What's up with the achievements in this game?

GwJumpman

There seems to be practically no "achievement" achievements. Sure, they're hard, but that's it. They're not really fun or involve doing something other than just completing a certain mode. Anyone else feel like they could've done a better job with the achievements?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No you can no longer play as silver, my brother tried last week and it would not let him. When the NXE was introduced they took away this feature.

If I am wrong, apologies and my bad.

You can still play on a silver online as they made it so all cross-platform games are playable with a silver account. I know this because my sister is a silver and it all that she plays.

• 1 month later...

Lost Planet Colonies was made as more towards the MP area,unfair or not is whether you hold a silver or gold account.The first LP as a lot more achievements based off line.Although for MP value it does not hold up compared to COLONIES.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have a question regarding the achievements of this game.

I have never played Lost Planet but when i saw the Trailer for Lost Planet 2 it looked really awesome. I love games with monsters in them. I was thinking of getting Lost Planet Extreme Condition when i found out about this Colonies edition which is the exact same game only with a different 1000G

My question is: Do i need to buy both games to get the 2000G or can i get Extreme Condition's achievements on the Colonies edition? I'm guessing no but i'm asking you guys just to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Awful achievement list. I accidentally thought the achievements in this were the same as the regular Lost Planet, so I was surprised I didn't get squat for completing mission 1. Then I saw that the achievements for Colonies are completely different...and completely retarded.

Would've rather Capcom had included the regular version in their Platinum Hits three pack.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I would have to say that for me this game was the biggest achievement disappointment ever....

Like others mentioned: i looked up the achievement list before buying but didnt realise the colonys edition would have different achievements. I dont play online and getting only 5 points for completing it on normal (10 total if you count the "complete the game on easy") was wayyyyy lame, not too mention the 10 for hard and 20 for extreme....

Now i like a bit of a challenge but this is insane... who ever came up with this achievement list should be locked up in Guantanamo bay for terrorising honest achievement hunters!

• 1 month later...

I took me nearly 3 months to beat extreme mode. I beat the other 3 modes in a matter of days. Then I play extreme mode and couldn't pass Mission 2. I played it for like 6 hours to no avail. I totally had to re-learn how to play the game. Then it happened again with Mission 9. Those YouTube videos really do make a difference. I'm glad I don't completely suck at this game anymore. The gamerscore awarded for these achievements is a little unbalanced though. The online achievement focus doesn't help me either. I should have looked that up before too.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...