Game Info (I have it)

o D M C o

For everyone thinking this is an easy and enjoyable 1k, I'd steer clear. It's a reasonable game but the menus are on a par with Sonic Riders at times, and lvl 10 will take a vast ammount of time to reach. I have 1 boss left to beat and I've only just hit level 4. Not to mention the motion tracking (especially for jumping and dodging) is far from perfect. Added to that, the combat is about as deep as a cup of tea, so dont expect to get longevity from trying to master it, my 7 year old was hammering the A.I with 10 minutes of switching it on. Each character has only 3 moves, you can string these together (a bit) but its still nowhere near the variation I expected. Multiplayer is much more fun, but don't expect any action online, its about as popular as a paedophile at a childrens' party. So unless you have a friend at home to play with, it'll be sp only. Finally, locked out uplay content is inaccessable because Ubi have failed to put the content on Uplay, so you'll be missing 2 suits and a power up from your collection.

Im not saying don't buy it, just thought I'd give people a bit of info before they make a purchase.

EDIT; Looking at the way levelling up works, the xp required seems to double with each progressive level. I'm currently level 4 and need 30k to get to level 5, double that all the up to level 10 and you're looking at close to 1,000,000 xp needed for the achievement. Given that you get between 100 and 1000 xp per fight (with higher reward fights the risk of losing is much higher) it is gonna take some SERIOUS grinding. I'm gonna play a ranked match later and see if xp is a bit more generous. Whatever the case WTF were Ubisoft thinking here?

Edited by o D M C o

I have some questions about the game.

1. How many different gameplay modes are there? I'm guessing it's just the story mode and versus mode, right? Also, is versus mode 2 player only? Or can you fight against the CPU in versus mode?

2. What are some of the different kinds of suits that you can unlock?

3. I'm guessing that the X version of the super suits are a more powerful version? However, in what way(s) are the X versions more powerful?

4. Are there multiple difficulty settings for the game?

5. Which are some of your favorite super suits?

Edited by Wurd77

Well....it's odd that the developers would make it so hard to level up in the game. I guess that was there way of getting people to play the game over and over again. They, possibly, thought it would add to the replayability of the game.

Plus, all leveling up does is unlock new power ups for your suits, right? I guess leveling up would make the later opponents much easier to defeat.

Yeah. In the US. However, it's already out in Europe.

It's out in Asia too. :)

I saw it being demoed the other day, and the guy was controlling an avatar dressed as Ezio. Apparently, the available moves were also taken from the Assassin's Creed universe. I think raising one arm up shoots his hidden pistol.

Any details on how to unlock this suit?

It's out in Asia too. :)

I saw it being demoed the other day, and the guy was controlling an avatar dressed as Ezio. Apparently, the available moves were also taken from the Assassin's Creed universe. I think raising one arm up shoots his hidden pistol.

Any details on how to unlock this suit?

Yeah. Thanks. I forgot about Asia too. lol Anyways, that is cool. I've read somewhere about there being some "special" suits that you could get. One from Assassin's Creed and the other one is from another game (can't remember it off the top of my head). Anyways, it's cool that they are including these. :) However....not sure how they are unlocked. They may be some of the suits that you unlock via U-Play. Not 100% sure, though.

@Panic, Its not terrible, I haven't played Fighters Uncaged so cant really compare but basically its a 360 Arena game - dodge left and right in a circular motion, with very "VERY" basic hand to hand combat and 3 Special moves per character.

You get power ups per level which goes 1-10 however, i have completed the game and am only on lvl 4 so getting to level 10 will be a grind.

Thats it, in the end the single player ends up being dodge dodge special move combo. Dodge dodge special move combo.

It would make a good kids game, or party game in tournament mode. But its no hard core fighting game like MK or SF.

Cheers

Yeah the XP thing is stupid! I jsut finished the end game boss and only just made it to level 4.

So I recon I have to replay the story about 50 times or so to get level 10. Not gonna happen, going to stop at 800G on this one.

You don't have to replay the whole story to level up! I'm level 10 and it was not that hard. I just made some Online match and rematch Mag X a couple of time to gain XP!