Shinsetsu

OK so to get the wizard hat you need to win without any creature cards. How is this possible?

You can win by using symbols on a map with a temple. One way may be to fill your deck with movement altering cards like Haste and Holy Word 10, Cards that increase the value of symbols and mass destruction cards like Insect Swarm. Buy symbols in whatever your opponent's primary color is, let him jack the price up, sell all of your symbols then blow up his creatures. Repeat.

These sorts of games end up long and boring, but if you play your cards right (PUN!) you can get the Storm Causer weapon for destroying 10 creatures at once as well.

OK so to get the wizard hat you need to win without any creature cards. How is this possible?

I played on a map large enough to ensure i had choices to "not" land on their creatures and filled my deck with cards that either helped movement or stolemagic.. and set the game to 1000g. Also set the map to neutral lands so the opponent will not build chains as he puts his guys down.

It may have taken a try or two to pull off, but the games where about 10 min max. Basic idea of doing it this way is to make fast laps and steal his stuff.

just fyi, there is no such thing as holy word 10 in this game. set it to a 10 round limit, all spells. all spells, done in 10 turns.

No holy word 10 makes me sad. It was one of my favorites in the PS2 Culdcept. I'd assumed it was in Saga and I just hadn't gotten it yet. :confused:

I didn't know you could unlock avatar parts and the such on a 1000g game. Good to know.

It was my understanding that if you change the number of rounds then you can no longer select story mode opponents.. thus no avatar parts unlocked.

Setting the match to 10 rounds is great for farming cards, but isn't going to help you get any avatar parts.

It was my understanding that if you change the number of rounds then you can no longer select story mode opponents.. thus no avatar parts unlocked.

Setting the match to 10 rounds is great for farming cards, but isn't going to help you get any avatar parts.

yes, that is correct, but there are three parts to setting up the match. the first part you cannot mess with any of the settings or no avatar parts will unlock, then you select whichever level you want to play on. lastly you can change anything you want and it will allow avatar parts to unlock. the round default is set 10-99R i believe. so you can change it to 10R and you will be fine. that is how i got my 2v1 win. i chose the arrow map, then raced around with all spells.

Ah yes, your correct. I forgot that i did it that way to knock off a few quick parts myself when i started grabbing them. I didn't have much success with the 2v1 on 10 round games but i had less cards when i tried it that way.

One thing i will note, I used the 3v1 game to do the 90k total magic game. Once you have controll and several Lv 5 lands you can continually exhaust oponents before they have a chance to build up and you still get the full toll every time they land. I actually completed the last 30-60k in about 30 min compared to a couple hours for the first portion.

magic 8-ball says to equip your deck with a bunch of mass damage cards. i would wait until obviously 10 creatures or more are on the board. then wait til you have a tempest and an insect swarm in your hand together. 20 damage to all creatures, then 20 damage to all creatures that have sustained damage. set all lands to neutral so the opponent doesnt level up and acumulate too much in gold. i did it before i found out about the setting all lands to neutral....my opponent leveled up a bunch of stuff to level 5, and after i wiped out all the creatures on the board, i quickly landed on the empty level 5s and took them over for free. i also exhausted magic about 10 times doing it this way and got my jester's hat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Man, that stinks.. I did go back and play the last level again to get the E card.

Ugh, I don't think I have the time or patience to run through Story Mode levels 100 times. It's too bad they made that particular bit so retarded -- I was enjoying getting the other parts, they were pretty creative.

• 1 month later...
story mode only. if you go back and replay the entire game to get the special cards, more importantly finish the last level of the game for the second time, your story mode win count will be reset. so, dont do this.

is there way way to check how many times i've beat them? i've been playing this game forever and those are the last two parts (and alst single player achievement) i need. it's getting really tedious lol

• 1 month later...
is there any trick to getting yourself exhausted and then winning for the jester armor? ive came close a few times but can never exhaust myself. any hints or tricks would be appreciated :p

one of two options:

1) do this during your match that you need to set to 90,000g. that way you can just run around the board and try and land onto opps territories.

2) set up a match that you can work your way around the board and purposely land on opps territories in combination of casting expensive cards. ie] use up all your gold and avoid hitting any towers or castles that would replenish your gold, then land on opps lands.

either way, make sure you set the gold limit high enough to where you can allow yourself to come back. perhaps throw in some mass damage spells so you can wipe out whatever lands that your opp has already built up, after you have exhausted yourself.

one of two options:

1) do this during your match that you need to set to 90,000g. that way you can just run around the board and try and land onto opps territories.

2) set up a match that you can work your way around the board and purposely land on opps territories in combination of casting expensive cards. ie] use up all your gold and avoid hitting any towers or castles that would replenish your gold, then land on opps lands.

either way, make sure you set the gold limit high enough to where you can allow yourself to come back. perhaps throw in some mass damage spells so you can wipe out whatever lands that your opp has already built up, after you have exhausted yourself.

You should save the 90,000g goal for a massive avatar parts/achievement grab. Play on a decent size map against Meltia (green cepter). Lock her down with kelpies/reflects at the castle and start dropping all your dragons, ogres & idols (have one of each in your hand) for the achievements. You could possibly drop gears if you let her go of her kelpie prison. There are a lot of non-achievement avatar parts to be grabbed as well (like the dwarven helm & armor). You could try to exhaust yourself in the beginning before you lock her down.

• 1 month later...

Update. I finally got my 100 story mode wins. I did most of them against Faustina in past stage Santana Village. I got my time down to 18-22 rounds most of the time and that was roughly 5 laps. My tips for somebody with fewer cards, or not all the best cards (as I didn't have kelpies and stuff), would be to run the following:

Green/Yellow deck;

Include hypno slothes, wolverines, centaurs, harpies. I ran Leshy and a few others for a while but I found those 4 creatures easiest to play and most helpful, 4 of each.

Items were the green and yellow neutralization shields, and some plate mail incase she drew Nuclear Fusion.

As for spells, hustles were fantastic, ran holy words 0 and 1, drain magic is OK but she didn't have a lot of cash on hand most of the time so I dropped those later on. Be sure to run some Prognosis/Enlightenments to make activating hypno slothes and such easier.

If you get what you need at the right time you can kill her in 15-16 rounds.. Doesn't happen often though. Just crank up a few wolverines and she drops quick if you can hold her down with Holy 0s. Rinse and repeat... Very painful grind.