So what happens when the Next Xbox comes out??

SpideR NY

I have an idea of what they should do (but doubt they will). I think they should give you a 1 time lump sum of achievement points from this gen towards your score on the Xbox 720 or whatever. I think like 10%. It's not a big enough number to totally mess up next gen scores, but gives their repeat customers a bonus. So we are clear, I have like 48,000 gamer score, so I would have a bonus 4,800 on the next Xbox.

What do you think?

Any other ideas?

Would you not move to next gen to keep getting more points for this gen if no points moved over?

Has Microsoft said anything about this?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they will ever do that. I could see them doing something similar to the "Year" logo to show how many years you have been on Xbox Live. Maybe give another badge for the the previous console.

If they do that, they should have one for each Xbox of mine that has RROD.

Personally, im hoping for like 2 different section on your profile.. Xbox 360 and Xbox 720 ( DO NOT tell me its not gonna be called that, i know this but what else can i say for now?)

Xbox 360 will ofcourse hold all achievements tied to games playable on the current console.

Xbox 720 will have all the achievements only playable on the next gen system.

Pretty simple, and you dont have to view the old Xbox achievements unless you want to.

Hell, maybe they will have a Arcade, GFWL section and Windows Phone 7 (if the phone isn't dead by then xD) section as well?

I hope you can get achievements, and then be able to DELETE them and get them again!

I would do this with Left 4 Dead. Absolutely love that game.

And I would do it with achievements that has no time stamp! I hate getting disconnected, forgetting to sign back in after connection is fixed, then get an achievement -.- I don't know why it doesn't do it automatically, but that's my luck.

Gamerscore is attached to your XBox gamertag. Obviously it is going to transfer over to the next Xbox, just as it transferred over from the original XBox to the 360.

Honestly, I'm amazed it's not very obvious that they'd just transfer over the gamercard and account to, at minimum, the next generation of console. I mean, LIVE will be integrated into all Microsoft products soon enough. Seems like a step backwards to abandon it in the next-gen

This. I suppose we're overlooking all the young'ns who were in diapers when the 360 first came out. lol

Would love to see purchased Premium Themes on the next Xbox console and its dashboard, but going by the last major dashboard update, it won't happen.

Microsoft sure don't know how to future-proof our purchases!

And no, I would rather start with a fresh GS. Not like I have a lot now, but perhaps in remembrance, they can have your Xbox 360 GS shown somewhere on your new profile.

Personally, im hoping for like 2 different section on your profile.. Xbox 360 and Xbox 720 ( DO NOT tell me its not gonna be called that, i know this but what else can i say for now?)

Xbox 360 will ofcourse hold all achievements tied to games playable on the current console.

Xbox 720 will have all the achievements only playable on the next gen system.

Pretty simple, and you dont have to view the old Xbox achievements unless you want to.

Hell, maybe they will have a Arcade, GFWL section and Windows Phone 7 (if the phone isn't dead by then xD) section as well?

Way to complicate things more than they need to be. I think it's fine the way it is. All your achievements, regardless of platform, on one card and in one place.

Of course, making a note on the game itself what platform it is for might be nice, or having the option to view separate platforms would be cool.

But I can already do all that on TA so what do I care....