How does this compare?

Slarak

I have played all of the original Armored Core games, which were very entertaining. Sadly playing AC4 on 360 was a major letdown. What I'm wanting to know is how does this compare to AC4? Better, worse, or just the same thing with new parts. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

well... AC: For answer has a new control scheme you can use if you like and it also has the control schemes from AC4... they take some getting used to but once you have the hang of them it works great.

Everything about the For answer is much cleaner and better than in AC4, easier to understand story, better graphics, more parts, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. I'm a bit of a Noob to this site but don't hold that against me!

I'm an Armored Core Purest, I had the original on ps1, still do somewhere! And I loved it to bits, I even managed to finish off the last raven which was incredibly difficult! Anyway I'd say that For Answer is the best new game in the series since Armored core 2 on the PS2. I didn't enjoy the first Armored Core 4, it was a bit bland, rushed, and very very hard! Course it could just be I'm getting slow and old lol.

Anyway I was a huge fan of sword kills when I played the first game, I had the moonlight and loved delivering death with that weapon! the great thing about the new games is you start with a sword at the beginning! And its quite respectable! It deals by far the most damage of all my weapons so far and I am keen to see if you can have 2 equiped because that would be madness!

Graphically I'd say the background scenery is a constant let down for the series, its always been pretty bland but it doesn't effect the gameplay or enjoyment and you can now destroy the environments quite nicely!

Another plus is that your booster lasts for minutes at a time and not seconds like it did in the first game, which is really nice seeing as a lot of the levels are fought over water or in the air!!

I haven't gotten far but I gave up on the first AC4 a long time ago and am confident that this one will be better. Not to mention the fact that it now has co-op play!

Pro

Hi mate, I just checked the back of the box to be sure and it says, in the green boxes "players 1" "co-op 2" "System Link 2-8" and in the orange boxes it says "Online Multiplayer 2-8" "Co-op 2" "content Download" Leaderboards" "Voice" So yeah, pretty sure its online! I don't think the co-op is like Gears Of War, you can just invite a friend to assist you in the missions, which I think is pretty cool, kinda like if you really were a raven or Next Pilot, you would try and get a fellow pilot to give you a hand on specific missions. Should be sweet

Pro

Yeah, hit me up mate, I'd be interested in giving it a try. The thing with this game is the main menu only has the options for "new game" "load game" and "options" the multiplayer options are dealt with from inside the game, I believe its all controlled via a menu called "Partnership" I think!

Anyway the only way this could be even better is if you were able to trade or sell your parts and weapons, kinda like the trading you can do in Too Human. that would be awesome, or something like that.

The nice thing I find about this AC is that your money goes up a lot quicker! I've only completed about 15 missions on normal and I already have over 5 million credit!! :Bounce:

Pro

**Possible Spoilers**

Lolz, they arent that bad once you find the weak spots. I just finished the first run through, and I must say that the last level, I followed the league ending route, was ridiculously easy. There must be somekind of glitch, I read on another forum that you can stay in the spawn point (its a VERY narrow corridor with no roof) and just pick of the enemie's. Now I kid you not, but I fired ONCE and finished the mission, somehow the partner ac killed both enemies and I barely lifted a finger! Ridiculously easy!

Pro

I did that too, staying back in the hall and lobbing missles at them, till they came after me, The little bugger with the blade, then I just hit him twice with my blade, and continued to fire with my shoulder mounted gatling and missles/relation missle combos,

love watching all the smoke trails

I'm going back through it now to try and get the last AF chievos and the complete all missions on normal. I finished the ranking last night. I got a little confused cos I beat everyone and got to rank 1 but it didn't give me the achievement, then I realised that it was because I had killed White Glint and one other while playing missions and so it didn't count towards the achievement. So I had to go in free play and fight them again there to get it.

I've been thinking lately, the achievements for "1000 kills" etc, they don't actually specify that they are for online exclusively, does anyone know for certain if they are or not? Cheers

Pro

• 1 month later...
I don't know what is was about AC4, but it just seemed like it was all thrown together all to quick. The menu's and controls were just horrible. I was only able to put up with 2 chapters before sending it back.

Same here, I only did two missions in AC:4 and didn't like it and traded it in, I really like AC:FA and I think it's an AC game worth taking a chance on.

• 2 months later...