Tech Orb Guide

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY got 100% in Chapter 2. Turns out I was missing one behind the camera at the part where Trip uses her EMP for the first time. I always ran past that area. Hope this helps someone.

P.S. I don't really understand what you mean by the glitched orb in Chapter 3. Drop down where?

12 more chapters to go... Aww ****.

this guide is indispensable and a huge thank you for the time and effort that, undoubtedly, had to go into making it. i'm using it now to clear up collecting the remaining orbs and i was worried, because i had collected the vast majority of them during my initial playthrough, that it would be difficult to follow for collecting the ones that i did miss, but the guide is written so well that i have not had a single issue with finding the ones i am missing so far. some of these orbs i never would've found without the input from the guide, so thank you again for creating it!

Some really tedious orbs in this game, almost takes away the fun!

Finally picked up my last orb, somehow on chapter 9 when you first encounter 2 mechs I missed the one in the water, right in front of the green plant in front of you before the mechs. Didn't help that I thought the orb near the end was glitched and kept replaying the last area!

Really appreciate the guide. Helped so much, only cleared 1 chapter 100% before using the guide!

A general tip for chapter 5 is keep looking in the cloud surf area at the beginning. Don't assume you've found them all until you have 100%. I was stuck at 99% for aaages. I must have played through that damn chapter 20 times hehe. The last two lousy orbs were, of course, located at the very beginning - before you start climbing the bridge.

The first one (looking all innocent, though I knew better - oh yes) was bobbing happily underneath a big piece of bridge debris over on the right hand side of the area. However, it was placed at a devious angle when looked at from the starting point. I just never approached that particular piece of bridge from that particular angle so I kept missing it. Keep riding around and try to approach cluttered areas from various angles. Slow down or, better yet, find pieces of the bridge to stand on and thouroughly scan the area around you from different vantage points and angles.

The other orb was on one of the final platforms you run along with Trip - after the container and truck but before you lift the blockage. It was out in broad daylight on the right hand side (when facing the bridge) on a piece of broken-off slab that tilted down toward the water. It was rendered practically invisible by the fact that the surface underneath it reflected a lot of sunlight. That, along with the generous bloom effects in the game, camouflaged it like a tiny spherical ninja.

As a final tip - it felt a lot better for me to keep Monkeys active ammo on Stun while looking around. Having the Plasma ammo activated keeps drawing my attention when I scan for orbs. Plus, there's always the chance that one is hiding in that corner behind the HUD - inadvertantly making me ignore it in the belief that it's the ammo I'm seeing and not an actual orb.

Edited by Pixi

Alright Ill give you my little nuances with this achievement. On chapter 5 there is a single orb on a small piece of red/pink metal right next to the ramp to knock down the second object for trip.

Thanks this is the one i was missing. If you have 99% check this location.

Thanks again

Edited by mastas

Ok was getting a bit frustrated and worried over chapter 9, my last 1% for 1000g. I tried the dog chase over and over then I thought it was the ramp glitch, so kept restarting checkpoint.

Restarted the level again, and it was right where you first encounter mechs on that level asleep. Trip is standing on some metal gating, directly in front of her in the water below was the orb, maybe it'll help someone.

Also its the part where you are first allowed to use the cloud on that level.

Edited by F Swan

Question 1:

If you miss an Orb in any chapter, when you replay it and collect it, do you need to finish the level or you can quit right away and its save ?

Question 2:

If you chapter select a level and try to get the orb you didn't get, do you need to collect every orb in the level or the one you already collected will dissapear and you'll need to collect only the remaining one or every of them are still there ?

Edited by Spliff Starz

Question 1:

If you miss an Orb in any chapter, when you replay it and collect it, do you need to finish the level or you can quit right away and its save ?

Question 2:

If you chapter select a level and try to get the orb you didn't get, do you need to collect every orb in the level or the one you already collected will dissapear and you'll need to collect only the remaining one or every of them are still there ?

You'll have to complete the chapter, or at least get to a checkpoint. If you chapter select, the only orbs you should see are those that you missed. Those you have already picked up will no longer show up.

Just be wary of chapter 9. There seems to be a glitchy orb there, as that's the only chapter I've been stuck at 99% for a while, and I've gotten all the orbs from the Dog Chase.

You'll have to complete the chapter, or at least get to a checkpoint. If you chapter select, the only orbs you should see are those that you missed. Those you have already picked up will no longer show up.

Just be wary of chapter 9. There seems to be a glitchy orb there, as that's the only chapter I've been stuck at 99% for a while, and I've gotten all the orbs from the Dog Chase.

Thx for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it.

I only played thru level 1 to 7 on hard so far, but I love the game. When I pick it up at gamestop I wasn't so sure, there was really no game I was interested in, so I decided to give that I try. I don't regret it at all. And the 1000/1000 seems to be a bit challenging.