Black Monolith Possible Solution - Need Input

Fenrakk101

To reiterate... does anyone else find it peculiar that this monolith is the only thing that doesn't freeze when you enter first person?

Pretty sure the heart does too. I wonder if cubes do too, don't have any left to check.

Animals and such move too :/

New question: what the heck does this say: http://i.imgur.com/0B5s9.jpg

That first one isn't a character we know a meaning for not matter how you rotate it.

I guess we don't know the meaning of the first, but we've seen it repeatedly. The one that looks like an equals sign is, that's shown in a Zu classroom pretty conclusively.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any ideas about the long set of numbers in the Zu classroom?

The first wall shows 3 = 3, written two different ways. (And a visitor holding a 3?)

The next wall shows 0,1,2,3 along with the symbols for point, line, square, cube.

The next wall shows

• 1,4,5=10
  • 2,3,5=10
  • 1,2,7=10

The last wall shows the counting cube unrolled: 1,4,6,5,10,0, written two different ways.

Next to that, there's a scroll I can't make any sense of.

2 4
2 5
4 1
5 4
4 4
3 3
3 6

Thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas about the long set of numbers in the Zu classroom?

The first wall shows 3 = 3, written two different ways. (And a visitor holding a 3?)

The next wall shows 0,1,2,3 along with the symbols for point, line, square, cube.

The next wall shows

• 1,4,5=10
  • 2,3,5=10
  • 1,2,7=10

The last wall shows the counting cube unrolled: 1,4,6,5,10,0, written two different ways.

Next to that, there's a scroll I can't make any sense of.

2 4
2 5
4 1
5 4
4 4
3 3
3 6

Thoughts?

I just turned those into LT and RT movements and followed the code on the other dot in the monolith room. Annnnnnnd nothing happened.

I haven't seen anyone else think of the monolith in this way, Its just a theory of course and is probably wrong but you never know.. It might help someone lead onto something.

When The monolith first appeared for me, I thought it was a portal and the room itself was a stage for one of those OWL statues.. Why? Because I remember there being an owl statue in the ancient city with the same exact candles around/on it and It kind of looked like it would fit in the monolith room.

Anyway, just a perspective on how I first saw it :)

hello, im new here.

just wondering if anyone has translated the book artifact yet? you know, the one with the monolith symbol on the front..

Ive started, but it seems like jibberish. seems like a good place to look though.

Some guy on Neogaf got it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469335&page=30

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/561460141.jpg?key=478640&Expires=1334524528&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=nD1il3QdWXHT8AUZX2d4pYu3IYiGJhHls6yU1e~I6uW69~SG-oqoI0BSJcpN58e-e51tPE1cLxmJLvMSvcmI36BDeL85xZGfie380OipE-YjkFrVjYqPfOkrKwP66KLzF855fN9uVEqb73EfTmwVSVp7DaPSh5O8g4zqiEajuxc_

He isn't telling how though...

"I am indeed sworn to secrecy. But apparently the fastest way to the solution is brute force. Makes me sad, I spent a lot of time playing with the Tome in Excel and hunting for concentric circles in the world."

"You mean you just tried every possible combination?

No, I had help from on high. I wonder how long it would take to brute force 5,764,801 permutations, though?"

"I don't think there are in-game clues for it. Unless there's a crypto sequence in the Tome that Phil didn't tell the other devs about."

More clues...

Random person: honestly the clue about the "13th circle" makes me think of some kind of encryption: so involved!

Person who solved the puzzle: Once you solve it, speak aloud the 64-bit name of G-d!

Random PR: me too :p but you gave me an idea :) have you opened the monolith yourself?

PWSTP: Alli i can say is *puts picture of him finishing the puzzle*

Random PR: I have 201.3%, any tips on the clock's white hand's cube? Its my last and nobody has a clue how to get it. I got the rest legit..

PWSTP: white hand repeats every 48 hours, I think. Got super lucky with the clock, didn't change my settings or nothing

METATRON in binary is this:

That's the 64-bit name of god.

Does anyone have transcripts of what the other owls are saying?

HEY WAIT A MINUTE

Does anyone else find it weird that this monolith is the only thing in the game that still moves when you enter first person?

I literally just mentioned this to a friend as I noticed everything is more of a "snap shot" of the world while this is still moving!