Easy Hardcore Achievement

Saber0307

I wouldnt mind knowing this too ;)

Maybe it would still work, try it. I already beat the game 6 times so taking a break from it now that i got everything from the game (except being level 50 and unlocking all weapons)

However, you need to finish it on hard to unlock hardcore and oldschool. Finishing it on normal only won't unlock Hardcore or Oldschool.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it would still work, try it. I already beat the game 6 times so taking a break from it now that i got everything from the game (except being level 50 and unlocking all weapons)

However, you need to finish it on hard to unlock hardcore and oldschool. Finishing it on normal only won't unlock Hardcore or Oldschool.

You finished NYM HC, well congrats sir. I'm saving that for the end. I'm at Level 35 on multiplayer by playing Payne Killer. It's the game mode I do best on and if your good at it you can level up kinda quick. Gang Wars is another mode that works well but sometimes you get on a team that dose not go for the objectives and it gets frustrating.

You finished NYM HC, well congrats sir. I'm saving that for the end. I'm at Level 35 on multiplayer by playing Payne Killer. It's the game mode I do best on and if your good at it you can level up kinda quick. Gang Wars is another mode that works well but sometimes you get on a team that dose not go for the objectives and it gets frustrating.

Yeah, playing gang wars only from time to time. I am enjoying it though so it's all good.

After 7 attempts i managed to finish NYM: HC finally few days ago. It isn't impossible, especially after playing through the game multiple times. Patience, Luck, painkiller locations and knowing the ins and outs of every level is key.

I think Rockstar did something really good this time around. It really shows by some of the people here how they go apeshit crazy when they reach chapter 10 and all they got is 2 or 3 achievements, lol.

The only thing I didn't like was them adding multiplayer achievements. MP achievements are the bane of the MP community because it causes people to play like retards to get the achievements instead of just being a team player. (Ex: GOW3) I know the specific ones for this game aren't as bad as others, I just don't like the idea of achievements at all in multiplayer. It distracts people.

I don't have a problem with the SP achievements, especially now, thanks to the OP's discovery. This really should get added to the achievement guide.

Edited by ColdSpider72

The only thing I didn't like was them adding multiplayer achievements. MP achievements are the bane of the MP community because it causes people to play like retards to get the achievements instead of just being a team player. (Ex: GOW3) I know the specific ones for this game aren't as bad as others, I just don't like the idea of achievements at all in multiplayer. It distracts people.

I don't have a problem with the SP achievements, especially now, thanks to the OP's discovery.

Yeah, i hate them too because it's just a cheap way to make people keep playing the game (worst if its a bad one) and will cause people to not play MP right + boost (not getting it legit then what's the point?)

For me, if i see a guy getting every achievement in an SP game but some of the MP i consider him having the 100% because in gaming, MP was never part of the experience in the first place, especially in the previous gens when you 100% a game, there was no multiplayer bullshit because this is the way to go. It baffles me how the most popular title (COD) doesn't have MP achievements except black ops and now MW3 with it's DLC.

So yeah, to me a 100% is finishing the SP game and everything that has to do with it. Even DLC i don't add them to 100% a game, because its a cheap way to get people to buy the DLC and keep playing. I bet you 60$ if they don't put achievements in DLC of a certain game 90% of the people wont buy them. 10% are the people who care about the game and story or are fans.

The achievement/trophy market is very big and that's why publishers will find a way to nickle and dime it to the very limit. Just like Gears of war 3's what now 1700 - 2000G? give me a break. It's like hey i know you guys won't play our MP so let me get with some MP DLC achievements so you pay me and keep playing/boosting to no end.

Just tried it out and it worked fine, thanks a bunch. A few things to note though, because i did my first play through on hard but kept soft lock on, i only got the medium cheevo. When i then did it on old school and upon trying op's method, i also got the hard achievement as well as the hardcore and old school.

Can I check if need to do old school in free aim?

Also NYC HC, free aim as well?

I personal can't see self getting passed the roof tremors without building falling down. If that happening after 3hrs work, ill think ill turn the controller on myself. Headshot

Thanks for this wonderful tip. During my first play thru on hard I changed to hard lock and negated my completion achievement. This tip saved me a lot of aggravation. I got the Old School achievement then dashboard, continue on Hardcore and BOOM; I got the remaining completion achievements.

Thank You!

Edited by MeSmokeRox

Say you've completed old school but not hardcore, I wonder if you can play through the whole game on easy (since loading the last checkpoint doest work) and then do this when the achievement would appear.

The glitch doesn't seem to work downwards, so you can't get old school from hardcore, but if you can go up then why not from easy to hardcore? Unless there's some tie between old school and hardcore achievements, or the act of unlocking an achievement is somehow the key to unlocking others after having already quit to dashboard, but that seems unlikely.

Just tried playing on easy and using this method to unlock hard but i couldn't get it to work :(

Don't know if maybe i messed up though.

Since you don't get a difficulty ach. for beating the game on easy, i wasn't sure when to dashboard.

So i dashboarded right after i got the Completed Act III (or whatever it's called) ach.

And when i started the game back up i couldn't find an option to change the difficulty in the main menu, so i had to choose continue story and change the difficulty after it had loaded the checkpoint (when you're right behind the plane).

Plus i failed to destroy the plane in time (yeah i know, i suck), so i had to retry.

So i don't know.

Maybe you have to play on normal (unlocking the normal difficulty ach. before you can unlock hard), or maybe it just works on Old School for some reason.

Or like i said, maybe i messed up.

Maybe someone else can try and play the game on easy or normal and see if they can get it to work?

Just tried playing on easy and using this method to unlock hard but i couldn't get it to work :(

Don't know if maybe i messed up though.

Since you don't get a difficulty ach. for beating the game on easy, i wasn't sure when to dashboard.

So i dashboarded right after i got the Completed Act III (or whatever it's called) ach.

And when i started the game back up i couldn't find an option to change the difficulty in the main menu, so i had to choose continue story and change the difficulty after it had loaded the checkpoint (when you're right behind the plane).

Plus i failed to destroy the plane in time (yeah i know, i suck), so i had to retry.

So i don't know.

Maybe you have to play on normal (unlocking the normal difficulty ach. before you can unlock hard), or maybe it just works on Old School for some reason.

Or like i said, maybe i messed up.

Maybe someone else can try and play the game on easy or normal and see if they can get it to work?

It will not work like this. This trick will only work if you DECREASE the difficulty at the end. Increasing the difficult voids the achievement and seeing as Old School is considered harder than Hardcore it will only work Old School to Hardcore and not the other way around.

It will not work like this. This trick will only work if you DECREASE the difficulty at the end. Increasing the difficult voids the achievement and seeing as Old School is considered harder than Hardcore it will only work Old School to Hardcore and not the other way around.

Ah, ok. That explains it.

I thought Hardcore was harder than Old School (although i did wonder why Old School was worth more points than Hardcore).

Thx for clearing it up.