EASY Unstoppable: Ice Forest

cassetto

Finally after a lot of time i found a simply and pretty quick way to get this very hard achievement without farming like a mad for some aesir piece.

i managed to achieve it with a level 10 defender. yeah. that's right.

here's my advice:

1. create a new character, defender (human or cybernetic doesent matter because you'll never allocate points in the second page)

2. play hoh. play normally, just be sure to reach level 10 (in case you don't just replay a chapter)

3. start ice forest (campaign mode). use all the well-known advices for unstoppable achievements.

- focus on defense, use ONLY the middle tree, power up armor, damage reduction etc. but do not allocate points on sentient.

- play very SLOW, run back use a slug/laser second fire to split the enemies

- abuse the spider. every time you attack a group of enemies use it. then after the combat wait and recharge it

- abuse battlecry. the defender has one of the most powerful battlecries in the game. it reflects the status (BE CAREFUL, NOT THE DAMAGE!) of the polarity enemies to them. very very very useful

- hod battle. do the 4 floors normally but when it comes to hod just RESPEC your tree just to set 10 points to the sentient weapon. kill the elves and then activate it. wait a couple of seconds and the achievement is yours.

p.s. i did it in replay mode so if you do this in campaign mode it will be just easier. in campaign i just died cos i runned into a bunch of fire goblins at the beginning of the level, because i was thinking that the battlecry could REFLECT the damage done by polarity enemies. man, i was wrong.

hope this help!!!

bye!:drunk

Edited by cassetto

• 3 weeks later...
I just tried this and for no reason at all, my guy just die for no reason while being launched on one of the pads. I have no Idea why..... I was at the end too.....

I am guessing that you got hit by a DoT (Damage over time) and it killed you a bit after you took down the last opponent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would have been nice, but there are other options. Being more careful about what you kill where, increasing your health also helps. Armour doesnt do all that much against DoTs unfortunately.

Look here, sir.

If armor is useless, go into battle without it.

If you want to stop/have more resistance against DPS's then use orange and red runes to you, know ... work?

• 4 months later...

I might be retarded, but how can you put 10 points in Sentinel at Lev10?

Edit: nevermind.. at Lev10, you'll have gone up at least 5 levels by the time you reach the end... makes sense.

Any suggestions how to get past the wave of ballistic-immune polarity enemies past the first jump that hardly ever drop a health bonus? Status reflect is great, but no good against the damage they deal when exploded. This is the only part messing around my Lev50 too...

Edited by DeathConvoy

• 2 weeks later...

I finally understand what trouble people have with ballistic-immune trolls... until now, Ive been doing Ice Forest in campaign mode - never again shall I replay Ice Forest, I'd rather play through all the stages again to replay the campaign. Its not enough that they're immune to bullets, laser, plasma and explosives, but they freeze, take away your combo level and/or set you on fire and kill you in a matter of seconds... no thanks, replaying the other stages will add to my charms too.

Indeed, unless you've got your tactics really nailed down and have a decently set up character these are pretty tough to take down, especially when accompanied by other enemies. Hell, in certain situations they can be tough with a maxed out character.

Campaign makes enemies far easier, mainly because the loadouts are set up for one person rather than two.

• 3 months later...

This method worked great for me! I tried this level with a Lvl 50 Champion and it was a nightmare! With my low level Defender I never went to low health (apart from on the last of the annoying platforms during the boss fight) thanks to my invincibility spider and using the sentient weapon at the end made everything a breeze. Thanks for the advice :)

• 1 year later...
Look here, sir.

If armor is useless, go into battle without it.

If you want to stop/have more resistance against DPS's then use orange and red runes to you, know ... work?

Dude never said armor was useless... he said it doesn't do much in protecting you against dots...

this level is easy enough if you just learn which enemies to shoot and which not to. Most of the ballistic resistant enemies all spawn in the same spots on the level. Also many of the polarity enemies don't become active unless you shoot them and if you don't you can melee them to death with no fear of reprucusions. Also for the trolls just jump, do an air finisher, land, do a ruiner, and then they are no threat to anyone.

I have done this level easy without dying on my beserker (human) & even easier with my Commando (Cybernetic). My Commando can tear through this level & if another commando specialzing in rifles using a laser rifle in particular joins this level takes all of about 20 minutes to complete as I constantly knock the enmies down and deal straight damage while my partner uses grenades liberaly taking large chuncks of health out of ballistic resistant enemies by setting them on fire. Balistic resistant trolls go down in seconds with one of taking off their armor and hammer/gun and then shooting them to destract them while the other jumps on their back.

The real threat on this level are the mortar goblins which requre you to come up with the best solution for your character to overcome. My beserker just pinballed between them knocking them all in the air over and over again. My Commando just uses his battle cry and keeps knocking them all down then fierce attacks the ballistic resistant / ploarity enemies.

Edited by DemonRaider1138

It would've worked if I used my Commando properly but sadly I used the wrong gun, laser that is.

I find that Slug + Defender/Commando is more effective than Laser after a number of playthrough (though I skipped 2 years from playing this game) and after recently finishing this level with proper set-up is actually not quite that bad at all. Good thing I'm not a brain surgeon.

Nice work on giving an idea which got lost by number of forums, next thing that comes to bothering my mind on this game is getting a level 3 Charm.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...