EXP Glitches after latest patch

Alias DJA

Having just gone through a few glitches, being the Big Town / Bittercup Scenario, and the Mister Sandman Perk for the Smiths house, neither of these glitches work anymore.

Anybody have a head up for any that still stand....as much as i would love to hunt deathclaws all day in old olney

Alias DJA

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=145121

That's what I did. It works great, I leveled up from 23 or so to 30 in 10 minutes at the most.

Here's a video for it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfzJNsJn9sw]YouTube - Fallout 3::Scrap metal Glitch::INFINITE XP AND CAPS!!!!!!![/ame]

Having just gone through a few glitches, being the Big Town / Bittercup Scenario, and the Mister Sandman Perk for the Smiths house, neither of these glitches work anymore.

Yeah, Sandman and most of the speech glitches have been fixed now, it's just the scrap metal glitch and Beth will most likely fix that when they release the next DLC, since everyone's making such a noise about it.

On a related note, has anyone noticed the XP curve behaving weirdly? I changed difficulties from Normal to Very Hard and wasn't gaining any extra XP, then tried switching from Very Hard to Easy and the amount of XP I get is all over the place, some Super Mutants are +10xp, some are +7, some are +18 and Enclave soldiers are only +38 when I used to get +50 from them. Raiders are the worst, i'm used to getting +30 a head but now for some reson they're only +10.

Changing the difficulty does nothing, it's almost as if changing your difficulty too much screws up your xp and locks it on very easy. I've only noticed this since Broken Steel came out.

Yeah, Sandman and most of the speech glitches have been fixed now, it's just the scrap metal glitch and Beth will most likely fix that when they release the next DLC, since everyone's making such a noise about it.

On a related note, has anyone noticed the XP curve behaving weirdly? I changed difficulties from Normal to Very Hard and wasn't gaining any extra XP, then tried switching from Very Hard to Easy and the amount of XP I get is all over the place, some Super Mutants are +10xp, some are +7, some are +18 and Enclave soldiers are only +38 when I used to get +50 from them. Raiders are the worst, i'm used to getting +30 a head but now for some reson they're only +10.

Changing the difficulty does nothing, it's almost as if changing your difficulty too much screws up your xp and locks it on very easy. I've only noticed this since Broken Steel came out.

Cannot say I saw this after the latest update. I was killing alot of Supermutants to get to level 30. All at Outcast Outpost and cant say that I ever saw a curve in the XP that I recieved throughout. I played through on Hard difficulty so don't know why there would be a difference.

arggg! so i sold him 16 scrap metal, dropped a stealthboy, stole it back, sold him 14, and every time i steal it back, and then steal back his laser pistol, the scrap metal remains in my inventory and he attacks me with a ripper when i come out of sneak. arrg! plz help

arggg! so i sold him 16 scrap metal, dropped a stealthboy, stole it back, sold him 14, and every time i steal it back, and then steal back his laser pistol, the scrap metal remains in my inventory and he attacks me with a ripper when i come out of sneak. arrg! plz help

Your not watching the video properly.

Sell 16, sneak behind and steal them back - no stealth

Sell 14, use stealth boy, steal all 14 back

Go behind again, making sure there is nobody around - steal Lazer Pistol

Fast track to Water Plant, Megaton. Sell Metal, 3rd option down, press A 5 times, down three, A x 5, down three, so on so forth.

This glitch is awsome. Though it couldnt work for my main save as i slaughtered the outcasts, but had to re-load a game from 40 hours gameplay in comparison from 112 hours total. Achievements sorted, and main game still in tact. Special thanks to Pashos18, request on its way. Glad i didnt persue the Knock Knock loop in Lamplight now :-)

Alias DJA

Edited by Alias DJA

I believe your own level is included in the formula for the EXP you will gain when you kill an enemy. For example when you kill a level 10 monster and you are level 10 yourself you will get normal exp, but if you are level 25 you perhaps will only gain half the amount of exp

the scrap metal glitch doesn't work for everybody. there's been a lot of people that have never gotten it to work unless they start a new game. so if your just looking to get the achievements only, then you'll have to start a new game. other wise if you want your char to be maxed out, grinding is the only way to do it now.

the scrap metal glitch didnt work for me, but it didnt take long to grind from 26 (which is what i was after finishing broken steel) to 30, just visit different places known to have lots of enemies, and crank the difficulty up to very hard.

here's a list of good locations;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_power_leveling

Ah, no I don't. I bought the retail disc of Pitt/Anchorage on Tuesday and that's what I've been playing. I've seen some posts where people are saying that they are leveling up during Anchorage and/or The Pitt, so... Do I have to play Broken Steel and THEN these expansions or just Broken Steel?

Ah, no I don't. I bought the retail disc of Pitt/Anchorage on Tuesday and that's what I've been playing. I've seen some posts where people are saying that they are leveling up during Anchorage and/or The Pitt, so... Do I have to play Broken Steel and THEN these expansions or just Broken Steel?

Once you buy Broken Steel, it increases the level cap to 30. You can then do Anchorage/Pitt or just roam around Capitol Wasteland and level up before even looking at Broken Steel.

Would clearing the update work?

yes, clearing the updates would make every old glitch work.

How to Clear updates

1. Go to the System blade.

2. Select Memory.

3. Press Y on the HD symbol.

4. Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X.

5. A message will appear saying Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

6. Select Yes.

When you put in Fallout 3 it will ask you to update it. Press No and you're free to do any patched glitch

Once you buy Broken Steel, it increases the level cap to 30. You can then do Anchorage/Pitt or just roam around Capitol Wasteland and level up before even looking at Broken Steel.

You mean I'm allowed to hunt for 100 ingots again? Yay! :p

Seriously though thanks for the info.

yes, clearing the updates would make every old glitch work.

How to Clear updates

1. Go to the System blade.

2. Select Memory.

3. Press Y on the HD symbol.

4. Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X.

5. A message will appear saying Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

6. Select Yes.

When you put in Fallout 3 it will ask you to update it. Press No and you're free to do any patched glitch

I tested this and you can't get the level 30 Achievements this way....

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've decided to come back to Fallout 3. It took me ages to get 39 achievements.

The problem is, I've completed "Take it Back!" and I also missed the very first bobble head.

Is it worth continuing, or should I just restart now, since I haven't played in over a year anyway.

I feel like I already know the answer but, I'm just hoping there is a way around my mistake.

I've decided to come back to Fallout 3. It took me ages to get 39 achievements.

The problem is, I've completed "Take it Back!" and I also missed the very first bobble head.

Is it worth continuing, or should I just restart now, since I haven't played in over a year anyway.

I feel like I already know the answer but, I'm just hoping there is a way around my mistake.

No, there isn't. Now would be a good time to start a new character. If you haven't played in a year, then there is really no reason not to, anyway. Of course, that being said, if you really don't want to make a new character, then you could just get all the achievements you can on your existing one and then do a speed run later to get all the bobble heads on a new save made just for that, unless of course there are other achievements that you've missed or something.