Help with Big Daddy / How to Kill a Big Daddy

thecrazyguy

Ok first let me apologize if there's already a thread somewhere for this, but i searched and found nothing. If there is, i'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Anyway, i'm at the part of the game where you fight your first big daddy. Problem is, I have no clue how to beat him, nothing seems to work.

Now my question is, are you supposed to fight the big daddy, or are you supposed to pass it and continue on?? If you are supposed to fight it, how do you beat him.

If someone could tell me what's involved in beating the big daddy, like what to use on him, what I should have with me, I'd really really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it easy to shock him, which stuns him, then unload some armor piercing rounds from the pistol. Once I'm out of those, I continue to shock, but switch to the shotgun. If all else fails, just keep running in and doing little bits of damage and die, because you just respawn with him at the same amount of health. Very weird that they did this, but it's making the game easy as pie.

I actually forgot about that Pants, glad ya told me or I probably would have forgot about it the whole game lol. And thanks both of ya for the tips, just finished the big daddy off. Those guys are a challenge, but now that I know what I need to do, should'nt be to hard.

Thanks again :)

I also find it very hard to beat them. On medium, they're a huge pain. Every creature in medium has 2-3 times more health than in easy. The biggest problem is that they're so hard to beat that I end up using 5-7 First Aid's and a bunch of Eve Hypos and Im always out of money.

But usually I use shock and the shotgun (But not the Electric Buck, unless he's in water) and strafe a lot. One of my tips is also to get the camera and take a lot of pictures of big Daddys, and whenever it gives you an upgrade, use it to your advantage. For example: "Rosie's are vulnerable to Anti-Personnel Rounds" then use as many as you can of those. It seemed to worked for my friend yesterday, when we were taking turns playing the game on our own hardrives, but he was on easy.

Personally, I find the Big Daddys harder to kill than the Bosses (Docs)

Hitting them in the back (around the tank) seems to draw more energy away from them as well. shock, move around him and hit him in the back with a shotgun blast or 2. repeat as necessary

Now that is a good tip, gonna give that one a try. Basically they shouldnt be a problem just bc of what Pants said, you respawn. at first i was using all my health packs and what not, now i fight untill i die and just come right back at him. The best thing to use imo is the armor piercing bullets with the machine gun in the head, drops them incredibly fast. My favorite (but rare to find) though is the exploding shells with the shotgun :D

Now that is a good tip, gonna give that one a try. Basically they shouldnt be a problem just bc of what Pants said, you respawn. at first i was using all my health packs and what not, now i fight untill i die and just come right back at him. The best thing to use imo is the armor piercing bullets with the machine gun in the head, drops them incredibly fast. My favorite (but rare to find) though is the exploding shells with the shotgun :D

Not sure but if you get "Machine Gun Kick-Back reduction" than its incredibly easy to kill them as the gun has zero recoil and you aim once and shoot.

My tips is probably the easiest and safest.

Lure the Big Daddy down stairs near the machine that re-spawns you. There should be an office where you got that Plasmid that slowed down that bad guy? in the dental office. Well lure him into that room where you had to crawl thru the vents and just pick him off.

i did that and i didnt die

well this is my strategy for fighting the the big daddys, of course this wont work on the early fights...but still i thought i would share.

1. Lay around three prox mines, lure the big daddy to said mines.

2. once mines have detonated switch to frag grenades or a shotty with electro buck. In about three frag hits, they go down.

or if you feel better in ur plasmid skills/dodging ability (works on only Rosies...duh:p)

1. Equip Tk and electro bolt.

2. use bolt to stun, stay a healthy distance away

3. They will fire off two to three rounds, then launch a mine.

4. TK the mine and send it back

5 Rinse and repeat

this method saves an ass load of ammo, and you probably will only use one to two FA kits....though you might burn thru hypo....

I found it easy to shock him, which stuns him, then unload some armor piercing rounds from the pistol. Once I'm out of those, I continue to shock, but switch to the shotgun. If all else fails, just keep running in and doing little bits of damage and die, because you just respawn with him at the same amount of health. Very weird that they did this, but it's making the game easy as pie.

That was my technique as well.

i think one of the best way to deal with big daddys/rosies is to have a big daddy body guard (hyptonize big daddy Plasmid) then walk around untill you find a little sister/bd then use inrage on the other bg/littlesister and watch them have a big fight or you can join in, once the littlesister is yours and there is another littlesister on the map follow the bd that you hyptonized and when the littlesister comes to him, he will already be hurt from the fight earlier so 2 little sisters for the price of 1 lol

After you get the Crossbow, Big Daddies go down like nothing. You make some Trap Bolts at a U-Vent, load them up, and wait for the Big Daddy to stop with the Little Sister. Secure about 3 wires (on Medium, not sure how many for Hard) around him, hit him with a shot from the pistol, and let him charge at you. He'll go down and you'll be unharmed.

Without it, jump onto ledges when fighting Bouncers or hide behind things with Rosies, then just drive them back with the Machine Gun.

Or if you want to kill two birds with one stone, use the Big Daddy Control Plasmid and bring him towards another one. Shot the second and let them fight to the death, the one you control should have low health at the end of the fight, so a few shots puts him down.

At least that's how I did it.

[quote=FH Regulus;373745

Or if you want to kill two birds with one stone, use the Big Daddy Control Plasmid and bring him towards another one. Shot the second and let them fight to the death, the one you control should have low health at the end of the fight, so a few shots puts him down.

At least that's how I did it.

lol same as my post lol

On Easy you can kill Big Daddies in three shots with both the Crossbow (steel bolts) and Shotgun (exploding buck), since you get 'one shot free' before they attack you you need to pick something that will do the most damage first. Aim for the head to do more damage (if it applies to them, otherwise attack from behind) and then run when needed.

Rosie's are a bit smarter than Bouncers, so they are harder to lure into traps as they strafe around. If you are facing a bouncer then get some distance between you or a barrier if you want to be totally safe. Electro shock is a good plasmid against both types, it will buy you time to set up an attack or to reload. Target decoy can also work, but it is a little more troublesome than others.

Make sure you have some decent tonics too, the armour and counter ones work great against Bouncers.

For the way you talk seems you always die with them... i think its easy to kill him, you just use the shotgun, fire until you have to reload and use electro-bolt to win time for reloading (and i played it and also playing for the second time, on hard)...and thagame you are saying bullshit, no way you kill him with 4 shots, i had it fully upgraded and you need so more than that, even withe the explodin bucks, you waste so much more bullets...Also if you have the wrench with the ice,the powerfull hitting, the fastest moves (at hitting),the regining health when hitting with the wrench,and the electro-shit when you get hitted they are no problem(you can easily kill him in 1 life and even with good health), only to have all this tonics you need to be ending the game.