Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 2 weeks later...

Some questions:

Firstly, 59th street, where is that? I'm sure it was on the way to Central Park, but which street is it? I can't tell, cause I want to replay that for that achievement later on.

Now for hotwiring a car....how do you do it? I got the one with the key in the visor, but now I need that one, cuse ever other car I get into, I can easily start up with the ignition.

And speaking of cars, how do you go about doing the gas tank one? You know, piercing a gas tank to get the free gas? I'm at a loss with it, cause when I was in Central Park, before jumping the giant gap, I got a screw driver but had no idea on getting the free gas. Then I got killed and decided to leave it alone and instead, jumped the gap. Cause you can't combine it with the gas, you have to equip the screw driver, which sucks.

And this one, it's no problem, cause I am getting the achievements, but want to know just in case it might happen. Skipping sequences....what do they mean by that? Cause I have the first three achievements of not skipping sequences and am up to number 4 now, but would like to know for future reference. Thanks ^^

• 4 weeks later...
Ok guys I would appreciate any help to find me these two items to help get me 2 achievements.

The first is a goldfish.

Im on chapter 8 and I havent seen a single goldfish the whole game!

Where can I find one?

The second is the car key in a sun visor.

I must have checked about 100 cars and visors in central park but still I can not find one with a key in it!?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just got the Key in the visor achievment so I just need to find a goldfish now??

Thanks.

Just as a little help for anyone else trying to find a car with a key in the visor, the VERY FIRST CAR in the game (at the beginning of the parking garage in episode 2) has a key in its visor, or at least has the 2 times i checked it.... hopefully this works for everyone...

• 1 month later...

I am stuck on the level "The Path of Light" after climbing up the rope and also through the train compartments, you get to an area where a few humanz pop out of the ground. I keep dying here because I am low on health from last missions. If i choose new episode and start a new "The Path of Light" will the achievement lose the data I've gotten with the previous roots I burned?

^^ I don't think so, but I'm not sure. When you pause (or maybe when you check inventory) it shows you the gauge of your roots of evil progress (labeled Spectral Vision IIRC.) Start the episode over and you can quickly check that gauge to know for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I'm stuck in chapter 2 where where I need to shoot the Humanz fissure. The roadmap reads:

"The very first humanz you encounter you will need to shoot its fissure on its body. These are the lines that glow. This will take out two achievements."

I think this is "The Sharpshooter" Achievement. The guide for this reads:

"Finish off a Humanz by shooting fire bullets at it's fissure.""Just use fire bullets and then shoot a Humanz on those lines on his body, the pieces that look as if they are put together. That is its fissure."

The only problem is I am shooting the lines and it just doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Ok, I'm stuck in chapter 2 where where I need to shoot the Humanz fissure. The roadmap reads:

"The very first humanz you encounter you will need to shoot its fissure on its body. These are the lines that glow. This will take out two achievements."

I think this is "The Sharpshooter" Achievement. The guide for this reads:

"Finish off a Humanz by shooting fire bullets at it's fissure.""Just use fire bullets and then shoot a Humanz on those lines on his body, the pieces that look as if they are put together. That is its fissure."

The only problem is I am shooting the lines and it just doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Are you sure that you're using fire bullets?

Are you sure that you're using fire bullets?

Oh, fire bullets. I see, I don't have any because the guide the road map recommended doesn't seem to say anything about it. I will probably get some later in the game but if so I find it confusing why the guide would mention it in Chapter 2. It also mentions that I will get a lot of combination achievements in Chapter 2 also. I don't have a single one so far >.<

Oh, fire bullets. I see, I don't have any because the guide the road map recommended doesn't seem to say anything about it. I will probably get some later in the game but if so I find it confusing why the guide would mention it in Chapter 2. It also mentions that I will get a lot of combination achievements in Chapter 2 also. I don't have a single one so far >.<

I am having the same problem. The road map says, "The very first humanz you encounter you will need to shoot its fissure on its body. These are the lines that glow. This will take out two achievements", but it doesn't say anything about the fire bullets. I assume you can get those before fighting the first humanz, but it would be nice if the map mentioned them.

I would like to see the achievements listed by name in the road map. For example, when it says, "After finding Sara in the elevator you will encounter these Ratz (they look like spider type things). Just unequip everything, switch to First Person, and press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rt.png when they get close. Once you kick these 10 times achievement unlocked", I think it should say something to the effect of, "The Goal! achievement will be unlocked." In addition, the "Fire Bullets" achievement isn't mentioned or even referred to. Combine these flaws with the map's grammatical errors and you've got a map that can be unnecessarily vague.

I am having the same problem. The road map says, "The very first humanz you encounter you will need to shoot its fissure on its body. These are the lines that glow. This will take out two achievements", but it doesn't say anything about the fire bullets. I assume you can get those before fighting the first humanz, but it would be nice if the map mentioned them.

I would like to see the achievements listed by name in the road map. For example, when it says, "After finding Sara in the elevator you will encounter these Ratz (they look like spider type things). Just unequip everything, switch to First Person, and press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rt.png when they get close. Once you kick these 10 times achievement unlocked", I think it should say something to the effect of, "The Goal! achievement will be unlocked." In addition, the "Fire Bullets" achievement isn't mentioned or even referred to. Combine these flaws with the map's grammatical errors and you've got a map that can be unnecessarily vague.

Yes, it's really confusing. I appreciate that people take the time to make a guide like this but if the guide doesn't make sense then it may as well not be a guide. Unfortunately due to this guide not really explaining things that well (assuming the achievements are in order) I simply cannot follow it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...