Bitching Thread

Kite87

The game is pretty ugly on the 360. Had to switch over to the PC version which is FAR superior when maxed out. Other than that, I've been enjoying it so far. Some of the animals take far too long to kill, but I guess they didn't want to make it one shot one kill for all of them.

I choose 360 over PC due to PC having no Steam Achievements. Playing a game without achievements knowing I could be earning them on another platform bugs me. :D Might get the PC version later on when it drops in price.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes killing some animals in this game is fucking stupid 2 or 3 head shots to a tiger and they still come at you and tear your ass apart, i suggest the shotgun, it will still take a couple of rounds but easier to aim than some other guns, fucking forget the crossbow with normal arrows you will DIE.

Use animal repelent recipe :woop: Then is all hunter quests easy.

I choose 360 over PC due to PC having no Steam Achievements. Playing a game without achievements knowing I could be earning them on another platform bugs me. :D Might get the PC version later on when it drops in price.

Shit i totally agree. I played on xbox 4 years, now I have new PC and first game is far cry 3. No achievements is insane for me now. You just finished game once and you dont want play it again for another achievements, so you just uninstall it :(. But good graphic is important for me also. Its dilemma.

Edited by Marty308862

Shit i totally agree. I played on xbox 4 years, now I have new PC and first game is far cry 3. No achievements is insane for me now. You just finished game once and you dont want play it again for another achievements, so you just uninstall it :(. But good graphic is important for me also. Its dilemma.

Indeed, and I'm the same way too. On the other hand I don't want the shit that goes with PC gaming and Windows in general. I set myself a rule that I wouldn't game on my PC since I use it for work, but sometimes the superior graphics of the PC is tempting.

Indeed, and I'm the same way too. On the other hand I don't want the shit that goes with PC gaming and Windows in general. I set myself a rule that I wouldn't game on my PC since I use it for work, but sometimes the superior graphics of the PC is tempting.

Yeah I've been both on PC and Xbox. I have to say I like Xbox because it's easier to work with but PC has great advanages. Only down side I see most of the time is most games on PC are on steam and you really don't own any of the games on there, you're just hold them until you account gets screwed.

BIG OLE BITCH ALERT:

Shot myself up with a Fireproof syringe just as a Pyro dude rounded a corner and spent the next 30 seconds running about with my arms on fire, absorbing no damage but with the ability to do sod all else.

Enemies are pretty dumb. I blew my cover right at the start of a late mission, hid behind something and everyone ran right for my, around the corner and into my shotgun range. Spastics.

Non-marked enemies appearing on your mini-map was pretty dumb. Why should I get that advantage? That's what the Enhanced Perception syringe is there for.

Just finished it and didn't really dig the ending, would've preferred another QT battle to be honest. Those were pretty well done. If people were bitching about Mass Effect 3's 'pick a colour' ending surely the 'pick a trigger' conclusion here was worse.

Too much money:

There was too much money. Apart from the maps and the signature weapons there wasn't any 'large' purchases. i.e. Ammo replenishment should have cost more, less ammo dumps to refill your arsenal for free later on in the game to encourage you to use all 4 weapon slots, etc.

Too many free weapons. Hell why were they even free? Radio towers simply unlocking the option to purchase them would've been fine.

Loot Takedown, Loot More Money and Sell Items for More were the last 3 of my tattoos for what it's worth.

In the Charlie (Stoner) rescue mission when you're on the cliff and looking through the camera the entire scene is static apart from the helicopter. Literally nothing else moves, not even the water.

The credits background doesn't need to be static either. (Minus a million stars...)

The lipsync was bargin basement level at some points. It matched the words yes, but it looked like the mouth was jumping between 3 preset shapes instead of moving like a typical mouth (which to be fair, was present for most of the game. ME3 couldn't even get the mouths to match the words FFS.)

Man Ubisoft love them a long credit sequence.

Some of those abilities were utterly pointless. Zipline Gunner and Dual Death From Below I'm looking at you. Not one instance where they were a valid option.

You hurt yourself after falling a rather laughable distance sometimes, especially for an extreme sports enthusiast.

Which leads nicely to health syringes vs. natural healing. Why was there no option to choose between these? When out of battle and walking/jumping/falling/getting mauled at my leisure, why can't I just use the natural, slower heal instead of wasting a perfectly good needle which'll be better used when I get caught in a gun fight?

I got the special edition with Monkey Business missions and was reminded to TALK TO HURK whenever I wasn't in the middle of a mission. Clingy.

