Fable 2 or Fable 3?

Rymt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is interesting. I played in the same backwards order as you and enjoyed Fable III more. The popular opinion is the 2nd game is better than the 3rd, or even that the the 3rd is complete garbage. I have to disagree. I'm not sure if it has to do with playing Fable III first or not, but I enjoyed the storyline more. Neither game is memorable... but I think they are worth playing if you want a more lighthearted RPG. Also the achievements are generally quite easy, except for a few that are glitched.

Funny though, my boyfriend also played them in reverse order, but still prefers 2. I can't remember his reasons, and he's not here for me to ask him, but I know he prefers 2 to 3.

It all depends. For co-op 3 because no real customization and more people will be more likely to be playing 3. Also 2 had too many exploitable tricks to speed it along. For length 2 i guess. For story i didnt care either way. Its easier in two since you didn't need to invest in repairing all you own like you did in three. So overall it was a toss up to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Never really had a problem with bugs myself, but Fable 3 did piss me off to a huge degree when it jumped from 121 days to the final battle to the final battle while I had my entire fortune invested in real estate, then autosaved on me. It then had the audacity to blame me for the deaths of the 6.5 million citizens of Albion.

Exactly this. Fable 3's ''King descsions'' were way to advertised in the game magazines. It was dumb.

Both are decent but I wasn't in love with either one. I remember enjoying 3 more because I could buy property from the map instead of running around to each individually. Stupid thing to cause a preference, but whatever.

Everyone beats the shit outta Fable 3, but I loved it. I thought Fable 2 was quite average. Maybe because I've never played the first one? I don't know.

Everyone beats the shit outta Fable 3, but I loved it. I thought Fable 2 was quite average. Maybe because I've never played the first one? I don't know.

Fable III wasn't a bad game, it's just that it felt dumbed down in a lot of different areas. One being that you couldn't choose the expression you wanted to use. Another being that the customization sucked.

Bear in mind that Fable 2 required you to get the Pub Games to unlock something (can't remember what off hand), and it has that stupid doll collectable thing as well.

The achivements in II were aweosme. You didn't have to do anything really lol. I remember I helped a guy get his last achivement ''Gift anything to an xbox live friend'' I did to this one guy from this website and he helped me get 99% of the achivements in 3 hours non stop. I have 1000 GS in that game now. LOL. You only needed someone that had all of the game's achivements. ''Witness a Hero do something or do it yourself'' is why. I had a much better time in II. Now since I think about it II was badass worth my 5$ now to do an evil playthrough for fun lol.

The community for both games is mostly dead.. So getting achievements like "DollCatcher" and "We Need Guns, Lots of Guns" are annoying to try and do. Especially the gun achievement because the game saves after every single gift. So anyone with all guns will rarely gift them because it takes forever to gift a moderate amount of weapons.

I just 1000'd both games today... I'd say buy something else, They are fun for a while but quickly get boring. Whether your decision is good or evil it makes little difference in the end. The only decisions that make a difference are Fable 3's decisions as King/Queen and that effects mostly scenery, Not much else.

Also, There isn't much to do after completing the game... Sure you could go back and do another playthrough as Good/Evil, Whichever you didn't choose your first time. In the end, Your just doing the same thing you did last time but people have slightly different things to say to you that are not entirely worth the trouble.

*Note: I can't speak for Fable 1 since i played it as a little kid and hardly remember it.

OP Should not get either one from On demand. Fable II is 5$ at Gamestop and Fable 3 is 8$ at Gamestop. As stated before I got 3 free. ANd have 555 GS in it. I don't have the time to do an evil playthrough and then a third good playthrough again. I knew I should have stopped the story by the last mission,now everyones dead. (Cause this time I made all my descions I would make in real life,all good choices,I had no $ in the bank lol,I pretended Logan was crazy and there was no dark entinty.) The missions in 2 were much more fun to do and had black and white choices. In 3 the choices were scarce and generic. In III the missions were stale and generic. Simply put Use you"re MS points elsewere. Ignore III get II somewere else.

• 3 months later...
Isn't Fable 3 still free? If it is go for that. Not a bad game at all and the price is right :)

Fable 3 is free now till the end of June so like another week. I really like what they tried to do with Fable 2 but it seemed that they didn't get to finish the game so there are some things that went missing or buggy. Fable 2 seemed more polished in that sense and that game was loaded with glitches.

I say get Fable 3 while it is free if you haven't already, if not then wait till they remake Fable 1. At least that game was completed.