Favorite Zombie Game??

FatallyDevoted

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to like State of Decay. While it's not the smoothest-running game out there (it is an XBLA game, after all), it's certainly ambitious. You have to scavenge for supplies, keep up morale among fellow survivors, set up outposts, and even rest your characters (using the same person for a long time lowers their stamina). There are a few problems here and there (no multiplayer?!) but it's still pretty decent for a zombie survival game... and a hell of a lot better than Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

My favorite zombie game would have to be The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. Now mind you, it's not your typical generic zombie game, but it's during a zombie apocalypse so that should count for something, hopefully. If it doesn't count though, then I'd say Resident Evil 6 is my favorite zombie game.

Toss up between Dead Island and Dead Rising, both are awesome in their own way. The zombie mayhem tends to come in frantic, brutal bursts in DI whereas in DR its constant but more manageable on the whole.

I just love the whole leveling up system and weapon customization in DI

L4D would prolly be my no.1 in terms of atmosphere and fear factor (shitting yourself when the 'tank' music comes on or when you hear the zombie shriek before a mad stampede and have to find somewhere to plant yourself) but all in all I prefer the longer games with a story and progression.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as many hours I put in Left 4 Dead

That one is a ''NO BRAINER'' :)

Dead Island would be a close second cause after 40 hours it became a grind fest to get from level 40 to 50 I was getting ''Bored To Death'' :)

Deadrising 2 was awesome as well. The first is still a great game after all these years.

Only Zombie Game's I've played are Undead Nightmare (Red Dead Redemption) and that was pretty good.

Want to play Left 4 Dead & State of Decay as they look really great, only problem can't get State of Decay in NZ. Hopefully it will be here soon.

Call of Duty: World at War zombie mode, yes it is glitch as hell, but this was the basics of FPS zombie games that we have today. (And no I do not count House of the Dead as the basics of FPS :p)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17vizEovB1rp2gamo1_400.jpg

However I believe everyone should try this game out :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2Ogzz7kTVz9U4je21mtCtT1zYRvSPNZUrYGfJfFDBnongkX7Fdg

Quite funny typing words to kill zombies (the phrase the pen is mightier than the "bullet?" comes to mind)

Edited by VirtualShakey
Typing of the Dead