Easy Hardcore Achievement

Saber0307

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now did it and it works great, saved me one less play through.

If I could add one suggestion, to the people that are worried about R* or Microsoft seeing the Old School and Hardcore achievements earned on the same date like myself just log off XBOX Live so no date is shown for when the achievements are earned. I logged off Live when I did this so there is no way I think, or hope that they could tell that I did this exploit, no date is shown when I earned both achievements. Just food for thought and thank you again Saber.

Nice find but come on people...

When you rented this game then use the glitch if it is absolutely necessary.

But when you own this game then play this game on hardcore.

Hardcore is much easier than old shool if you ask me.

I though Old School was fairly easy, just no last stand is all. I just made sure to use my Payne Killers as much as possible. I own the game and really only did this so I can concentrate and practice for the New York Minute Hardcore achievement.

I though Old School was fairly easy, just no last stand is all. I just made sure to use my Payne Killers as much as possible. I own the game and really only did this so I can concentrate and practice for the New York Minute Hardcore achievement.

really? the best practice would've been to play hardcore, it would have provided a challenge. Plus you would've better remembered the spawns of enemys and learn new ways to clear "battles"

You only did this glitch because you're lazy and wanted the achievement the easy way. IDC that you did this, but the excuse as to why makes no sense.

anyways, good luck on your nym runs, they're a bitch when you get around chapter 13.

edit: i guess what i mean is, i agree with taicoon

I think playing through on hardcore is the best way to practice for NYM HC.

You need to play carefully and during the playthrough you will definitely get used to all chapters.

You will know all enemys positions, which way they move and how to clear every room easily.

You learn how to use bullettime wisely because it is f*cking rare.

NYM HC is a walk in the park after your harcore run.

IMO there is no better way to practice for NYM HC.

The only things you are not prepared for are glitches and little mistakes ;)

But at the end everyone decide on there own which is the best way to practice

Edited by TaiCoon

I think playing through on hardcore is the best way to practice for NYM HC.

You need to play carefully and on your playtrough you definitely get used to all chapters.

You know all enemys positions, which way thy move and how to clear every room easily.

You learn how to use bullettime wisely because it is f*cking rare.

NYM HC is a walk in the park after your harcore run.

IMO there is no better way to practice for NYM HC.

The only things you are not prepared for are glitches and little mistakes ;)

hey taicoon, is there an echo in this thread? lol

really? the best practice would've been to play hardcore, it would have provided a challenge. Plus you would've better remembered the spawns of enemys and learn new ways to clear "battles"

You only did this glitch because you're lazy and wanted the achievement the easy way. IDC that you did this, but the excuse as to why makes no sense.

anyways, good luck on your nym runs, they're a bitch when you get around chapter 13.

edit: i guess what i mean is, i agree with taicoon

Practicing for NYM HC was one reason but the other I should have mentioned was I made the mistake of playing my first play through on Medium instead of Hard, I wanted to save myself a play through of course. And I know NYM Hardcore is going to take practice and I still need to reach rank 50 in MP. Also I can go to chapter select, place the difficulty on Hardcore and practice chapter 13 and others chapters that will be tough.

And I'm not lazy when it comes to gamming. I bought the special edition and the R* pass and I'll continue to play the game once I get 1,000 in it where most people on this site won't. Plus I have a shit load of games waiting to be played, Skyrim plus the new DLC at the end of the month, at least 2 playthroughs on Mass Effect 3, NBA2K12, Deus Ex with all the DLC, Batman Arkham City GOTY. And with all the great games comming out in the fall and winter I don't want to get over whelmed. You have a gamerscore of 120,000 +, have you have never took an easy (or lazy) route to get some quick cheevos? Everyone has at one point or another. Look at how many people on this site have Avatar TBE on their gamercard, I know it's a quick 1,000 but you could say it's a lazy 1,000.

P.S.= Thanks for the advice on chapter 13, I had a feeling that chapter was going to be tough, I might go practice that one now.

