Quick Melee Question

The Zen Ninja

So I've played with both digital and analog controls and they both have their perks.

I'm thinking about keeping analog forever but... I wanted to know if there is a way to perform the directional attacks while using digital?

I tried doing commands like in a few other games where if i held leftstick up while attacking to pull off an overhead attack but it wouldnt work on digital.

im pretty sure the only way to utilize that joystick directional attack is on the 'analog stick controls.' if you go back to default, RT to swing, then i cannot see any possible way to still use the directional swing. i hope that answered your question.

not sure why you would want to use the analog stick controls, but i suppose everybody is different. i found them to be very awkward, and a grind even up to the last kill for that achievement. just me, but i find the analog controls to be more of a hassle.

thanks a lot.

I just like the vertical attacks and the increase control of your melee.

an uppercut with brass knuckles is a very good move but when using digital i am stuck with jabs and hooks. The same for any overhead attack with a blunt item...great results indeed.

The controls are a bit awkward though so I will give you that. Trying to aim while swinging is a pain.