tracking your time?

ghostface420

Once you reach 5 hours there is a way to tell, sort of. Here is a list of the unlockables from playtime taken from the guide on here:

Unlockable forms for beyond mode Zero Form - get 100% shot down in area 1 in play mode or play the game for at least 5 hours.

Second Form - get 100% shot down in area 1 in play mode or play the game for at least 5 hours.

Third Form - get 100% shot down in area 2 in play mode or play the game for at least 6 hours.

Fourth Form - get 100% shot down in area 3 in play mode or play the game for at least 7 hours.

Fifth Form - get 100% shot down in area 4 in play mode or play the game for at least 8 hours.

Final Form - get 100% shot down in all areas in play mode or play the game for at least 9 hours.

Morolian Form - get 100% shot down and support items in all areas in play mode or play the game for at least 10 hours.

You can find these listed in the options in beyond mode, assuming you have beyond mode unlocked. As long as you don't have 100% shot down on any of the levels in play mode then you can use this as a guide to tell how many hours you have 5+.

As for leaving your 360 on for 10 hours, it would probably be fine unless it is an older system. I got my 360 around 16 months ago and haven't had any problems despite leaving it on for long periods of time, including the 100 hour play time achievements in Beautiful Katamari and Dead or Alive 4. It seems that consoles made within the past year and a half or so have been better than those that are older than that, either that or I have just been lucky with mine so far.