Edited by MilezDawg

i definitely have been lazy with some achievements, but for games that i love as much as this game (as much as it sounds like you do), i cherish every achievement and am so stoked when i unlock it. The only games i play that are like, "wow you played that game for 1000" are the lego games and i absolutely LOVE those games, i cannot wait for lego batman 2!

But in my original post i said i do not care that you did it. Just the reason why you did it didnt make any sense, so i corrected it by saying you were just being lazy lol.

BTW i dont use my gamerscore as a "bragging right" i just find it fun to unlock achievements, i honestly dont care what my gamerscore is i just enjoy trying to unlock all the achievement on every game i play. Its my own addiction and idc what ppl think of it, i would never brag about getting an achievement or think im cool because of an achievement.

I know you said nothing of the sort in your post, but you mentioned my gamerscore and i had to clarify my addiction, lol.

Edited by i fist brown i

i definitely have been lazy with some achievements, but for games that i love as much as it sounds like you love this game, i cherish every achievement and am so stoked when i unlock it. The only games i play that are like, "wow you played that game for 1000" are the lego games and i absolutely LOVE those games, i cannot wait for lego batman 2!

But in my original post i said i do not care that you did it. Just the reason why you did it didnt make any sense, so i corrected it by saying you were just being lazy lol.

BTW i dont use my gamerscore as a "bragging right" i just find it fun to unlock achievements, i honestly dont care what my gamerscore is i just enjoy trying to unlock all the achievement on every game i play. Its my own addiction and idc what ppl think of it, i would never brag about getting an achievement or think im cool because of an achievement.

I know you said nothing of the sort in your post, but you mentioned my gamerscore and i had to clarify my addiction, lol.

It's cool, no harm no foul. I have a similar obsession with my completion percentage in all R* games, except Table Tennis, still don't know what that was all about. And I'm on a mission to get all the cheevos for Mass Effect 2 and 3, gave up on 1 along time ago.

Like I said I should have played the hard difficulty first instead of medium witch was very easy and really didn't prepare me for the harder difficulties. Plus I used soft lock on the medium difficulty to get the feel of MP3 seeing that it had been years since I played MP2. I'm going to use chapter select to play through the chapters on hardcore that I fell have given me and alot of others trouble. I'm just worried about some glitch or getting sent back to the dashboard when I'm close to beating NYM HC, if that happens I'll need a vailum ASAP, I've heard its happened to quite a number of people and I hope not be one of them.

It's cool, no harm no foul. I have a similar obsession with my completion percentage in all R* games, except Table Tennis, still don't know what that was all about. And I'm on a mission to get all the cheevos for Mass Effect 2 and 3, gave up on 1 along time ago.

Like I said I should have played the hard difficulty first instead of medium witch was very easy and really didn't prepare me for the harder difficulties. Plus I used soft lock on the medium difficulty to get the feel of MP3 seeing that it had been years since I played MP2. I'm going to use chapter select to play through the chapters on hardcore that I fell have given me and alot of others trouble. I'm just worried about some glitch or getting sent back to the dashboard when I'm close to beating NYM HC, if that happens I'll need a vailum ASAP, I've heard its happened to quite a number of people and I hope not be one of them.

dont worry about playing them on hardcore since you have the achievement already, just focus on medium difficulty and memorization of the enemy locations since i feel like the nym difficulty is only medium.

&&&&&SPOILER*****!**!**@#**@*$*@SPOILER*#*@!*!*!*(!*(!!*!!

NYMH is complete luck i feel, like many other users have said already. I know what you're thinking "you're just saying that because you dont have it." but that would be wrong, im just saying that because i have tried twice and both times i died on becker with a random grenade blown right over my cover leading to me restarting.

plus on my nym playthroughs the final guy in chapter 13 gave me plenty of issues. IMO just practice the chapter where you'll have fights with bosses that INSTA-KILL you, like Chapter 13 and chapter 14, plus practice the missions that you struggled with most.

