Assassin Trick Guide

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this tip. I've only gotten through 2 levels but I can tell what a huge difference it is already making.

I have a question though.

You say to start a new campaign, do we actually overwrite and make a new campaign or just say continue campaign and select assassin difficulty? Then once the next level starts up, quit out and select trainee?

It's kind of confusing IMO, any clarification would be much appreciated, Thanks!

So the guide does not really go through the entire process. And the posts on this thread are all over the place. So here is the process.

Start a New campaign on TRAINEE

When you come to the point that the OP posted you should have just seen a SAVING symbol in the top left corner – sometimes the word CHECKPOINT. Or possibly you have already passed it. Some of the OP’s events are in a place passed the save point, but he was looking for a place to easily describe and not so easy for the user to miss. So you may have passed it a while back is all I am saying. However, when you are there then:

Select START to Pause the game and then quit to the MAIN MENU

Choose CONTINUE CAMPAIGN and select ASSASSIN as the difficulty…finish out the level

When the next level starts…you will see the save symbol again in the top left

Select START to Pause the game and then quit to the MAIN MENU

Choose Continue your CAMPAIGN and choose TRAINEE as the difficulty, thus starting the next level on the easiest difficulty.

Rinse and Repeat.

When you pause the game and go to achievements screen you can move your selection to the ASSASSIN difficulty. All the level NAMES you have finished in ASSASSIN difficulty should be listed. By the way I love the achievements screen…lets you know exactly what you need.

The XY combo method does work well, but you have to be patient with the BOSSES as they perform takedowns on you as well. So I would suggest doing a little “A” button to block a few hits then come in with the XY Combo. Or wait until you see the option to counter his takedown and then XY Combo their ass.

Edited by big red marino

• 2 weeks later...
wait im confused... u said i cant replay levels or the assassin trick wont work? what if i just forgot to change to assassin and beat a level on trainee, i cant replay it and do assassin trick at end? does this mean i have to beat story again?! please help :( thanx

Yeh I'm in the same position. I missed the Escape the Embassy and finished it on Trainee, is there a way I can repeat that to continue this trick, or do I have to start a fresh Campaign again? If so, the game is going at the bottom of my pile, can't be arsed doin this all over again.

Edit: I've read all of the posts now and realise I can re-do the mission I screwed up but I have to do the entire thing in Assassin. I'm just happy it's this one and not any others, all I gotta do is a bit of fighting and running!

P.S. Brilliant guide here for this achievement, big thanks!

-SE

Edited by Scotsman Elite

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a (different) problem:

Accidentally completed 2 levels on recruit, but both times when the Achievement popped up I switched back to the menu right away - and when I chose to continue the campaign it put me right back at the end of the level - so that I could still complete it on Assassin.

Does it still count for me, coz the game didn't put a savefile after completing the level or am I still screwed?

Edited by Schreckofant

I've completed this game 100% in merely 2 days thanks to the assassin trick. With only one screw up on the escape the embassy level, I diddn't expect it to be such a short mission forgot to read where to quit out >.< So just replayed that mission all the way through on assassin, was a breeze btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been posted, but don't go for the accuracy achievements while doing this trick. I had 86% accuracy before quitting and reloading in assassin, but then the 75% accuracy achievement didn't pop up when I finished the level. Same with the don't use a shooting/hand to hand takedown in a level. I didn't get those either lol D:. So if you're gonna do this trick, save those for after 1 playthrough.

Made it only at last level ( ladders made me crazy ). Ut worked... BUT(!!!) many things gliched - my takedowns meter crushed down - i had 60++ contextual, now it's 4... Everything goes down to achievment line - i've got like 90 non-takedowns, no it goes to 54. 45 shooting goes to 7. I hated this game when i played on assassin - now i gonna to destroy the disk cuz i'm really pissed off...