Towards the end with the Radio Towers there were a few that demanded jumping onto broken bits of platform around the perimeter of the tower. Well Brody got the wrong idea and vaulted over a segment and threw himself to death one day. He got better.

Checkpoints are fucking stupid in some circumstances. died halfway through Black Gold and started with 2/4 sites left instead of going back to the beginning of the mission.

When you get the Have I Told You? cheevo for getting your stuff out of the locker I was instantly rumbled by a dog and killed by a heavy. Can I re-do that bit? NO. I got my stuff out of the locker, so good enough, next mission, as far as the developers were concerned.

Ditto those Wanted: Dead missions. Stuck right into the centre and knifed the leader with the intention of a Grenade Takedown to allow me to escape. It didn't work, I got killed, but once again that was considered a SUCCESS by the developers and that mission was over, done, gone.

That Mass Grave looked awfully shallow once you're out of it.

Phew.

It does the same thing tho, it seems random. I've tried both. Sometimes pushing puts the fire out, sometimes it swaps weapons. Holding can either put the fire out, or use a syringe. Bit annoying when you're in the middle of a firefight and a whisker away from dying.

Odd. That's never happened to me. Then again, I'm using a keyboard, not a controller.

Pretty good game, especially the world and most of the mechanics, one of the best open worlds for sure. However the story and large majority of the characters (except 2, sam and vass) totally sucked (incluing jason). I am mad dissappointed in the story for a number of reasons, it oculd have been so much better, and all the marketing material had me expecting it to be much better.

*Spoilers*

the whole push for insanity crap was a total letdown, numerous ways. the technical main villian (hoyt) was a huge bore, 100% forgettable. Citra turned out to just be a crazy righteous (and moronic) bitch.

Alright. So.

I'm doing the mission now where you have to kill the three captains (you know) and you can choose to stay undetected by doing stealth kills. I did.

Eventually, I got the two snipers after clearing the top. I hid one behind this structure (or so I thought), and the other sniper sees the body (I couldn't take him down in time because another two guys were coming in).

Then, they ALL immediately ASSUME it was me and open fire. I mean what the fuck, there goes the realism. LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

Come on Ubisoft. At least I already had taken down those pain in the ass heavies and the mission didn't fail.

- coop is a technical disaster!

It feels like that a different studio produced this shit...

- too less guns and attachments

There is no gun in this game that really satisfy me, only the Gears-of-war-like shotgun.

And why the hell isn't it possible to attache

anything to the AK47?! :(

There isn't even a signature gun version of the AK47 in this game...

Why the hell is there a second VECTOR in this game when they both have the same attachments?!... ridiculous!!!! :(

I had an issue last night, on one of the final mission. I'd come back to the game after a few hours off, booted up to the checkpoint, engaged the first few enemies and immediately my gun would vanish from my hands, leaving just my hand floating holding an invisible shotgun. I couldn't fire, couldn't swap weapons, throw grenades or anything. The enemies were still shooting me. I died several times, same thing happened every respawn. I eventually gave up and restarted the entire mission, and it was fine then. Random

- coop is a technical disaster!

It feels like that a different studio produced this shit...

- too less guns and attachments

There is no gun in this game that really satisfy me, only the Gears-of-war-like shotgun.

And why the hell isn't it possible to attache

anything to the AK47?! :(

There isn't even a signature gun version of the AK47 in this game...

Why the hell is there a second VECTOR in this game when they both have the same attachments?!... ridiculous!!!! :(

Is that sarcasm? Because a different studio did make the co-op.

MOAR:

During the Black Gold mission (You and Sam on a turret blow up 4 things) I kept switching back to my Sniper Rifle after planting the bombs.

The Sniper Rifle wasn't either of the two weapons I had equipped at the time though!

I don't see why Enhanced Perception makes the enemies appear as grey shadows (a bitch to see through walls and rocks) whereas Hunter's Instinct makes animals appear yellow (Which works just fine).

If the enemies appeared yellow just like the animals it would be fine. Plus I'm not about to go and get the two confused am I?

Nature Boy is fucking pointless when all flowers appear on your mini-map anyway.

When you re-scale activated Radio Towers the switches are close and padlocked again! :o You can't re-open them.

Plus a continuity error you may have noticed, you always bust off the padlock with the default knife, not whatever alternative you may have equipped.

Those 'sweeping' animations in the Poker games are horrible.

Jason Brody's trousers.

Gunners on the Technical don't seem to feel bullets to the bollocks.

I couldn't get the C4 to stick to my jeep. Fuck. No Jihad Jeep for me.

It might appear like I hate this game due to the number of moans but I'm loving it mostly.