Daily Challenge Diamond Help Thread

Plasmid Blues

I figured I need help with a few levels in particular.. Perhaps this could be the official thread to discuss levels and work towards getting those diamond trophies? I really don't feel like playing a mini game a day for five months if I can help it.

Take this video for example (The "insert link" thing isn't letting me change the link into smaller text)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3tdoAJD4hc&ytsession=Y3_jdIvZR4AZnboWo_PuZQN_5ZYDWlK8I2ege-l2jJ-MlRtbHPakIQK0Z6gtOMH2pTqOE0WvGszXropxqSv8EcO5ZznfZYHZn8k7Zjj_fW-qdSNCO9PaxUb_CJ966cEPaayhwfDxIbLf16d4T1W9vdV7XH48wf3hiiHJUenF1tULKhNVsAZN1MtOUDkiAEm6Bo7br8yXe3Qrp1695WBmBnbWSvtjC__SiquSLCDfXJ7jct6roCkWBpxeRiFapnY6B1uQPuGf7ud5HOBhAtLcRP1XzCNqclBjHct2wBk_ztQ]Rayman Legends - Daily Challenge: The Dojo - Grab them Quickly! - Diamond Run Tips - YouTube[/ame]

At 3:20, I simply CAN NOT get there in time to do the downward slam. Ironically, I did manage to do it on one of my first attempts, but I've since been unable to even come close and even practicing quickly becomes frustrating as hell.. Especially since the level's been thrown maybe 15-20 seconds into the damn daily challenge today. The bird-fighting level's also a major pain, but I guess there's really nothing I can do other than to practice at this point..

I'm not sure if I'm just not doing something right, or if there's a faster version of 3:20 where you HAVE to go under (I know that there are reversed versions of a lot of levels) but I literally cannot possibly get there in time...

It's as if it's physically impossible, because I'm holding every button down that I can even before the "START!" comes up, and I'm watching this dude do a freaking running attack at the start and then jumping again from the edge of the platform and STILL SOMEHOW MAKING IT IN TIME.. WHAT.. THE... AHFASHDHGSajHDGSaudhgsaiudg!!111 My freaking character cannot move that fast.

In my experience the jump that eludes you is only possible on the first attempt (each time obviously). The rotation of the platform is slightly different after a fail. It is simply quick off the mark first time or underneath if you fail, it would still be possible to get diamond while using the bottom route (without dying) on todays challenge, as long as all your other screens were pretty optimised.

Edit: For the bird stage, I assume you mean the one with wooden poles. You have to remember the screen it follows, so when it is next you take your finger off run to stop spin attacks and do it all from the middle pole. Use normal punches a charge punch for the third one and jump kicks for the high ones.

The dojo challenges are all about consistency, you lose lums as well as time for slow strats or errors so sometimes the diamond score seems impossible. Then you do all the screens pretty well on one run and you have an extra 10-20 lums and time to do more or less screens depending on what type of challenge.

Edited by Scottcool
added fings

I guess I just don't have the speed for Dojos, as I never got past Silver on any. Not by a long shot. I can Gold on the go as far as you can though, only one that I can consistently.

Usually I can work my way up to gold, or even very close to diamond, but I never can quite make it.. I'm guessing I just need to improve on the levels, I'm not going to get worse at them.. lol

Usually I can work my way up to gold, or even very close to diamond, but I never can quite make it.. I'm guessing I just need to improve on the levels, I'm not going to get worse at them.. lol

It is because you have to be in the top 1%. I'm afraid it has to be pretty faultless for you to get diamond on any challenge, some of the harder extreme challenges normally only get 900-1500 people completing them so you must be in the top 9-15 which 99% of people won't manage.:(

Yes, and if player numbers drop 1% for diamond and even 20% for gold will become even harder.

I've noticed the distances and times get harder, for example from ~750m for gold to ~950m or even over 1km for gold over the past couple of weeks. As we all improve (or the less skilled players give up) it becomes harder for everyone... I question now if I have the skills to get golds for the roughly 3 months required to clear the achievement.

I'd be happier if Ubisoft had some calculated scores for these procedurally generated challenges as targets for the cups. Ideally they shouldn't have expected people to get 2 weeks worth of diamond cups or 10 weeks of gold cups to complete this final achievement. It reeks of an anti-used games policy shoved onto the developers by executives - "Must include social features! Must inspire people to hold onto their games!"

Does anyone know how to trigger those extra monsters that appear "randomly" on the daily extreme? I was getting low 44 (gold) until I got one extra mob that made me get 38 seconds, diamond is at 36 so I guess they get more extra mobs or something :(

I am unsure, I spotted this on the last challenge that was identical to this, except the layout obviously. I tried collecting every lum while purple slowly and he didn't appear so its not that so I'm swaying towards how quickly you get there.

