72/72 Locations Guide and FAQ

Necrophage33

Thanks for your help, bro.

After reading the very last part of your post, I thought to myself "Maybe it's not the jungle, so go check all the maps again and see what green areas match up with your first post/guide.

Sure enough, in Moresby, I notice the very south/south west corner is still green all around the beach and boat. I made my way down there and BOOM 57/72 pops up on my screen.

Off to the prison! Thanks for all your help!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that "There and back again" has been fixed with this patch. If you previously had 72/72 but no achievement (like me), get the patch and load a save game and you should get it.

Good to know. I'll stick that in the guide.

Just wanted to let everyone know that "There and back again" has been fixed with this patch. If you previously had 72/72 but no achievement (like me), get the patch and load a save game and you should get it.

Thank you baby Cthulhu! Guess I'll grab the game back from my neighbor that is borrowing, but hasn't played it yet and pop it in for a sec so it can pop.

Finally got this a couple of days ago and it is confirmed that a prison location is missable in co op. Spent ages trying to find the last location, with nearly every map having no green just about. Decided to re do the prison and when I got to up to the devil's labyrinth quest, it will lead you down stairs for the first time, and that's where the achievement finally popped. Not sure how I missed this, must of fast travelled or something. Also the Chief's Office in the police station is missable in co op, because that was my 71st location found.

Thank you for posting this! This list has been helping me so much. :) I also found a website that has actual pictures of the maps with locations put on it. It might help. So you can put that in the OP if you like. http://www.ign.com/wikis/dead-island/Act_1_-_The_Resort_Map

Thanks but they're copyrighted. That's the problem I've run into since day 1 of this guide. Can't find pictures that aren't copyrighted.

Finally got this a couple of days ago and it is confirmed that a prison location is missable in co op. Spent ages trying to find the last location, with nearly every map having no green just about. Decided to re do the prison and when I got to up to the devil's labyrinth quest, it will lead you down stairs for the first time, and that's where the achievement finally popped. Not sure how I missed this, must of fast travelled or something. Also the Chief's Office in the police station is missable in co op, because that was my 71st location found.

I have the entire prison and the Chief's office listed that way in the guide already.

Hey. I'm missing one. No idea where at all. Canale Street may be the one, but I can't find it. I have no idea where I could have missed

Canale Street is right in the middle of the quarantine area. If you've done the Third Head of Cerberus side quest then you unavoidably have been to Canale Street. If you want to check, just enter the quarantine zone on one side (east or west) and run to the other.

The next places to check would be the locations in blue in the guide, since they're outside the main story and side quests. They're all easy to get to quickly.

If none of those is it, then I'd suggest going through the hotel and police station again, since those are commonly missed ones for people playing co-op (specifically the parking garage in the hotel and the chief's office in the police station).

Canale Street is right in the middle of the quarantine area. If you've done the Third Head of Cerberus side quest then you unavoidably have been to Canale Street. If you want to check, just enter the quarantine zone on one side (east or west) and run to the other.

The next places to check would be the locations in blue in the guide, since they're outside the main story and side quests. They're all easy to get to quickly.

If none of those is it, then I'd suggest going through the hotel and police station again, since those are commonly missed ones for people playing co-op (specifically the parking garage in the hotel and the chief's office in the police station).

Thanks :) I'm having a co op run through of it, so just checking that way. I've checked the commonly missed ones so many times.

Edited by morris69

Thanks :) I'm having a co op run through of it, so just checking that way. I've checked the commonly missed ones so many times.

Well if you played co-op the first time, that could be how you missed one - if your co-op partner went to an area without you. If you're running through again in co-op, do all the quests yourself to be safe.

Well if you played co-op the first time, that could be how you missed one - if your co-op partner went to an area without you. If you're running through again in co-op, do all the quests yourself to be safe.

Never played co op on my first run through. He managed to get all 72 locations and I still had 71 (the second play through). Just reset all my locations and on 56 now (including prison). :)

EDIT: Just got it :) Thanks for the guide. Don't know what was wrong with my original save, but after I reset the progress I got it quite easily. :|

Edited by morris69

I have 56/72 and waiting to go to the Prison. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the Hotel or not. Is there a way to go back?

To go back to the hotel, just load up Chapter 3 with your character. Should start you at the story quest to go through the hotel. Run through on your own then to make sure you got all the locations.

• 3 weeks later...

I used this guide from the very beginning and the only trouble I had was before I went to the jungle, my system was only saying I had 44/72 locations (when you are supposed to have 45.) I waited a day and when I came back to continue playing, the game finally seemed to count it. I don't know why this is, but after that I went smoothly to a 72/72 and unlocked the achievement. good guide

Argh... I have one more location to get. I needed 4 more but I started a new game on mission 15 and went round everywhere and got 71/72. I've just re-done all of the prison act however I'm still stuck at 71/72. Does anyone have any ideas?

Check all of the places in blue in the guide. I assume you've been to the Overpass Camp in the Jungle, and therefore the Jungle Village, since a quest in the camp takes you there. Try walking along the coast of the City, starting from the northwest corner, heading south to the tip, then east all the way to that end. Also, did you play any part of the game co-op? Might want to check the hotel (replay chapter 3 and do everything yourself) and the police station (can't remember this chapter, maybe chapter 6 or 7?).

I used this guide from the very beginning and the only trouble I had was before I went to the jungle, my system was only saying I had 44/72 locations (when you are supposed to have 45.) I waited a day and when I came back to continue playing, the game finally seemed to count it. I don't know why this is, but after that I went smoothly to a 72/72 and unlocked the achievement. good guide

You probably hadn't quit out since going to the gas station in Moresby. It counts once, then you have to quit out and restart and it'll count a second time. Glad the guide helped.

Ok, quick question. I beat the game with 69/72 without knowing I'd need to start over to get them, but I can live with that. When you say unmissable by side quests, is that only the side quests offered in the main hub areas, or does that also include the ones that are randomly given by people in odd areas of the map? I thought we explored everything and did every side quest, but in NG+ I found a random guy on the edge of the map in Resort that gave a quest that had me going somewhere I'd never been. It wasn't a new area for the counter, but I'm wondering if there's any of these in Moresby and Jungle that ARE for the counter.

Edit: I ask just in case any of the ones I missed are actually brown side quest ones instead of just the blue ones.

Edit 2: Never mind. It was a beach in Moresby and the 2 places in the jungle. Achievement get, thanks for the guide.

Edited by Akari

In case anyone is stuck on 56/72 and think they got the Gas Station twice already (like I did). It didn't work until I exited to Dashboard and went back in. Prior to that I just quit out and went back to the Gas Station. That's not "good enough". After getting credit for the Gas Station once, you must dashboard out and go back again for it to give you credit for the second visit. Weird but that's how it works.