How has playing the BETA affected you view on BF3?

welsh dragon888

After the beta i am...  

166 members have voted

1. 1. After the beta i am...

• Massively excited for battlefield 3!
    • looking forward to battlefield 3, but i have my worries.
    • going to wait for it to drop in price.
    • canceling my pre order and/or wont be purchasing battlefield 3.
    • never planned on getting battlefield 3 was just checking it out.

I have been a huge fan of the BF franchise, having spent hundreds of hours in BFBC 1 & 2, and BF1943 alone, but after playing the "beta," odds are I won't be purchasing this game. I may be wrong and the game may turn out to be flawless, but it wasn't in their favor to release a broke ass "beta," which in reality should have been called a demo. There are just so many different factors that feel off and I can't fathom spending $60 on the final product if this is the best they could do for the unveiling to the general public. As of a few minutes ago, I am done with this joke of a "beta." I may rent this after it releases, and maybe they'll surprise me and actually live up to their name.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few issues with it - lower health, STILL not being able to leave at the post-game menu, and the possibility that every Recon will find a good bush to go prone in (flash will help, but then again there's the flash supressor...). I also don't like the map we've gotten here, but I have faith that there will be several other good or great ones.

Ultimately though, it plays reasonably similar to BC2, which I loved. I guess just the fact that I pre-ordered back in May (after "Fault Line" was released in full) means enjoying the Beta was a given.

Yeah for the PC, which they always specified. What do you expect the Xbox is basically a useless brick with a green light on it.

A lot of people fail to understand that the Xbox has reached it fullest potential and games from now all will nearly all have to be toned down. There will have to be a new console by next christmas; they have no choice the market is moving forward quickly and the xbox is showing nothing but horrible ageing.

I was reading an article (cant remember where or which, sorry) that was saying microsoft is under pressure from developers who are angry that they cannot show the true potential of the game due to the old technology.

Dont get me wrong, the Xbox has had a fantastic run, but its time for her to sit down and let the younger, more attractive model come and takes her place. Like im surprised some games even look as good as they do (Gears/ BF3) on 6 year old software.

To those complaining and comparing BF3 on PC to Xbox 360. The graphics cards that are used to run BF3 on its highest settings (the visuals that DICE has presented in all the PC gameplays) are new, they are using CURRENT day graphics cards. Not ones from 2005. Fuck thats 6 years ago! As opposed to the 4 year gap between the original Xbox (2001) and the Xbox 360 thats a big difference.

So to those complaining about he visuals, man the fuck up and buy a PC then. You are using the wrong platform if you expect to be treated with the smoothes running visuals, the best content and community. Consoles are great and have come a long way; but we are in a world that never stops advancing and the PC will always benefit from its promotion of freedom.

I thought it felt a little bit like CoD unfortunately, with the lower health and such.. but I definitely will not cancel my preorder. I'm just a bit worried that release is in 3 weeks and that beta was quite buggy..

Overall I have faith that it'll turn out great. I didn't preorder MW3 and don't plan on it. I think this and gears3 will keep me happy for a while. :uzi:

I have a few issues with it - lower health, STILL not being able to leave at the post-game menu, and the possibility that every Recon will find a good bush to go prone in (flash will help, but then again there's the flash supressor...). I also don't like the map we've gotten here, but I have faith that there will be several other good or great ones.

Ultimately though, it plays reasonably similar to BC2, which I loved. I guess just the fact that I pre-ordered back in May (after "Fault Line" was released in full) means enjoying the Beta was a given.

Ditto this. The addition of prone is going to lead to a shitload of snipers and campers in any map with a bush. Don't take this as a complaint, but seeing as how most of the sniper rifles seem to be a one/two hit kill, this could be a very bad thing for any outdoors map.

Yeah for the PC, which they always specified. What do you expect the Xbox is basically a useless brick with a green light on it.

So then I'm guessing that wanted a "useless brick with a green light on it?" Is that why you have an xbox or is it because you couldn't afford a PS3?

THANK YOU i am not the only one who thinks the graphics are not that good as they said they were going to be!:goodpost :whs

how do you "say" how good the graphics are going to be? they said it would look pretty good compared to pc for what the xbox can do and if you say you fell through a rock or the screen flickered, that is a technical issue not "bad graphics"

Wow, I am amazed at the poll numbers. That many people will cancel because of the Beta? Wow. It got me more excited for the game! I had $5 on it and since playing the beta, I have fully paid it off. Excited for October 25!

Im guessing most of them didn't actually cancel. They just want to sound hardcore or something to say they canceled to buy MW2.2 instead.

Although the beta has it's share of bugs, given it's running on much older code than the final version will have..I still think it's amazing. I'm betting once people get into their first jet fight in the middle of a battle, they will think Modern Whatfare?

My only problem has been the servers being dead and then last night trying to play and getting 'No available game to join' or some shit. So if EA gets their stuff together and their servers run smoothly, I know I will be putting some serious time into this game.

Just not being able to get slashed in the leg and die from it like in every CoD game is enough to make me want to keep playing. At least you have to have a reason to use your knife to get a kill in this instead of panic stabbing and being rewarded for your lack of skill at close quarters combat.

Plus the jets...my god the dogfights in the air look so fun. This coming from someone who has NEVER been a fan of any jet fighting game like Ace Combat and the like. I don't mind having different weapons for the different sides..it makes perfect sense since you don't see russian army's running around with American made weapons. Why would you see it in a game? Plus just gives me a chance to get better at different weapons.

how do you "say" how good the graphics are going to be? they said it would look pretty good compared to pc for what the xbox can do and if you say you fell through a rock or the screen flickered, that is a technical issue not "bad graphics"

Don't worry about him. He's obviously not the brightest crayon in the box if he can't tell the difference between graphical glitches and overall graphics. /facepalm