How many Onyx Medals do you have?

iiDaRReN316x

60/65 Onyx Medals

• Team Deathmatch - 2500/3000
  • Capture the Leader - 900/3000
  • King of the Hill - 2200/3000
  • Allfathers - N/A
  • Pistols - 5999/6000 (saving the last kill as a glorious Boltok headshot that will unlock Seriously 3.0.)

I also wanted to get all of this done on the 20th of September but unfortunately got preoccupied with other things and other games.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idle boosting complete, putting me at 58/65. Here's what I currently have left.

Heavy Weapons - 5358/6000

Lancer - 4351/6000

Retro Lancer - 2356/6000

Gnasher Shotgun - 2794/6000

Old Schooler - 2688/3000

Heavy Weapons and Old Schooler shouldn't be a problem. The rest will be a nightmare. We're talking about almost 10,000 kills here left. If I do 500 kills per day, we're talking about 3 weeks here.

Finished Beast mode : 7 medals

Finished Horde mode : 7 medals

Finished Campaign : 8 medals

Finished Versus : 43 medals

I now have 65 onyx medals.

Current level: 100

WAR SUPPORTEE was my last medal and unlocked during last weekend while playing online horde. The "socialite" and "seriously 3.0" achievements started popping up during wave 16. This seemed a bit strange to me because the summary after wave 10 did not show any "war supporter"-ribbon.

Don't give up people.

As the above quote shows ... it IS possible to achieve.

Finally got it last Friday. My final pistol kill (and last medal) was on Clocktower and it was a hilarious Boltok headshot on someone who was in the process of rolling. I also had a boomshield equipped to make it even more glorious.

WIN right there :Bounce:

well done

• 2 weeks later...

64/65.....1500 more gnasher kills and this terrible grind is over.Never again will I grind an achievement.If it aint fun I aint doing it .For too long I have been grinding out achievements that are just boring and its knocked the fun out of playing and for me thats the point of gaming to have a good time.

So in a way ...thank you Seriously 3.0 for bringing me to my senses and got my mind set back to having fun and a message to Seriously 4.0 GFY

I have set myself a top limit of only doing 75% of the achievements in games from now on as its usually the last 25% achs are usually the grinders.

Heres to a 75% competion rate from now on and a hell of a lot more fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I managed to squeeze in a couple nights of Gears lately. Been doing Dance Central 3 and Borderlands 2 mostly. Got 2 more Onyx Medals tonight: Old Schooler and Lancer. All I need now are Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, and Heavy Weapons and I'm finally done.

Heavy Weapons probably shouldn't take too long. As for the other 2, I have about 2900 gnasher kills and 3600 retro lancer kills to go.

10 so far. Got another 5 that are nearly done and some that have quite big chunks done already. Hopefully can have the Beast Mode ones finished off next week which will free up a bit more time to work on the horde and Arcade. Once thats done i can concentrate on the weapons whilst leaving the match ones to grind out while im at work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The worst NO LIFE Achievement ever...

I know this is 3 months old but I find it ironic that you assume someone has no life because they have/are going for Seriously 3.0 when one look at your achievements shows you cleary spend most of the day playing games.

It took me a whole year to get 3.0 with 450 hours actual playtime. It took you 10 days to get 1000G on Skyrim, the achievement guide says it'll take 100-150 hours, so lets assume your awesome and did it in 60 thats still 6 hours a day. So which one of is the no life?

I'm on 49 I think. Pretty much done all by playing online. No way near getting the game modes done though. Anyone know the quickest way for boosting Wingman games?

I onyx'ed Wingman a while back and the best settings I've found for it is to set the score to 10 (duh), disable all weapons, friendly fire off, bleed-out time to 10 or 20, and hardcore bots. If you have an extra controller, sign in a guest and set the game for 2 vs. 2. You and your guest against two hardcore bots. MAKE SURE BOTH TEAMS ARE COG TEAMS. This is important because the two COG teams usually spawn close to each other making it easier for the bots to find and kill you.

Some people like to enable all boomshots, but I haven't found any consistent and/or significant time difference in doing that. When there are no weapons on the field, the bots tend to go straight to you, and not to the weapon spawn, then back to you.

You want to do Hardcore bots and not Insane bots because insane bots tend to be more survival-oriented (taking excessive cover, rolling, etc.) while hardcore bots are more goal-oriented, which means they will go straight in for the kill.

With these settings you can do a match (which has to be four rounds) in around seven and a half minutes on average, depending on the size of the map and how far apart you are from the enemy team, of course. It took me weeks to idle boost this with my Xbox on all day and night.

Good luck.

-M

Also, I think I have 35 onyx medals, but I am quitting this game right after I re-up my second time for the "Again!" achievement.

Even though I consider myself an achievement whore, I still have standards. The "Seriously" achievements in the Gears franchise is one that I looked long and hard in the face and said: "fuck that." Sometimes you just have to do it. There are way too many awesome games out there for me to be stuck with the most boring of all grind-fests (3,000 kills with the Hammerburst and pistols?!) that sometimes, you just have to say "no." This is where I draw the line.

I played Gears 1 for like over six months and checked my online kills: 2,367. Needed for "Seriously"= 10,000. Me: "fuck that"

Gears 2 came along and now all of your kills counted towards the new "Seriously 2.0" achievement. I got my hopes up, and then I checked my kills after going through the campaign dozens of times and playing online for what seemed like ages. My total kill count was just over 13,000. Needed for Seriously 2.0= 100,000. Me: "fuck that"

Now Gears 3 comes along and I've been playing it pretty regularly for the past 9 months and I am just over halfway to getting 65 onyx medals. I think you know what my answer is going to be if you tell me that I have to spend another 9 months getting the other half of the onyx medals, especially since I’ve already done the fun and/or easy ones.

-M