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this help. I was an idiot and did the game on normal because I never looked into the thread b4. IF you follow yoru guide between switching back and forth, you can run through the entire game in a lil over 5 hrs give or take a few minutes. I finished the game off (Beat game on Assassin) is all I had left to do. I did the lil tedious things afterwards when I should have just done then while doing the campaign since it was my second playthrough. I will say this though....the boss fights are annoying and don't get too close to enemies otherwise u have to go hand to hand with them instead of just shooting them. I thought the game was fun and different but some achievements took forever like heavyweight and the 200 shooting takedowns. A lil repetitive after playing it twice 2.Good luck to the rest of you who have to 1K it

• 2 weeks later...

The Assassin trick is the trick where you play on trainee till near the end of the level then you quit out and switch the difficulty to Assassin, just go to continue level and you can switch it. Also make sure you start a new campaign because if you load a level up on replay it won't save it.

Also on Assassin and other difficulty's I used a trick to kill people and that’s to press X and Y at the same time over and over it works every time for me on pretty much everybody dies even bosses don't get a chance.

[Dangerous Beginnings] Level 1-When you get to the part where you are timed eventually you will get to a boss fight in a small room, fight him until he jumps through a window. You will get a checkpoint now quit out and switch and finish the level.

[shipyard Infiltration] Level 2- Play the game until you get on a boat and you’re alone, save and quit and finish the level then. There is a boss fight here so just try your best. There is a fight beforehand where you fight 2 people just fight them and save your power and the next fight has 3 people use all your power and kill them. Then there’s the boss fight just play it smart on him and you’re done.

[Assassinate Wombosi] Level 3-After the control room you will go through a corridor meet Solomon again save and quit and fight him again and that’s it.

[Eliminate Divandelen] Level 4-On the plane after the final fight where he pulls a knife just kill him then a cut scene will come up, and you will get a save quit out then and load it back up on assassin easy as that.

[Escape the Embassy] Level 5- When you kick the door in on the guard and get a timer of 2 minutes you will walk through a door and get flash banged save and quit and finish the level really short really easy.

[silence Rurik] Level 6- Play up until you are in a building that’s on fire and it give you a timer to escape when you get the timer, quit out then and then load it back up. You will get the checkpoint way before the timer but it’s the only checkpoint and I wanted to make sure you know where to quit out.

[Castle Fight] Level 7- Just play him and beat him and when your fight is over a scene with buttons will appear go ahead and quit out once it saves and switch.

[Paris Chase] Level 8- After the last level just leave the difficulty on Assassin and play or if you want to play on trainee to make things easier for you [not much of a difference drive until she says get ahead of that train and you do a jump and a scene starts save and quit out there and switch it.

[Disarm Renard ] Level 9- In the Museum play until your outside and a timer starts when you get that checkpoint quit out switch, play this entire part being very careful the snipers are a real pain so just don’t worry so much about the timer, focus on the killing.

[survive the Professor] Level 10- The Famed Professor level, easiest level ever. Play until where you fight him spam the X and Y at the same time and don’t let up just keep pressing them together over and over. With that method I beat him in 48 seconds. After that part you will get a check point and jump out of the barn, it saves, quit out and there you go, load it up and just button that man after that.

[Treadstone Safehouse] Level 11- Play until you get to a church, you will throw a guy out of the window and fight him, beat him then it will save and a cut scene appears where you have to press buttons. Fail the button pressing then load it up on assassin super easy.

By Y0UNIK0RN

Everything he said is Correct. BUT, do not start a new CAMPAIGN. just CONTINUE LEVEL and change from Trainee to Assassin.

Edited by aFallenSailor
spelling

Thank you for this help. I was an idiot and did the game on normal because I never looked into the thread b4. IF you follow yoru guide between switching back and forth, you can run through the entire game in a lil over 5 hrs give or take a few minutes. I finished the game off (Beat game on Assassin) is all I had left to do. I did the lil tedious things afterwards when I should have just done then while doing the campaign since it was my second playthrough. I will say this though....the boss fights are annoying and don't get too close to enemies otherwise u have to go hand to hand with them instead of just shooting them. I thought the game was fun and different but some achievements took forever like heavyweight and the 200 shooting takedowns. A lil repetitive after playing it twice 2.Good luck to the rest of you who have to 1K it

I agree with you. I just got my 1k a few hours ago!

Edited by aFallenSailor

• 4 weeks later...