[Guide] Field Engineer Onyx Medal FAST!

vietxx

Enjoy guys! Please Subscribe if it help thanks :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZwRQ0HAiY]Gears of War 3: How to Get a Onyx Medal Fast (Field Engineer) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M08O-ZB7uVs]Gears of War 3: Different way to Get Onyx Medal Fast for Field Engineer - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by vietxx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, going to do this to get my third onyx *Working on Doorman to be my 2nd.

For sure going to do this. Thanks for the video.

NP! im glad to help ya. Im gonna be pumping out more videos later once i find for tricks and hints :) sub if ya want

Yea, wish I had one of those gamestop turbo controllers, and keep it pressed so it does it for me lol.

Yea I got War Supporter/Field Egineer Onyx now. Working on doorman then whatever else comes up thats easy and quick :p

nice! im looking into more tricks to get onyx medals i will let ya know if i find any! subscribe to my youtube channel! please and thank you! youtube.com/viietx

whenever my friend and i try and do this we hardly ever earn the combat engineer ribbon (make 5 fortification modifications in 1 round). we get it sometimes but hardly ever. Even when playing normally and upgrading/repairing 5 different defenses the ribbon still doesn't pop.

Also regarding the video in the OP, I can seem to reload the ammo as fast as the player in the vid. My character goes so slow and I can only get a fraction of the modifications that he can.

whenever my friend and i try and do this we hardly ever earn the combat engineer ribbon (make 5 fortification modifications in 1 round). we get it sometimes but hardly ever. Even when playing normally and upgrading/repairing 5 different defenses the ribbon still doesn't pop.

Also regarding the video in the OP, I can seem to reload the ammo as fast as the player in the vid. My character goes so slow and I can only get a fraction of the modifications that he can.

To reload as fast you gotta be host. I notice that too earlier today

Fastest possible Manned Turret upgrading?

2 controllers, Private Horde

Difficulty:Insane

Map: Checkout

Starting Wave: 1

Mutators: Friendly Fire

1. Have guest give you his money (Aim using LT, then B 2x)

2. Build the nearest base (this will give you a founder ribbon, architect medal progress)

3. Build the nearest turret

4. Stand close to the turret and hold RT while pressing Y as fast as you can (earns you Field Engineer medal progress and combat engineer ribbons which you need to unlock Infinite Ammo mutator)

5. when time runs out, destroy the turret, down and revive your guest 2 times, then stand next to him and a ticker will usually kill both of you.

6. Choose "Restart from Beginning" (if you restart current wave, you won't get a founder ribbon)

By the time I unlocked infinite ammo, my Turret was level 6 (halfway to 7).

using this method, i had maxed out field engineer 3 times by the time i got infinite ammo.

make a video of this method maybe?

okay but that still doesn't explain why the field engineer seem to be glitched. Myself and 2 other friends hardly ever get it when doing this method or going for it in regular horde.

if you are talking about the combat engineer ribbon, that can only be attained once in a 10 wave set. if you play all 50 waves, you can only get 5 of them.

using the method above, you can get 100 of them in 100 waves (die, then restart from beginning)