There is only one extra enemy, the one you speak of. Diamond today requires you to not miss a purple lum and get the extra dude, this allows you to finish a lot earlier.

Edit: You have to be pretty damn fast also, you need to be in the top 8 so far today, I'm currently 6th.

Edited by Scottcool
cause

Can I add you so I can race your ghost? :)

Sure, go for it.

For the extra dude I still have no idea, it could easily be a glitch.

I have worked out you can miss 2 purple lums and still finish on the earliest string of lums today, but if you don't miss any you get fractional improvements. I've improved my position to 4th so I think its a safe time.

I rekon the missing dudes on murphy's dungeon is a glitch I've had loads of the bad guys not spawn on the weekly challenge.

I just had a glitch on the same weekly challenge where all the spikes de-spawned. I thought it would help me but I got to a point in the level and got an error message saying the level had problems loading choose quit or restart. I tried quiting and re-entering the challenges but had to dashboard to get it back to normal.

So I'm nearly done on getting to 11 awesomeness, 1 maybe 2 days and I'm out.

Just thought I'd add something I just discovered.

I usually diamond any dojo challenge but a few times I've come up short and couldn't work out why. I was seeing ghosts perform impossible feats so I perused the internet and found out you can play the daily challenges in co-op. Obviously this greatly effects what is possible especially on dojo challenges. Only works in the normal challenges not extremes.

Figures.

That's it I'm out. I double diamonded the challenges today and they are solid scores. As of tomorrow I will be the first person with a connected gamer card to max Rayman legends on this site. I am around the 16th actual person to reach awsomeness level 11.

I feel sorry for you all who have a long way to go. Especially as its only going to get harder to get those diamonds the less people that play.

Good luck to you all.

That's it I'm out. I double diamonded the challenges today and they are solid scores. As of tomorrow I will be the first person with a connected gamer card to max Rayman legends on this site. I am around the 16th actual person to reach awsomeness level 11.

I feel sorry for you all who have a long way to go. Especially as its only going to get harder to get those diamonds the less people that play.

Good luck to you all.

Amazing work. Congrats. Today I truely realized how far the goal is for me. I'm good at platformers, great even. I can beat any one of them. But there is no possible way I can ever get diamonds (and lucky to get gold) on challenges. I'm getting 10 points a day most of the time for 2 silver trophies. It'll take me freakin' years to get that awesome level. Seems every day I play it's harder and harder just to get silver. Ubisoft should really balance this better.

Thanks man

It'll take me freakin' years to get that awesome level. Seems every day I play it's harder and harder just to get silver. Ubisoft should really balance this better.

Yeah, it must be soul destroying to watch your level increase in increments of ten. It took me a while to get to grips with some types of challenges but i got pretty good at some, go as far as you can levels got very hard for for me to diamond so I dreaded them.

Ubisoft were really unrealistic for the majority of people with the trophy scores.

There are no hackers. There are a few ways to move faster than just running and pressing x to boost.

If you hold run press X and jump during the boost you will maintain high speed for longer as you are airbourne, just chain them together.

Also if there is a slope of any kind you can run down press x and then immidiately down causing a fast slide, once this is happening you can jump whilst holding down and maintain this speed through a tumbling jump that you can tap A to continue (each time you land). The only way to loose the speed is to stop holding left or right which ever way you are facing, so basically as soon as you have to make an adjustment for an obstacle.

Edited by Scottcool

Is there any difference in speed in any characters? Sometimes I notice on videos the viking girl seems to move much faster, but I can't when I use her. I assume all characters have the same speed?

Like scootcool said above, it mostly is just running and mashing X followed by a jump. Sliding helps too.

(Just got the achievement!!!)

You are right, pressing X to speed up and jump, and then x when on floor and repeating make things a lot quicked. I would like to know how to handle the parts when jumping from floor to ceiling (what is exactly faster there)

The vertical levels, if that is what you mean, any section where you can jump back and forth you should constantly spin then jump. This is much faster than running up one side and spinning.

Other things are normally little short cuts, such as landing on the vines that shoot out suddenly from nowhere in just the right spot so it boosts you, its a bit glitchy.

Also you can do the down + X attack while in the air on some of the bouncy blue things (no idea what they actually are!) and it will skip little bits, sometimes the timings can be awkward but not too bad.

I will experiment with that, thanks!

What I saw is some crazy speedy times with Falsetta on the challenges. He is able to go about in 22 seconds in some when you with all the effort are able to do around 27. It will be great to see how he does that.

• 3 weeks later...