Unlocking Ace (185,000 points)

MrGame004

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this method takes a bit of time you can do it by yourself on normal mode. Good if you don't have an extra controller.

Play up to the 3rd or 4th boss (forgot which level), but it's the boss with the spider hands that takes out red meteors, and have at least 100,000 points by then.

* If you don't have the laser then wait because after the boss blows up the meteors power-ups come out. (Try and pick up every single power-up and life you get 50 points just for doing so). Blow up the red meteors before the boss does and get points for it. They will usually be lined up and a good shot can take out 4 meteors at a time. You'll get about 100-200 points each time.

Be patience and get the 185,000, if not, then get 130,00-140,000 and finish the game off. You'll get it before then.

Thank you. I will definitely have to try this.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out the glitch, and a way to get 185k if you suck at the game.

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. Then, on ship 2, press X twice. This will make it so ship 1 detaches off of 2 and 2 attaches under 1. Keep doing this until they are both pretty far down from the screen. Then make which every ship you want to get 185k attach to the other ship and use the left stick to shoot. The pilot ship can only move left and right though.

Sorry, its a bit confusing but if you try it you will understand.

Just trying to help lol Iam new

• 2 weeks later...
Is the ace achievement easier on insane? I ask because on normal the highest I have gotten was around 180,000. I can't seem to get it. Are there more enemies on insane, or are they worth higher points, or what?

I made the achievement in normal mode. Just as mentioned before, play till the boss with the spider hands that takes out red meteors and have arround 100.000 there. If not, you can just blast the meteors out using that laser weapon upgrade that pop up from time to time.

Just dont kill the boss, wait for the laser weapon upgrade to pop up and blast some meteors. If you have patiente you can earn some points that will help you achieve the 185k.

Just be sure that you reach the final boss with at least 165k, because he only gives you 20k. And you should have the achievement then..

good luck ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It is easy. Play with another person on Insane becouse in that level there are more enemies to kill and tell your friend not to kill any until necesary and bosses. He is there only to get another ship if you happend to die. Take all powerups, they give points.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get enough points to actually get the achievement but for some reason, only when I'm about 65k, the final boss does the laser thing 4 times in a row, sends ships, and continues with the lasers. They're too goddamn hard to dodge; especially the 15-20 times I have to dodge them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got it today by playing on insane mode with two friends. All I did was attach to my two friends and shoot as a turret while my friend flew the ship. Just make sure you get all the upgrades and by the 5th or last level you should get the achievement before even fighting the last boss. I would suggest just getting missiles and lasers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. [Repeat several times]

Brilliant, just brilliant! This developer oversight makes getting ACE, and many of the other achievements for that matter, dead easy. Essentially your ships end up off the bottom of the screen and can't get hit by bullet fire. But yet you can shoot at the enemies! You do this at the start of each level, and can play through the level untouched.

Doing this on Insane will net you easily enough points for ACE. You'd also pick up Legend, Veteran, Rookie, Untouchable, Invulnerable, and Teamwork along the way.

There are a few gotchas to playing the whole game through this way. The very first chunk of enemies at the start of Level 3 (the wave-patterned bugs that chase you) will kamikaze into you before you can get off the screen in that level. Just shoot down the 6 or 8 of them there are, and then go ahead with the attach trick. Also, the Laser boss with the Meteors that everyone talks about. Those laser blasts are the only thing that can reach / destroy you when you're off the screen. So, when you fight this boss, you will need to move the pilot ship close to the boss and out of range of its laser. Other than those two things you can play right through.

This method should totally be added to the achievement guide. Anybody know how to edit it?

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions...

1) Does the achievement pop right when I get 185k in-game? If I die, do I still get it or do I need to successfully complete the entire game after breaking 185k?

2) How long does it take to sit at boss #4 and destroy his meteors to go from 100k to 185k?

• 2 weeks later...

Just plug in a second controller, start the game on insane and bring both ships to the bottom of the screen. Have one ship (1) attach to the second ship (2). Ship 1 will be under the black bar. Then, on ship 2, press X twice. This will make it so ship 1 detaches off of 2 and 2 attaches under 1. Keep doing this until they are both pretty far down from the screen. Then make which every ship you want to get 185k attach to the other ship and use the left stick to shoot. The pilot ship can only move left and right though.

I'm definitely going to try this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brilliant, just brilliant! This developer oversight makes getting ACE, and many of the other achievements for that matter, dead easy. Essentially your ships end up off the bottom of the screen and can't get hit by bullet fire. But yet you can shoot at the enemies! You do this at the start of each level, and can play through the level untouched.

Doing this on Insane will net you easily enough points for ACE. You'd also pick up Legend, Veteran, Rookie, Untouchable, Invulnerable, and Teamwork along the way.

There are a few gotchas to playing the whole game through this way. The very first chunk of enemies at the start of Level 3 (the wave-patterned bugs that chase you) will kamikaze into you before you can get off the screen in that level. Just shoot down the 6 or 8 of them there are, and then go ahead with the attach trick. Also, the Laser boss with the Meteors that everyone talks about. Those laser blasts are the only thing that can reach / destroy you when you're off the screen. So, when you fight this boss, you will need to move the pilot ship close to the boss and out of range of its laser. Other than those two things you can play right through.

This method should totally be added to the achievement guide. Anybody know how to edit it?

HOLY CRAP THIS MAKES ACE SO EASY!!!

It can be a little tricky getting down low enough so the kamikaze ships don't hit you in the later levels, but once you're down there it works like a charm. This really needs to be stickied somewhere or something!!!

HOLY CRAP THIS MAKES ACE SO EASY!!!

It can be a little tricky getting down low enough so the kamikaze ships don't hit you in the later levels, but once you're down there it works like a charm. This really needs to be stickied somewhere or something!!!

I can't figure out how to do this.. I can get below the screen with both ships but I get killed instantly by the first row of red balls... not to mention I can't shoot anyone.??