185 000 any tips

cady1992

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cady, I'm at the same point you are with this game and think I know how to get the final achievement. If we play a 2 player game on insane mode and make it through the entire game without having to restart a level we should get it. Send a friend request to Bobby Blane3 if you are interested in getting this achievement with me.

Use the 2 controller method to make your super weapon more powerful, but make sure your other controller doesn't kill anything otherwise you wont get points.

Also.... Pickup every weapon upgrade you see and when u get the Blue Super cannon, destroy meteors! I picked up like 6,000pts from meteors alone and that boosted me over 185,000. Take them out in groups when you see harded to kill enemies. Surefire 185,000 (assuming you survive the game.) I did this on normal difficulty.

Hope that helps, happy hunting!

Ya two controllers on Normal difficulty will get ya the achievement as long as you get all powerups and kill as many Meteors as you can.

Another way is to more or less solo insane mode, with a friend only shooting to bring you back to life and them just constantly dodging. Me and my friend beat it on insane and he got 130K and I got 108K points with both of us shooting. So you can do it that way as long as the other guy sits back and brings ya back to life.

:eek::woop: I DID IT!

189K! Currently number 453 in the world... but here is the kicker...

I did it by myself... with one control... on normal.

Yes... it is possible... If you can get around 119K by the start of the last level... and you own the hell out of the rest of the game... it can be done... last guy is 20K...

and I never thought I would say it... but... WOOT!

:eek::woop: I DID IT!

189K! Currently number 453 in the world... but here is the kicker...

I did it by myself... with one control... on normal.

Yes... it is possible... If you can get around 119K by the start of the last level... and you own the hell out of the rest of the game... it can be done... last guy is 20K...

and I never thought I would say it... but... WOOT!

Yeah I just finished the game without resetting the points on Normal and got 158,900. This is a tough one. Too bad I was logged off :(

Play a Co-op game on Insane with Just 1 other person i found out that you dont get more points for kills but there are more enemys then when u start the Person going for it is the offense guy the other guy is a defense guy he doesnt shoot anything unless the other guy is about to die or overwhelming ships on the screen Then

Offense - Gets the rockets and the lasers

Defense- Gets the sheilds and the crate things thst stop enemys

Now when ever u are about to use a power up the defense guy just attaches so u can do more dammage but he does not shoot at anytime untill he has to!!!!

KEY- Denfense is almost always attached with a sheild if not you wont beat most of the game

I recived 185,000 after i defeted the first boss on level 6 i couldve potentilly got over 200k but didnt feel like it so there is room for error but u dont want there to be if you are not good at the final boss because it takes alot of skill and time

thus in conclusion if you have a good partner you will do fine if your feeling fustured or dont understand what ive said send a FR and ill help you

BIG KEY-If You do not get a rocket or laser power up in your co-op game by the time you cross over the meators at the very start of the level start over you will recive more rockets and lasers throughout if you get one before that point

I know i thought of something else but i dont remember now but Good luck and let me know if this stragety works for any 1

I went through the game by myself on normal.

I only used rockets for swarms of the snakes and lasers for the purple ships and green mama ships.

I used my normal guns on everything else and focused on destroying everyone i could.

I had 165.9k at the last boss and his 20k victory put me over 185k.

fun game.

I actually got this on my second time through normal mode 1P, didn't get it first time cause I lost my last life during the final boss. The key to it is just trying to destroy as many enemies as you can, and pick up every powerup and use it up, especially the laser and homing rockets. I got a score of 189k by myself, so its possible to solo it.

I did it playing 2P on Insane. I grabbed all the offensive powerups and my friend got defensive. He still shot the entire time though. I finished with 195k and he had 136k. So you don't even really need to go to the extreme of one person really limiting their attacking.

I may have to try a two or even three controller approach but I'm the only one playing and see what kind of score I can get. Also didn't know that destroying the mines gave points.