Favorite Thing About Fallout

Slayer12321

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite thing about Fallout? The Master. One of the greatest video game villians of all time. Hell, some might not even consider him a villian, just a leader with a flawed plan.

As for the newer Fallouts, they were also highly enjoyable for me, but yes they were filled with glitches and bugs, and always constantly fucking freezing, especially New Vegas! But I still loved them anyway, even though they're completely different from the original.

3hree Dogg from Galaxy News Radio was awesome,never got tired of his over hyped up talk (Probably from hitting Jet and Phycho too much,lol) the music also was amazing always had the radio on.

In New Vegas I really Liked Mr. New Vegas,but not as much as 3hree Dogg. But the music was even better then the first singing along with songs like ''Johnny Boy''

Always had the radio on singing to 50's era music while blowing stuff up never gets old you feel like a badass.

3hree Dogg from Galaxy News Radio was awesome,never got tired of his over hyped up talk (Probably from hitting Jet and Phycho too much,lol) the music also was amazing always had the radio on.

In New Vegas I really Liked Mr. New Vegas,but not as much as 3hree Dogg. But the music was even better then the first singing along with songs like ''Johnny Boy''

Always had the radio on singing to 50's era music while blowing stuff up never gets old you feel like a badass.

I loved the radio stations and them music they played. :p Big time nerd rage there. =D

I love both FO3 and FONV, I still play them both fairly often. I would say that I liked how factions were in New Vegas in that if, for example, you side with the NCR, you become an enemy to the Legion and they will send squads out to attack you. I also found the perk "And Stay Back" the most ridiculous thing in either game. It allows shotguns to knock down any enemy (even Deathclaws lol). When used with the riot shotgun, you just destroyed anything and everything in your way, and they had no way of defending themselves.

I've just recently started playing this game again and I'm having a great time, even though there are no achievements left to acquire. Now that I'm on my 6th playthrough of this game I was considering doing an extremely hardcore playthrough, where V.A.T.S., fast travel, reparing weapons and armor, Stimpaks, and stealing/purchasing items are not allowed. ;)

Anyways, here's a list of things that I absolutely love about this game:

• The 'Tranquility Lane' quest where you assume the position of a little kid and you are tasked with killing everybody in the neighborhood.
  • Galaxy News Radio Station; it gives you this retro-future feeling (similar to BioShock) when listening to all of the amazing classic songs on this station during your adventure.
  • All of the powerful uniquely-named weapons, such as the Experimental MIRV that fires 8 mini-nukes at once.
  • Andale, the place where you encounter a seemingly-nice and caring family and accidentally discover their shed full of human corpses and strange meat.
  • The amount of freedom this game offers. You can go around and kill just about everything you desire without any consequences or bounty (except for that the whole town wants to kill you). You can also kill pretty much everyone, unlike Skyrim where unimportant NPC's just kneel on the ground after damaging them immensely.
  • Liberty Prime. The epitome of freedom.

:D

Fallout 1&2 are both fantastic and I recommend them to anyone who wants to play a great tactical turn based rpg.

I'm gonna be your Devil's Advocate. Fallout 1&2 stunk. I played them and I honestly thought everything about them was awful; gameplay, mechanics, etc... When I heard and saw Fallout 3 hitting the shelves, I thought they were just expanding on a terrible series.

I'm glad my cousin showed me the best western, FPS RPG of all time. Not exaggerating one bit; the story was amazing, gameplay fit nicely, and it was engrossing. It's a good thing games aren't made on VHS tapes or I would disintegrated it.

To each their own I suppose.

I liked how in the first two games my primary stats would actually effect the gameplay and story. Like how having low intelligence would cause NPCs to negatively react to my character and block side quests and background info. And how the endings showed the effects on each and every place in the world due to my actions rather than just having some generic narrations.

• 1 month later...

Meeting Mr.House in New Vegas

http://www.egg-of-time.us/LadyLi/FalloutNV/FNV-MrHouse02c-s.jpg

Also I've played very little of Fallout 3 as I've been busy playing Assassins Creed but I did enjoy playing the DLC where you go into a simulation to fight the Chinese, getting that armour and several weapon rewards at a low level makes me feel I've gained a slight advantage to when I do play through it properly.

I like the time and effort they put into there games making every tiny detail as important as anything making the landscape massive every person and back story every story and back story tons of side quests new things round every corner.....the only problem the amount of glitches but a game that takes 6 years to make with only 100 people cant go without it fair share of glitches witch is not a problem....but one thing that baffles me and witch I love bout Bethesda is there amazing ability to release DLC that are as much as detailed and longer and better than full retail games and there ability to keep doing this for years into a games life cycle.....FANBOY ALERT!:D

The level of detail Bethesda always puts into their worlds really helps negate the sometimes-crippling bugs you can find at times. The pseudo-sicence fiction and 'after the end' setting are also major draws for me. Not to mention the top-notch writing and story elements that really make you want to explore everywhere and talk to everyone.

I really hope Fallout 4 is announced at E3 and will in fact be coming to the 360. That would just make my year.

I've been a fan ever since Fallout 1 was released. Throughout the series I most enjoyed how they managed to find such a great balance between post-apocalyptic hopelessness, ultra-violence and black humour. :woop:

Of course, there's also great role-playing system(s), multiple approaches to quests, enthralling storylines, hundreds of hours of game play, fantastic combat etc etc, but the first paragraph is my favourite thing. ;)