I just have Old School and Hardcore to do, now that I've done NYMH. The question I ask myself (and you all); do I utilise this glitch? Do I deserve to after the shit I've endured, the countless times I've watched the scenes? I say that I've completed the hardest challenge in Max Payne 3, so would it diminish my accomplishment in any way?

I just have Old School and Hardcore to do, now that I've done NYMH. The question I ask myself (and you all); do I utilise this glitch? Do I deserve to after the shit I've endured, the countless times I've watched the scenes? I say that I've completed the hardest challenge in Max Payne 3, so would it diminish my accomplishment in any way?

its all up to you man, who cares what anyone else thinks. IMO nymh is proving and showing off what you learned in all your previous playthroughs and putting it all together to execute a flawless run-through.

even though you beat the game in nymh, HARDCORE will still present a challenge, the question you would have to ask yourself is: do i want to play through the game again without earning much bullet time, dying in 2 bullets and spending hours on levels that ive already beat watching cutscenes ive already seen? if the answer is yes, then sure go for it! but honestly if i knew of the glitch whenever i beat it on old school i would've probably done it myself just to save myself time. Honestly, in Hardcore a full meter of bullet time is equivalent to about 2 seconds.

Btw, old school will be a cake walk for you, its almost the same difficulty as nym but you dont have final stand.

Great find. I haven't decided if I am going to use this yet or not, only just finished my Hard playthrough today.

I think the only thing that might push me to it is the unskippable cut scenes. Like I really enjoy the gameplay but even today when I was mopping up the misc achievements it was bugging the piss out of me having to sit through, in some cases, 4-5 minute scenes I have seen already before I could even quit out to the main menu.

Maybe if I played through it a few months down the line when they story isn't as fresh it wouldn't bother me as much. But I am enjoying actually playing it so much I want to keep playing it.

I am almost done with my Old School playthrough. Nice to see I can grab the achievement. I was actually not even playing to play another playthrough. I am already sick of the game! It was an awesome fun game, but I'm finding it more a chore on my second playthrough. Maybe that's because I have less and less time to play games. I was lucky to put in 3 hours this week into games. Tricks like this help save time for those who don't have it :)

If you really enjoy this game as much as i do then then play through the game

and whatch every cut scene from the beginnig to the end ;)

I played through the game again after i had unlocked every singleplayer achievement.

I turned off the subtitle and enjoyed every seond of all cutscenes and gameplay :)

You are already unlocked the hardest achievement in this game!

Hardcore and old shool will be a walk in the park for you ;)

But you will be glad that there are checkpoint

and you dont have to play everything over and over again from the beginning

Edited by TaiCoon

You are already unlocked the hardest achievement in this game!

Hardcore and old shool will be a walk in the park for you ;)

But you will be glad that there are checkpoint

and you dont have to play everything over and over again from the beginning

Haha, I was playing Hardcore last night and was killed and started to get annoyed because I had to go back to the beginning! I'm so used to NYMH now that I think it'll always restart. I also keep checking the top left corner of the screen to see what time I'm at...

I am almost done with my Old School playthrough. Nice to see I can grab the achievement. I was actually not even playing to play another playthrough. I am already sick of the game! It was an awesome fun game, but I'm finding it more a chore on my second playthrough. Maybe that's because I have less and less time to play games. I was lucky to put in 3 hours this week into games. Tricks like this help save time for those who don't have it :)

With that little time, I'd imagine your days of writing achievement guides is over? I will miss your well written guides. I was looking forward to writing another guide for Dead Space 3, but with my recent engagement, it seems like I'm in the same boat as you.

OT: After some contemplating, I decided to give in and use this glitch. With the little time I have to play games and with the other games I need to work on before the fall/winter Blockbuster hits coming, I just want to finish this. Plus, the four other playthroughs needed for the 100% more than make up for "cheating" a little.

Soooo happy this was discovered, used it last night and I'll happily shave 8 hours off time needed to play this game. I loved it but after initially playing on medium, then hard then old school while still needing NYM and NYMHC why wouldn't you want to cut your play time down?? A great game can turn to severe annoyance from all of these play through's.