Non-removable Quest Items

Nevander

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
however, i havent found a way to get rid of gallus's encoded journal

Speaking of journals, books and notebooks, are we supposed to keep them or sell the ones that we can sell? I have a dozen or so and they all seem to be bound in a red cover. I don't want to dump them and need them later on.

Speaking of journals, books and notebooks, are we supposed to keep them or sell the ones that we can sell? I have a dozen or so and they all seem to be bound in a red cover. I don't want to dump them and need them later on.

There's really no point in keeping them. If they don't have any sentimental value or price on them, go ahead and drop it. Though I recommend you keep the Alchemy shortcut notes (for example, Paralysis = Briar Heart + Swamp Fungal Pod) and the Inheritance Letters to remind yourself who has already unfortunately died.

There's really no point in keeping them. If they don't have any sentimental value or price on them, go ahead and drop it. Though I recommend you keep the Alchemy shortcut notes (for example, Paralysis = Briar Heart + Swamp Fungal Pod) and the Inheritance Letters to remind yourself who has already unfortunately died.

Thanks! :). I was worried I might need one of them down the road, for whatever reason.

• 5 months later...
For some reason I have two amulet of talos and I cant store or get rid of either of them.

You must finish the Forsworn quests to get rid of these amulets. I have 6 of them myself. Once you meet with the guy (you know, that guy...), you should be able to remove these things.

Same here. Have a few other things I'm not sure what quest they are for, one I can think of offhand is someone's alembic. I grabbed it thinking for a second maybe I stumbled onto some portable alchemy equipment like in Oblivion, but nope, should have known better!

That belongs to Alendir, who is in the College of Magic. You got like 100-200 septims and a cheesy soul gem in exchange.

• 1 month later...
strange amulet: can't be used or sold, can only get rid of it if you do the blood on the ice quest correctly

I have this in my inventory,i just looked it up on the Wikia,it does mention a few tricks to get rid of it

-Although the Amulet cannot be sold or dropped even after the quest has been completed (due to it still being regarded as a Quest item), it can be "given" to the corpse of Susanna the Wicked or Arivanya.

-If the player managed to save Arivanya from being murdered, they can put the Strange Amulet into her inventory by pickpocketing her and giving it to her.

All,very good,however the Amulet does not weigh anything so it's not that much of a burden

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_Amulet