The Mile High guide/Discussion

First time getting there: Shot the other dude in the leg. Not good enough for Veterans mode apparently. Second time: Missed. Third: Actually beat the mission.

Basically the same for me, make it the first time I screwed up my shot and hit the bad guy in the stomach. 2nd time I hit the hostage and the 3rd time was sweet success.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whats more frustrating: Me getting stuck on random pieces, getting blocked by useless AI team mates, them not being able to kill enemies, or guys running in a room, I throw a flashbang, they all get blinded, except for that one random dude, who just keeps running and shoots me in the head. And no, he wasn't in cover... This sucks and I actually for the first time ever threw my controller through the room :mad:

EDIT: I made up my mind: The most frustrating thing is definately the FU**ING USELESSNESS of the team mates, as they don't seem to do shit, except for being slow and occasionaly standing in the way -.- This is absolutely ridiculous, and has nothing at all to do with testing your skills. It's just pure luck. I'd say it would be even easier, if your team mates weren't there. I just actually threw a flashbang on one of those lil fu**ers head, because he just popped his head out, where the last cluster of enemies is... I hate this part so much!

Edited by N00delsuppe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally got this one; a huge relief to have bagged the so-called achievement of this generation. The tips here helped quite a bit. The only thing I would add is that the double-hop to shoot the guy at the end is the only way to do it. . . don't be a hero and shoot the hostage like I did the first time I got to that part. You put in enough time just getting there, why would you want to mess it up?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I hate this achievement, and I hate this level. I loved that game before I spent hours on this single achievement.

I hate this dumb teamates that are absolutely useless and start shooting at enemies AFTER they killed you. I hate them so much for not stick to my ass and keep pulling the trigger of their guns on whatever shows in the way.

I hate this retarded SAS member you're supposed to be, taking his time when grabbing a new weapon to check if the color suits his socks, if it's not rusted and if the weight is well, before being able to shoot. You're supposed to be a overtrained soldier, why does it takes you minutes to reload your weapon ?!

I hate Infinity Ward and this absolutely bad walkpath that makes you being blocked if the tip of your shoulder even brush against a doorway like you had a giant elephant sized butt.

This is the latest achievement I have to unlock on this game, and the moment I will succeed (because I will.), i'll uninstall this game, spit on the DVD, put it in his steelbook, spit on the steelbook, put it on my shelf and NEVER EVER remove it form here.

This was written after my 100th attempt (above), and 2 hours of intensive tries, in an absolute anger.

• 2 months later...

I tried about 1000 times and finally got it. No joke. Like 120 times an hour (sometimes the bathroom dude killed me as I ran by, usually twice in a row for some reason. Took about 8 hours of play.

I used this:

It helped a LOT. And really I mostly only used flash bangs the time I beat it. Until the upper floor I didn't shoot at all. Just flash, run past stuff. Your guys will move up then and clean up for you. Once you get upstairs flash the middle room and run in and shoot those guys. RELOAD. Then flash the last hall, run through and hope no one is doubled over in your way - that messed me up a lot. At the last corner with the three dudes just spray and go through.

The biggest tip is DO NOT FLASH YOURSELF. AT ALL. It stops your run and will get you killed. Toss, hide, and after you heard it pop, THEN move.

Edited by Shadow XBL

• 3 weeks later...

Getting through the first bunch of enemies on each floor quickly enough is where the most time is lost. If you don't get through either doorway fast enough, more enemies will continue to flood in, so throw a flash and storm in, you don't have to kill every enemy but do have to kill most of them or they will just annialate you in a split second. You need to get up the stairs, throw your flash n get to the grenade refill with about 20 seconds left. Make sure both your guns are fully loaded, don't take too long by the grenade refill though else a guy hides behind the right of doorway. If he's hiding there edge to your right and kill him and then throw your flash, kill the few guys in the hallway, u can ignore the guy behind seats as long as you run towards the end of hall and can kill the next two flying round corner at you then you should be able to just run to door without further resistance and hopefully in time. That's how I did it anyway. Took about 3 or 4 hour longish sessions to finally get it. Once your comfortable getting up the stairs in a good time (25/30 seconds left), if you don't get the first four with flash (blatantly robs you of blinding them even though its landed right on them and it blinds you instead a good ten metres away) you should just let them kill you as there is another four at least who will fly in pretty much straight after them and by time you've dealt with them all you will of wasted too much time. I switched my pistol for the Uzi off guy in bathroom at start but only used it as backup as it seems to take longer to reload than the one you start with and has more recoil, basically its OK up close but a bit too bouncy at a distance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After reading about how difficult this achievement was, and listening to the guys at Rooster Teeth saying they spent a whole weekend on it, I was nervous. However, I must have realistically only taken 20 tries to do it. I found it more effective to shoot the guy in the bathroom, then shoot the guy way up ahead in the door; throw the flash bang before the enemies have made it into the room, reloaded. Hip fire a few guys, knife the guy to the right of the other side of the wall. Crouch behind the first chairs, throwing a flash bang. Hip firing while running behind the wooden plank. Letting the AI finish them off. Run up the stairs, to the right, with a flashbang ready to throw through the door on the left. Taking out the couple guys in that room, then throw another flash and get into the last room quickly so even though there is a half dozen guys, they will all run towards you in a line and just take them out. Then sprint through to the pistol sequence, and try not to mess it up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...