ESPN Instant Classic - Setup

xMaJoRdAnGeRx

Did this help?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did this help?

• Helped
    • Still Glitched

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/SK/Ml/0YCLiGJhbC83FQQaXFJRF0E0L2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn-gqjUw==.jpg

One for the History Books

Play a game that gets designated as an ESPN Instant Classic (excludes co-op).

Notice: This guide has been confirmed to help some people gain this achivement. My guide is just a basic structure that I used to unlocked this achievement and has been known to not unlock for some. Just keep trying if you don't have this yet and be really patience. It took me about 7 tries to get this and I did the same thing everytime.

Setup: Default (5 mins,Varsity, default sliders)

Teams: Tenn @ Florida

Rivalry: Yes

Boxscore:

1st: Tenn 0 Florida 7

2nd: Tenn 7 Florida 0

3rd: Tenn 10 Florida 7

4th: Tenn 0 Florida 7

Final Score : Tenn 17 - Florida 21

Espn Classic Score: 646

Method: I used all of the default settings. Started the game up by scoring early, ran the clock out going into the 2nd quarter. When the 2nd quarter began, I kicked a FG straight out of bounds, giving them the ball. When on defense, I pumped the crowd up alil bit and held the CPU to 3rd down. When it was 3rd down, i ran FG Block which made them throw over me for an easy TD. When the 3rd quarter started, I gave the ball back to them and repeated the same process, letting them score 10 uncontested.After that,I began to play normal scoring 7 in the 3rd. While running down the clock to 1:52 I scored the last TD and held out for the win.

*Tip: While on offense, I used the quiet crowd animation to get the crowd involved. Idk if it helped but it worked*

Also, i used the even team(RB) while setting up the team.

Confirmed by DarkManX : Sliders and Quarters can be changed.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2EVQj06Zeg][/ame]

Edited by xMaJoRdAnGeRx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tried this method twice to no avail...... does it matter if florida is not my season showdown team????? I've erased my memory and cleared my cache but the game keeps USC as my season showdown team and im not sure if you have to earn the classic with your showdown team................. also has anyone ever this unlocked this ach using 2 controllers or do you have to use 1????? Man this cheeve is pissin me off...... Im gonna erase my files, clear my cache and try it all again:mad:............. thx for any replys

just tried this method twice to no avail...... does it matter if florida is not my season showdown team????? I've erased my memory and cleared my cache but the game keeps USC as my season showdown team and im not sure if you have to earn the classic with your showdown team................. also has anyone ever this unlocked this ach using 2 controllers or do you have to use 1????? Man this cheeve is pissin me off...... Im gonna erase my files, clear my cache and try it all again:mad:............. thx for any replys

Florida was my showdown team and Like you it was to no avail until I played the CPU. I was constantly using 2 controllers whenever going for this achievement, Do exactly what he tells you keep it at the same score and same scoring sequence. Again I played on freshman with sliders on 3 minute quarters.

just played a 5OT game Cal vs. USC (cause USC is my showdown team and i can't change that) with constant lead changes and crowd involvement (pumping up/quieting crowd) and it still didnt work........ o ya and im only using one controller against the CPU........ im gonna try fla v. tenn 1 more time..................

1st lemme say BIG UPS to Major for the strategy and props to Darkman....... i erased all my files cleared cache, loaded up game, selected florida as my favorite team....... loaded up tenn @ fla with sliders adjusted, 3 min quarters, freshman difficulty..... followed the guide to a T, ESPECIALLY the scoring sequence (my first 2 tries the scoring sequence was slightly off)...... after the game i had like 347 instant classic score or some crap (who cares) and it popped ..... this strategy works even for the glitchy games like the 1 I had....... just follow scoring sequence and it should unlock:drunk:woop::locked

1st lemme say BIG UPS to Major for the strategy and props to Darkman....... i erased all my files cleared cache, loaded up game, selected florida as my favorite team....... loaded up tenn @ fla with sliders adjusted, 3 min quarters, freshman difficulty..... followed the guide to a T, ESPECIALLY the scoring sequence (my first 2 tries the scoring sequence was slightly off)...... after the game i had like 347 instant classic score or some crap (who cares) and it popped ..... this strategy works even for the glitchy games like the 1 I had....... just follow scoring sequence and it should unlock:drunk:woop::locked

Good to hear this worked for you. Would of sucked having 990 GS in this game Welcome to the 1000 club.