185 000 any tips

cady1992

I just got 191K on Normal by myself.

It's actually pretty simple when you really put your mind to it. Just make sure to kill as many ships as possible and pick up every powerup even if you don't need it, same with health, pick them up even with full health. If I had 2-3 charges on a powerup, I just used them up right before the next powerup went off screen and nabbed it. When you have the beam destroy the red rocks as well.

Basically, it all comes down to getting all the powerups and using them in the best possible situation to kill the enemies.

Good luck!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got this on my second time through normal mode 1P, didn't get it first time cause I lost my last life during the final boss. The key to it is just trying to destroy as many enemies as you can, and pick up every powerup and use it up, especially the laser and homing rockets. I got a score of 189k by myself, so its possible to solo it.

Boo. My second time through normal I got 184,490 (I think). Just did it a few hours ago. The next time I should be golden.

Boo. My second time through normal I got 184,490 (I think). Just did it a few hours ago. The next time I should be golden.
Ha - I did the same thing, just had 184,700. I had actually messaged about 5 guys on my friends list about that score, something to the effect of, "look at this 'ish". I relocated for an hour or so in the house and then played again getting 186k to unlock the achievement, and by the time most of my friends got the message they were like "wtf?"

Darn that's so close!!! Hope you get it next time. I will try the tips suggested on this thread. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

They Ace achievement is pretty easy. Did it on normal with 2 controlers. What i did is combine both ships and just use one to shoot with and by the time the game ended i ended up with 186.050 as a final score.. Hopes this help

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Imapimp420o, what's the point of ONLY playing arcade games? I looked at your sig, and all you play is arcade games.

My tip that I hope will work is have my brother play with me and just connect and not shoot, on normal. Hope that works,,,

What the heck..., why can't he play just Arcade games if he wants to? Sheesh..., leave the guy alone. There are plenty of ppl who play but Arcade. There's even a SKU for Arcade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Imapimp420o, what's the point of ONLY playing arcade games? I looked at your sig, and all you play is arcade games.

My tip that I hope will work is have my brother play with me and just connect and not shoot, on normal. Hope that works,,,

shouldn't he be allowed to play whatever he wants? Mostly all I play is xbla games too, what's your point?

About the 185k, I'm only short 4,000 myself playing solo on normal, you just have to try real hard to kill every single enemy and just do your best.

really easy achievement send a message to someone on the aegis wing leaderboards they will always usually help have them fly for u as u shoot i ended the game with almost 250 000 pts on normal and i didnt even die once.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/x+johnson+4.png

I got it playing single player on normal, just don't suck at shooters in general and use lazers to shoot those red orbs as much as you can, but try to kill enemy ships at the same time too... Also, get any power ups and health ups you can, even if you don't need them... Just use your previous weapon power up the best you can until the very last second then get the not wanted power up and use it the best you can... If you cannot get Ace single player by yourself, there's no reason to even get it...

If you really want this achievement, get it in single player by yourself, that way you can retain some self respect... ^_^

• 8 months later...