge (1 for 5:gsicon:)

Total: 615:gsicon:

Round 1 Results:

Gamertag (total Gamerscore)

KillerBEA107 (520, do the math again B!) vs. TemporalWizard (172, seriously, one point?!?)

AOS Puck (285) vs. Jakez123 (720)

TheStayonTarget (160) vs. Inebriated Jedi (530)

Veedrock (480, Math Fail= Marvel Ultimate Alliance) vs. Spade x360a (360)

Foxxy Kyle (395) vs. MadHatters13 (0)

Corrupt x360a (410, Math Fail= Gerbil Physics) vs. Kairi x360 (615)

DEG23 x360a (5) vs. Skorpion x360a (185)

Jardinho (1625) vs. andydubyew (2235)

The following members lost a life:

TemporalWizard

AOS Puck

TheStayonTarget

Spade x360a

MadHatters13

Corrupt x360a

DEG23 x360a

Jardinho

The following members get a Duck Face:

MadHatters13

Highest Scorer:

andydubyew (2235)

Highest Scoring Loser:

Jardinho (1625)

Lowest Scoring Winner:

Skorpion x360a (185)

Smallest Margin of Victory:

Veedrock (120)

Round 2 officially begins tonight at midnight (12am) Pacific Time (August 23rd) and the round ends at midnight (12am PT) on August 27th. All scores are to be posted (with no more edits) by 12pm PT on the 27th. We will have the results posted by 6pm PT (GMT-7) on the 27th along with the next round's matchups.

The 2nd round matchups (listed as Gamertags) are:

Foxxy Kyle (3LR) vs. Veedrock (3LR)

Skorpion x360a (3LR) vs. Corrupt x360a (2LR)

andydubyew (3LR) vs. Jakez123 (3LR)

Inebriated Jedi (3LR) vs. TemporalWizard (2LR)

Kairi x360 (3LR) vs. Jardinho (2LR)

Spade x360a (2LR) vs. TheStayonTarget (2LR)

MadHatters13 (2LR) vs. AOS Puck (2LR)

KillerBEA107 (3LR) vs. DEG23 x360a (2LR)

I saw the whole Apple debacle. :p Actually lolled at Doug's post. :D

Round 2

Cars 2 - 10 for 220:gsicon:

FIFA 12 - 1 for 50:gsicon:

Far Cry 3 - 1 for 15:gsicon:

Assassin's Creed® III - 2 for 30:gsicon:

Dead Rising 2 - 2 for 40:gsicon:

FIFA 13 - 3 for 65:gsicon:

DiRT 3 (PC) - 7 for 115:gsicon:

Total: 535:gsicon:

Edited by Jardinho

Jumper - 20 achievements for 1000:gsicon: